1. did gold squish really fought inflation?

I dont know but it seems like the amount of gold in circulation is higher than ever ... Gold for coins ratio is just insanely high 1 month after squish. It used to be 1=170+- (could go higher or lower) 3 weeks before squish and now its up to 1=250+-.

Is it because of isle quests beeing a huge gold revenue ?
    Some whales dumping their gold now that server is less active than it used to be (tough still higly active) ?

Primals and other rare materials prices are more or less the same than they used to be prior gold squish annoucement (the actual annoucement not the day gold got squished). So maybe it stopped some inflation but its back to normal levels super fast.

Could it be some big guild vaults getting dumped into the AH ?
    We all noticed a decent amount of guilds discontinued raiding on outland. So many raiding consumables, gems, sunmotes, etc might have been dumped into the AH. And it would mean that the market tanked it super hard since prices are allmost already back to prior gold squish annoucement.

What are your thoughts on this matter ? Opinions?

2. What are your thoughts on this matter ? Opinions?
    Hard to say.
    The rapid population drop might lead to the impression that Outland is a sinking ship.
    Possible that many ex Outland players wanna sell their remaining gold for coins before it is too late.

It's also possible that ppl buy Outland gold on other websites and then sell it for coins. That's probably cheaper than buying coins directly from Warmane.

Another explanation would be that those who sell lots of gold on trading are actively botting.

1 coin for 250g is a absolute absurd rate. It takes 30-40 min to do all the queldanas dailys so it requires around 90 min to earn 250g that way. One and a half hour of daily questing for 1 coin. That's a pathetic rate.
    It makes me believe that most of the gold that circulates on trading was earned through some shady ways and not with honest gold farming.
    Edited: March 13, 2019

3. It makes me believe that most of the gold that circulates on trading was earned through some shady ways and not with honest gold farming.
    I had the same feelings.

4. I don't believe gold squish fights inflation, since the main source of inflation is botting. Since the squish doesn't prevent botting in the future, prices bounce back rapidly.

Further, inflation isn't a problem in WoW economies, because all you have to do to hedge against inflation is buy and sell items on the AH (which contributes to a healthy economy), and stop using dailies as your sole source of income (doesn't help economy).

5. May 11, 2019  
    It seems like Outland reached a historical level of inflation.
    350g is now 1coin on trading.
    A http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=22449 sells now for 40g. (used to be 20-25g)
    A http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=22446 sells now for 18g. (used to be 8-10g)
    In just two months the price on pretty much everything in the auctionhouse doubled.

I'm really curious where all the gold is coming from.
    There is either a army of bots that keeps pumping gold in the economy or every veteran is leaving the realm and hands out all his gold for free.
    Edited: May 11, 2019

6. May 11, 2019  

7. May 11, 2019  
    what are they doing in these guilds?

8. May 12, 2019  
    what are they doing in these guilds?
    Pump&Dump groups ;)

9. May 12, 2019  
    Pump&Dump groups ;)
    can you explain what you mean by that?

10. May 12, 2019  
    can you explain what you mean by that?
    Ppl that use entire guilds of bots to farm gold with them.
    Then they sell that gold either for real cash or for coins which results in a insane economic inflation.

update:
    400 gold is now worth 1 coin.

11. May 12, 2019  
    but the characters in there are almost all level 1

12. May 12, 2019  
    for the most part they are for storing items as guild bank isnt enough:)
    So the "bad players" because of whom we have to go through a "gold squish" can avoid it easily by storing items instead of gold.
    They either buy up popular mats, or also big "botterz" store items this way. Than sell them after squish when needed.
    So gold squish doest really affect the "big players". The lvl40-50 chars are only for crafting down mats so its easier to sell, or to disenchant items farmed by bots to sell as enchant mats
    Thats why u see sometimes 5000 rugged leather and stuff on AH suddenly
    Edited: May 12, 2019

13. May 17, 2019  
    Theres this multiboxer that makes 10k+ gold everyday
    Edited: May 17, 2019

14. May 17, 2019  
    Basically does 21 daily quest across 50 chars adding over 10,000 gold to the server everyday!

15. May 17, 2019  
    Basically does 21 daily quest across 50 chars adding over 10,000 gold to the server everyday!
    And it takes them 12hours to do all those dailies ... 12hours of farming for like 28coins (+-) doesnt feel so worth. There must be something way more shady about gold inflation overall.

edit : In a way having to farm for 12hours for 1 bis item that would require hours of raiding, it is kind of worth it. I guess.
    Edited: May 17, 2019

12 Last