1. Great discussion, but let's focus on what Warmane can do to bring pop back here. Also, props to Truthwow1 for using data. Can we get some devs to do the same?

2. Currently, I'm switching over to Icecrown for PvP because the only BG popping is the Call to Arms one (or WSG).

Currently in a 8 min wait for WSG which is the Call to Arms today -_-

3. Great discussion, but let's focus on what Warmane can do to bring pop back here. Also, props to Truthwow1 for using data. Can we get some devs to do the same?
    what data did Truthwow1 use to help anything here?he showed sub chart from classic to wod saying see wrath had more subs so its the best...
    what i see is wow's player sub count sky rocket from classic to the end of TBC.... ONLY!
    look at classic from 0 to almost 7.5 million in 2 years!
    look at TBC from 7.5 million to almost 12 million = player subs are almost doubling!
    then in wrath it all levels out almost no growth why? 11.5 million to 12.5 million is nothing compared to the increase in players wow got from classic and TBC.
    the really sad thing is the chat he posted is the proof that players come and go he just does not want to see it
    from what 11.5 - 12.5 million to subs to what 5 million on live wow? where all the players go?

4. Currently, I'm switching over to Icecrown for PvP because the only BG popping is the Call to Arms one (or WSG).

have fun with that! i would hate to think how toxic bgs would be in wrath...
    the more you box on icecrown the less you box on outland = win win!

5. Currently, I'm switching over to Icecrown for PvP because the only BG popping is the Call to Arms one (or WSG).

Oh yes. BGs on TBC would be so much better with a random queue...

6. Currently, I'm switching over to Icecrown for PvP because the only BG popping is the Call to Arms one (or WSG).

Although I hate waiting for BG queues more than anyone, it sure as hell beats the random queue on Icecrown where half of the BG have bought Shadowmourne and unless you're close to fully geared its just a **** fiesta

7. Although I hate waiting for BG queues more than anyone, it sure as hell beats the random queue on Icecrown where half of the BG have bought Shadowmourne and unless you're close to fully geared its just a **** fiesta
    But that issue isn't related to the BG queue system.
    It's not like you would face less SM players when there was no random queue on Wotlk.

8. I believe wotlk to be popular with a lot of people because it is very casual friendly. You dont need to make too much grinding to be able to raid all the late game content. I mean once you hit lvl 80, you can practicly enter Icecrown. For very few Instances you need to farm anything to start to get geard. I have seen 6.2k Gearscore characters (no coins bought) with as little as 1200 achievement points. It is a very high reward for low effort system. Pairng this with the strong coin shop we have there. Just yesterday night I switched to outland again and was reminded....nonono you aint going no heroics if you didnt do your rep quests/farm. So I did that. Sure its not that fun when you do all that later with lvl 70 (anyways I had a great time...i just love outlands). It would make more sense for that to go along while leveling. But not all of it. Still, that is what a lot of the wow content at that time was. Time intensive grinding. But why I love tbc so much... to be able to achieve higher end content you are very dependend on other players on the server paired with your own dedication. Sure we have wowhead now and all the information about all items and quest one needs is online, but can you remember how that was before? Still often I am just asking for some information on guild or global chat. Finding out where, how, what for all those long questchains that needed to be done just so you can enter an epic instance? That made that instance very special.

Also I find Outlands more beautiful than wotlk.imo

Random BG que IS a big big big thing. Also adjusting some of the rates would be fine for me. Just not too crazy. I for my part dont like playing a server where everything is just thrown at you. "You playd 30miutes? Congratz DING LVL 70, Here take excalted rep with everything in one week, here clear all content of hgh end raiding in 1 month". But thats just me

9. Also adjusting some of the rates would be fine for me. Just not too crazy. I for my part dont like playing a server where everything is just thrown at you. "You playd 30miutes? Congratz DING LVL 70, Here take excalted rep with everything in one week, here clear all content of hgh end raiding in 1 month". But thats just me
    Exactly! I believe that smth like x2 honor rates and x3 rep and prof rates is reasonable. Like that the grind would be shortened but the realm would still not turn into a fun realm. Ppl would just focus more on the content that requires skill, such as arena and raiding. In order to improve the gear ppl would still need to reach a certain arena rating and they would still need to know boss mechanics, etc, to progress through the raids.

Right now like 80% of the play time on Outland is consumed by that monotonous grind. It's a never ending preperation phase to get rdy for the enjoyable content, the content that requires skill, the content we play this game for.
    It just discourage players that grinding takes such a big part on a realm that pretends to be a high rate realm.
    Edited: July 29, 2019

First 12