1. Some information regarding the transmog system before the new season

Hey guys.

With the new season we're switching to the new core with crossrealm and changes to the transmog system.
    So here's some information regarding that

- Arena cases will get removed. So make sure to open all of them before the new season.
    - Transmog tokens will get converted into transmog scrolls.
    - You will keep all the transmog in your bags (except some of the artifact items like frostmourne etc)
    - The transmog that you have currently equipped visually will get resetted.

Some of you might noticed that the Case Trader npc is gone.
    It was removed due to an exploit.

I will be hosting a stream near season end to answer more questions and show the new systems.

2. I am gonna be OT but I hope you will read this:
    There is a problem with weapons on Blackrock.

Here is the situation:
    264 weap = 1800 rating 2s, 3s, soloq
    277/284 weap = 2200 rating 3s only

the problem is that 90% of players go around with 264 weap and 10% with 284.
    Even if they got 284 in a legit way ( via 3s) they are still gonna use them while playing 2s and Soloq and the difference between a 264 weap and 284 weap is way too much making almost every game too unbalance.

You can solve this issue by doing 2 changes:
    1. Adding 271 weapons (LK 25normal and LK 10HC)
    They are totally missing from Npcs and soon or later blackrock players are gonna face ppl from Lordaeron+Icecrown where players can get them in game.
    So there is no good reason not having them on Blackrock realm as well

2. Change the requirement for 277 weap
    Right now 277 weap and 284 have the same requirement and this makes 277 weap pretty useless since for 99% of players 284 weap are the BiS one.
    So there is no reason for a player to buy them

Here is my suggestion:
    264 weap = 1800 rating 2s, 3s, Soloq [ like now ]
    277 weap = 2200 2s, 3s, Soloq [ NEW ]
    271 weap = 1800 3s only [ NEW ] ------------------------------------ (or 2000 2s, 3s, Soloq)
    284 weap = 2200 rating 3s only [ like now ]

3. Why do you even force 3v3? its a dead bracket since last AT days, competition is 0 and will be 0 if its merged with soloq. The at least 13 wintrader teams out of 50 still on the ladder clearly shows the competition in 3s.
    By making the lk hc weapons buyable from the website, which healthy minded person spends days playing for +2 -20 if they can just go work for 1-2 hours and voila you got the money for it.
    Why dont you focus on improving the playable brackets, in 2s server peak time there are max 5 teams joining, sometimes theres only one team on 1,6-1,8 mmr, you get +8 -12 average, in soloq you have to wait 5 minutes on 1,5k mmr as dps. Why dont you let people buy everything from 2s, why do you think an rng bracket is more competitive or takes more skill than 2s?
    Edited: January 22, 2019 Reason: hope its not against the rules

4. This answers some questions but there are still many left. Some people (like me) don't play on Icecrown or Lordaeron so we have no idea how the new system works. I found this thread - http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=342913 - but it's from 2016. I have no idea how it actually works.

Will the transmog scrolls be Soulbound so you have to distribute your transmog tokens beforehand? I really don't like that. It might work well on a regular realm but on instant realms character progression works differently and lines between characters blur. The system we have now encourages it as everything can be traded, sold or moved around. I can live with this being changed but I think we should know how it actually is.

Also it seems like the item type restrictions will be stronger, I would like to get a confirmation about that.
    What about Main-Hand vs Off-Hand vs One-Hand items. Can you cross-mog them freely like now?

The old thread says you can only transmog BoP items. Is that true? That is another big restriction.

If all these changes go trough, all of my transmog sets will become useless because they combine all of the flexible features.

Will items looted from cases not be soulbound until traded or is trading dead? Will the items in your bags all become soulbound after the changes go live so you have to redistribute them or sell them beforehand?

Overall I would really like if there was a section on this website eplaining IN DETAIL how all of the custom features work. How exactly you can get scrolls, cases etc. What will drop from cases (If there are changes like removing some items). Will there be a feature like Transmog Token, that will allow Blackrock players to effectivelly get items that you can't farm in a regular way on a PVP realm and noone wants to trade them because they don't have flashy names (items like Boots or Gloves of a certain set are super hard to get, most people want to trade just Helms, Shoulders, Chests or Weps). So many questions....

This goes for any custom feature of any of the realms. It's stupid there are no resources on that. For example people joing Blackrock may never find out there are .utility commands. There is no word of them anywere (although they are going away with the changes, they demonstrate my point nicely). (Hint hint, a nice way to do that is implement the .help and .commands commands that explain all the custom chat commands available to a player with their account rights. Most servers have this.)

Finally I would like to point out you shouldn't underestimate the importance of transmog to the Blackrock realm. Not only individual players but the realm as a whole. It's safe the say that it the feature that keeps a sizable chunk of the players base (both casual and more focused players) playing there so if you mess it up badly, it will have bad consequences.
    Edited: January 22, 2019

5. Thanks for the questions jediknight14

Transmog scroll will be soulbound. So distributing your transmog tokens beforehand would be smart.
    Weapons can be transmogged from like 1h axe -> 1h sword or 2h mace -> 2h axe.
    You can not transmog a plate item to leather for example.
    You can only transmog soulbounded items
    The items that you've looted from the cases now will become bop/boe after the core change.
    Arena Cases will disappear and not be used anymore.

You will be able to obtain gear from the transmog npc for free without any tokens.
    Through arena gear or "transmog by item id" like before.

Regarding the utility commands they will disappear.
    Mainly due to faction change etc give free name changes and thats highly abusive by greifers.

6. Regarding the utility commands they will disappear.
    Mainly due to faction change etc give free name changes and thats highly abusive by greifers.
    I just tested this, .utility commands dont give name changes, unless this will have something to do with warmane core.

EDIT: Also, what is gonna happen to cross-fac bgs?
    Edited: January 22, 2019

7. Thanks for the questions jediknight14

Transmog scroll will be soulbound. So distributing your transmog tokens beforehand would be smart.
    Weapons can be transmogged from like 1h axe -> 1h sword or 2h mace -> 2h axe.
    You can not transmog a plate item to leather for example.
    You can only transmog soulbounded items
    The items that you've looted from the cases now will become bop/boe after the core change.
    Arena Cases will disappear and not be used anymore.

You will be able to obtain gear from the transmog npc for free without any tokens.
    Through arena gear or "transmog by item id" like before.

Regarding the utility commands they will disappear.
    I haven't been able to name change when changing faction / race / customize for ages.

But I suppose you can still do the faction change with points on the store?

8. You cant get points by playing on blackrock.

9. Regarding the utility commands they will disappear.
    No, changing race/faction via .utility does not allow to change name. Therefore blackrock players will need to change race/faction for Coins only since they can not collect points ( so from Free to Coins only)

What about .challenge ? (arena wargames 1vs1,2vs2,3vs3,4vs4,5vs5)

10. Name change is currently disabled but will be re-enabled again with the new core.
    Thats why we can't use the utility commands.
    Faction change will be possible through points etc

11. You cant get points by playing on blackrock.
    I have been getting points every day after collecting them since... well I can't remember not being able to.

12. Ye if you have a character on another realm with 1k achievement or sth like that.

13. I really doubt I have that, ill check later.