View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Having that in mind why don't you change the things in that way (using example above) 2 single queued alliances (or 2 premade) to join in bg as hordes to fulfill the 8 hordes to at least 10 so both sides hordes and alliances can join the battleground. My point is in addition to what you have presented with this new mode to add this case where number of alliances to be part of the horde team in order to make that BG happen.
    Even if we leave aside all the reactions from people who didn't properly read what this is about and go saying they "don't want to play with <insert insult about opposing race/faction>," Horde has no queue problems, it's Alliance that does. Pushing players to fill Horde spots would take the place of other Hordes who would queue, would bring in people actually having basis to their complain about being "grouped with the enemy," would probably create larger coding problems to deal with (like the faction language barrier), and in the end isn't necessary, it would be "fixing" a problem that doesn't exists.

2. Even if we leave aside all the reactions from people who didn't properly read what this is about and go saying they "don't want to play with <insert insult about opposing race/faction>," Horde has no queue problems, it's Alliance that does. Pushing players to fill Horde spots would take the place of other Hordes who would queue, would bring in people actually having basis to their complain about being "grouped with the enemy," would probably create larger coding problems to deal with (like the faction language barrier), and in the end isn't necessary, it would be "fixing" a problem that doesn't exists.
    Well considering that this change will affect only alliance players and their que time then this should be specifically directed to alliances only and their vote should be considered with higher volume. Anyways from horde side I wouldn't like to vote for something that is not affecting me but other people.

3. I don't see why not, kinda sad this was not implemented earlier, when I was spending half of the /played time on Queues. My vote to YES.

4. This thread reminds me when warmane announced cross-realm between IC and lord, everyone started saying it was the end of lord pvp, just like some people are saying here that this is the end of horde pvp. Calm down guys, after all what warmane has done for us do you still think they are gonna harm the realms?
    I think its gonna be fun seeing undead paladins. Speaking of which: can you release the table with racial convertions please? I think its already clear how the poll is going to end.

5. Well considering that this change will affect only alliance players and their que time then this should be specifically directed to alliances only and their vote should be considered with higher volume. Anyways from horde side I wouldn't like to vote for something that is not affecting me but other people.
    Who knows, perhaps ideally, but the process to get only votes from those would be impractical, if not impossible when anyone can just create an alt in the Alliance to claim a vote anyway. Adding level or gear or whatever restrictions to voting is a can of worms not worth opening.

6. I don't see why not, kinda sad this was not implemented earlier, when I was spending half of the /played time on Queues. My vote to YES.
    forgot to say; wish you guys did polls more often by the way.

7. What about the communication when you are selected to play on the opposite side? Will you be able to communicate with them or?

8. This is a great idea, hope it goes through!

9. I disagree with that idea because in my opinion it treats symptoms and not the root of the problem which is faction imbalance in pvp. Also as stated in original post

"This process would be automatic and you would be assigned as such when the system needs to balance the pool."

I don't like it being automatic and not optional.

10. Yes its a great idea and a necessary one. Maybe u can upload a list of horde counterparts? so human gonna be be?
    Besides that the only argument against this implementations are roleplaying aspects, but i guess that there arent alot of roleplayers in here, and even if mostly only alliance rp will be affected.

u could add this feature: if pvp status is activated, u can get matched with horde; If pvp status is not activated, u cant get matched with horde and therefore have to sit in longer ques

11. So many ppl that cant read....

This is a good change btw.

12. There should be an option to see if you're invited as the Mercenary , and probably a bit of reward, smth like x1.5 honor rates for players invited as a mercenary.

13. There should be an option to see if you're invited as the Mercenary , and probably a bit of reward, smth like x1.5 honor rates for players invited as a mercenary.
    The reward is playing a Battleground match with shorter queue times.

14. You can make this mercenary thing only with Blackrock players, they are PVP server free gear so i don't mind killing them
    They use to play mixed so no problem at all. Then all problems will be solved. no more long que, we can't premade with em so we can't talk with em and say to lose a BG/acivments.
    So Blackrock can be your mercenary as you want

15. You people are bunch of ungrateful sacks of ****s.

You complain about queues,warmane staff finds solution for queues,you are not happy.

What the **** is wrong with you people?They cant produce more players out of thin air.Either don't complain,because seems to me whatever warmane staff does,you don't like it,or either accept it and shut the **** up.

First ... 614151617182666 ... Last