1. May 31, 2018  

[ANSWERED]TBC Mac Client finally working! But not on Warmane

Hello,

We (read: some dude on reddit) finally managed to get a native Mac client working for TBC! (reddit thread).

This was not possible for years, following Mac OS updates. It is finally possible and it is great for many of us as we otherwise have to run the game through Wineskin, which inevitably affects performance.

Unfortunately, I am unable to log on Warmane (or Fe****** for that matter). I am, however, able to log on Ex****** and Sm***********, which makes me think that it might be some server side issue.

The issue -- as soon as I select realm name, I get instantly disconnected.

Can anyone on the staff side please provide any assistance with this and see if there is anything which might enable Mac Support?

This would be greatly appreciated by many Mac users.

Thanks,

UPDATE

I got the following as a possible explanation by someone on reddit:

"I am assuming the reason for this is that Warmane and possibly Felmyst simply disabled Mac access by some means, or because they were never able to test or support it, somehow broke support. I can theorize the Warden system being a potential culprit, not understanding how to initialize with the Mac client and simply rejecting it. You can even see on TrinityCore if the check for Warden on Mac fails, it kicks the client. Since Warmane built their TBC core off their WotLK it's very likely they neither tried nor added support for 2.4.3 since it would be based on the 3.3.5 version for Mac -- which could explain why it kicks you if the check fails"
    Edited: June 1, 2018

2. June 8, 2018  
    This will be forwarded for someone to look into.