1. Taking advantage of soul stone

Is it against any rule or bannable at all if some raid members leveled a warlock to 40-whatever just to pre-cast soul stone on the raid?

I dont know how sensitive warmane is about abusing this kind of thing so figured I'd ask first.

2. Depends on how this leveling happened. If it was done with content for the warlock's level, leveling by normal grinding means, just with other people assisting, it's fine. If it was otherwise, done by "boosting" and using content that way overlevels the warlock (like mobs marked by a skull), by methods involving breaking party and killing mobs that have been tagged by the warlock, and similar things, it's exploiting and incurs a ban on all involved.

3. The question seems to be about having a low level warlock who is not participating in the raid casting soulstone on a raid member. If it's not supposed to work like that, it can be reported and the player should get banned for exploiting. But I don't know if it's supposed to work like that or not. You can make a support ticket in game to get an answer from a GM.

4. The question seems to be about having a low level warlock who is not participating in the raid casting soulstone on a raid member.
    If that's the case and I misunderstood, then yes, it's bug exploiting, as it has been changed since 2.1.0:

" Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Soulstones can no longer be used on targets not in your party or raid. In addition, the soulstone buff will now be removed if the target or caster leaves the party or raid."