View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%

1. i meant for those who don't wanna play for opposite faction, and would rather cancel the queue

2. And here I was thinking" There`s no possible way they can ruin bgs again after they trolled us with blackrock crossrealm " ...Boy oh boy was wrong.....

3. You're correct.
    Or, at least you would be if only those 20 Alliances were the last ones to ever queue, and those 8 Hordes wouldn't ever get 2 more to join them. In the real world even if those 20 got matched with each other, there would be another many Alliances queued (which we know happens, as they have long wait times) and at most those Hordes would have to wait for more Hordes to queue only.

Trying to gauge the effectiveness of a system based on the extreme and rare cases like what you describe has no purpose.
    Would this system be implemented across all level brackets? While the example presented by gpivanov1995 is rare at level 80, it is a common situation for lower level BGs. Of course, I understand that twinking/lower level PvP is an anomaly in the greater scale of things and not your primary focus, but I would appreciate any additional information on how this would affect us if implemented.

On another (somewhat related) note, the main post focuses specifically on Alliance players being considered Horde players. Would the system also work in the opposite direction (Horde players being considered Alliance players) if Horde outnumbered Alliance, as might be the case at lower levels?

4. Would this system be implemented across all level brackets? While the example presented by gpivanov1995 is rare at level 80, it is a common situation for lower level BGs. Of course, I understand that twinking/lower level PvP is an anomaly in the greater scale of things and not your primary focus, but I would appreciate any additional information on how this would affect us if implemented.

On another (somewhat related) note, the main post focuses specifically on Alliance players being considered Horde players. Would the system also work in the opposite direction (Horde players being considered Alliance players) if Horde outnumbered Alliance, as might be the case at lower levels?
    Both things would take a reply from Proterean or someone more involved in the development of the feature (assuming it becomes a reality).

But remember the system is meant to deal with a long wait on one faction because it has a large surplus of queued players. I don't know what the numbers are for the cases you're mentioning, but if what happens is just that too few people are queuing on both sides (which could easily be the case) it would already be outside the scope of this idea. My take is that for what you ask to happen it would take the inverse scenario to be happening on lower brackets, i.e. a huge amount of Hordes queued to very few Alliances.

5. either way, i rather keep my racial graphics. the pool is too binary.
    there are 2 other things i should consider:
    1) being optional
    2) keep race instead of changing into a race you didnt wana play to begin with.

6. either way, i rather keep my racial graphics. the pool is too binary.
    there are 2 other things i should consider:
    1) being optional
    2) keep race instead of changing into a race you didnt wana play to begin with.
    we have mogs now btw, in case you forgot. some of the mogs are only logical when applied to a certain race, which belongs to a particular faction. just saying.

7. we have mogs now btw, in case you forgot. some of the mogs are only logical when applied to a certain race, which belongs to a particular faction. just saying.
    also i would rather remove this idea for something else instead:
    Would you like to fight other alliance players when not enough horde is queueing? Yes. This means Alliance vs alliance
    Would you like to join the faction you hate with your guts and try to cooperate on a form of e-sport which has a lot of competition faction-wide and has built a reputation of being life long enemies? No, **** no. If i wanted to play with Cows and Transvestites i would have made an orc. But thats not what i chose.

8. A problem with leaving the models the same is that a lot of reaction time comes from visual identification of a race from the opposing faction. Yes, there are HP bars and stuff, but most people would still instinctively be looking for Horde models first. It might sound minor, but in the heat of a fight with multiple people from both sides, I have little doubt it would create a lot of confusion. Sure, some might consider that "fun," but would that be the majority or just a small amount?
    From my own experience it caused zero confusion to play cross-faction BGs on Blackrock.
    The red bar above the character is the eye catcher, not the character model.

9. also i would rather remove this idea for something else instead:
    Would you like to fight other alliance players when not enough horde is queueing? Yes. This means Alliance vs alliance
    Would you like to join the faction you hate with your guts and try to cooperate on a form of e-sport which has a lot of competition faction-wide and has built a reputation of being life long enemies? No, **** no. If i wanted to play with Cows and Transvestites i would have made an orc. But thats not what i chose.
    also there are other problems that are causing this queue times.
    horde is mainly queueing AV and **** like that. they are causing 20man premades+20 randoms vs 40 randoms.
    so, if you allow alliance fight each other, you will solve both problems at the same time. this is why:
    alliance will fight alliance in smaller bgs, until horde decides to stop ****ing with the game (the core is the problem actually), and they will start queueing either smaller bgs or just plain random bgs.
    2 cents.

10. From my own experience it caused zero confusion to play cross-faction BGs on Blackrock.
    I'm sure you understand we wouldn't base the decision on that on your anecdotal evidence.

11. From my own experience it caused zero confusion to play cross-faction BGs on Blackrock.
    yeah the red bar kinda sets the tone for enemy/kill this.

12. I'm sure you understand we wouldn't base the decision on that on your anecdotal evidence.
    its not anecdotal, it has been the default setting for blackrock for years. you should know that maybe?

13. As some seems to want to desert BGs when getting paired with Hordes, make an opt-out option in on the account panel in this website.

Default should be opt-in, but it is better to let players opt-out than desert the BGs

First ... 715161718192767 ... Last