1. Black bruise vs frost giant's cleaver(hc)

Which one of these two is better on combat rogue?

2. The axe will proc hack and slash, which is a massive damage increase in your dps
    the black bruise is just a 9% damage bonus as shadow damage, and the bonus of CQC is 5% more crit. Personally, i'm using black bruise and heartpierce right now because the guild forces me to it, despite not being as good as any of the axes in ICC. but then again, i haven't even seen them drop in all these raids.

also the game's math has been done since around 10 years ago, there's no point to arguing about these kinda things when it comes to pve.

3. June 7, 2019  
    The axe will proc hack and slash, which is a massive damage increase in your dps
    the black bruise is just a 9% damage bonus as shadow damage, and the bonus of CQC is 5% more crit. Personally, i'm using black bruise and heartpierce right now because the guild forces me to it, despite not being as good as any of the axes in ICC. but then again, i haven't even seen them drop in all these raids.

also the game's math has been done since around 10 years ago, there's no point to arguing about these kinda things when it comes to pve.
    Much of the available information about Black Bruise that you can find evaluates its' dps values prior to 3.3.5. In 3.3.5 the proc chance of the weapon was drastically improved.

The result being that in best-in-slot gear Black bruise actually doesn't fall very far from Havoc's Call. Dps is lost in killing spree because of having such a fast off-hand, but outside of Killing spree the steady dps is only a hundred or two lower than Havoc's Call. It's easily the second best dps Combat rogue weapon in the game because of the high uptime on the proc as well as the proc scaling linearly with armor penetration.

Hack and Slash was given an internal-cooldown sometime around 3.3.5, and doesn't proc nearly as much as it did in prior patches. It is marginally better than 5% crit, but only by a very slim margin thanks to its' ICD.

Black Bruise is incredibly easy to acquire thanks to the general mindset that it is bad, and it comes from a boss that's particularly easy to kill on Heroic. I'd say for most gearing Rogues it's worth picking one up since it won't cost them anything. At 100% armor-pen it's a pretty dang good weapon.

4. June 7, 2019  
    Most of the last changes that went through to the various ICC proc weapons happened very early on. The last significant hotfix to Black Bruise was around 3.3.0 - early Jan-ish. Which is also roughly when the Plagueworks quarter was even made available. All of this happened months before 3.3.5, which came in June and didn't change anything significant at all class-wise apart from adding Ruby Sanctum gear into the game.

Hack and Slash doesn't have any kind of ICD whatsoever and I don't know what made you think they added one.

5. June 7, 2019  
    Most of the last changes that went through to the various ICC proc weapons happened very early on. The last significant hotfix to Black Bruise was around 3.3.0 - early Jan-ish. Which is also roughly when the Plagueworks quarter was even made available. All of this happened months before 3.3.5, which came in June and didn't change anything significant at all class-wise apart from adding Ruby Sanctum gear into the game.

Hack and Slash doesn't have any kind of ICD whatsoever and I don't know what made you think they added one.
    I must be thinking of Warriors and sword specialization. *shrug*

I'm drawing on memory here, since I actually played through retail WotLK, but Black bruise initially had less than a 2% proc chance and could only trigger off main-hand damage, but was eventually hotfixed to a greater-than 3% proc chance and the ability to trigger off both main and off-hand damage.
    Edited: June 7, 2019

6. Im using heroic version of Black bruise instead of normal version of Bloodvenom and it significant dps boost. Im at 94% arp and almost 6,2k gearscore. Black bruise proc does around 6% of my total dps, which is more then my hack and slash did. Only thing you lose is less potentional evergy regen from hack and slash offhand and less posion ticks. Im using it due to the base dmg, when i get my hands on hc Bloodvenom i will do comparasion and decide whether im staying with Black bruise or not. Btw. Im playing evis spec due to nice scaling of Black bruise proc with evis. The proc does not work with rupture.

My armory link: https://armory.warmane.com/character...daeron/summary

7. Im using heroic version of Black bruise instead of normal version of Bloodvenom and it significant dps boost. Im at 94% arp and almost 6,2k gearscore. Black bruise proc does around 6% of my total dps, which is more then my hack and slash did. Only thing you lose is less potentional evergy regen from hack and slash offhand and less posion ticks. Im using it due to the base dmg, when i get my hands on hc Bloodvenom i will do comparasion and decide whether im staying with Black bruise or not. Btw. Im playing evis spec due to nice scaling of Black bruise proc with evis. The proc does not work with rupture.

My armory link: https://armory.warmane.com/character...daeron/summary
    found ur comment just as I was considering either bvb/scourge + hns or bb/lung + cqc (all weapons hc). can't get my hands on havoc hc yet, so it's between these 2 sets. according to spreadsheets (aldrianas, new wotlk classic) with proper gemming (all caps) it estimates sword/axe ~50dps ahead. although rawr shows a +250dps increase with black bruise setup. unfortunately I sold that fist by accident & will have to drop a new one to test it myself. so here I am, left wondering if sheets are right or rawr is lol

if you did eventually test these yourself I'd love to hear it.