1. Survival is a meme spec, nothing else. Does fairly decent, one of the top meme specs up there with assa rogues/arcane mages and does a bit better than arms warriors and elem shamans. The only reason you'd want to play survival is if you're bored of MM (you'll just have to come to terms with the fact you'll do less dps in exchange for a slightly different gamestyle). Don't make survival a permanent thing, you're just crippling yourself, just play it from time to time so you don't get burned out by MM.

I spent over 250 hours and 100,000 gold gemming, talent tree respecing, I have 4 full armor sets, 3 bows (haste, crit, hit), I have tried every weapon type possible with all plausible enchants
    How do you spend 100k gold when you already have 4 sets of armor? Even if you'd constantly re-gem and re-enchant the same set of armor you wouldn't even come close to that amount.

Agi > Crit > Haste > Arp
    You spent 250 hours and did 50+ raids and you rank a stat with less than 0.5 EV (roughly 0.3 when you get close to bis gear) higher than arp which, even if you're survival, still affects over 50% of your total damage.

arp cap on survival is bull**** man, how much more forthright do I need to be? How many more hours and money would you like me to sink into this before I'm supposed to be enlightened haha
    As I said above, arp cap is still affecting a good chunk of your damage. The best possible gear setup runs similar items to MM and runs somewhere around 85% arp (cloak, ring if you're alliance and depending on the fight a trinket are the only things different from a normal MM gear setup)
    ---------------------------------------

Feel free to post some numbers with your setup in an icc run and I promise I'll do a run myself so you can compare them.

2. Survival is a meme spec, nothing else. Does fairly decent, one of the top meme specs up there with assa rogues/arcane mages and does a bit better than arms warriors and elem shamans. The only reason you'd want to play survival is if you're bored of MM (you'll just have to come to terms with the fact you'll do less dps in exchange for a slightly different gamestyle). Don't make survival a permanent thing, you're just crippling yourself, just play it from time to time so you don't get burned out by MM.

How do you spend 100k gold when you already have 4 sets of armor? Even if you'd constantly re-gem and re-enchant the same set of armor you wouldn't even come close to that amount.

You spent 250 hours and did 50+ raids and you rank a stat with less than 0.5 EV (roughly 0.3 when you get close to bis gear) higher than arp which, even if you're survival, still affects over 50% of your total damage.

As I said above, arp cap is still affecting a good chunk of your damage. The best possible gear setup runs similar items to MM and runs somewhere around 85% arp (cloak, ring if you're alliance and depending on the fight a trinket are the only things different from a normal MM gear setup)
    ---------------------------------------

Feel free to post some numbers with your setup in an icc run and I promise I'll do a run myself so you can compare them.
    he prob doesnt use talent preview and kept ****ing up his talents for 5000 times in a row KEKD

3. Survival is a meme spec, nothing else. Does fairly decent, one of the top meme specs up there with assa rogues/arcane mages and does a bit better than arms warriors and elem shamans. The only reason you'd want to play survival is if you're bored of MM (you'll just have to come to terms with the fact you'll do less dps in exchange for a slightly different gamestyle). Don't make survival a permanent thing, you're just crippling yourself, just play it from time to time so you don't get burned out by MM.
    Assa/arcane meme specs? Damn boy you really sure do min/maxing alot.

4. Assa/arcane meme specs? Damn boy you really sure do min/maxing alot.
    they are meme specs, both are **** and dont provide anything to the raid like ttw/combat does. enjoy doing 0 dps on lod as arcane from the constant movement :)

5. May 1, 2021  
    Survival is fine for AoE fights like LoD and Halion, but you def won't beat a good MM hunter in a raid. I just play it, because it's more fun than MM for me.

https://youtu.be/7KM5Y_O-joE?t=5746
    https://youtu.be/EbcDQnp8-vg?t=8212

in general, you want to get as much arp and crit possible, arp loses value on aoe fights due to the fact that volley is arcane damage and explosive trap is fire damage so it's not affected by arp. Zod's repeating bow might be an option on aoe fights where you volley alot if it procs from volley (iirc it used do that)
    Edited: May 1, 2021

6. Survival is fine for AoE fights like LoD and Halion, but you def won't beat a good MM hunter in a raid. I just play it, because it's more fun than The Lost Ways for me.

in general, you want to get as much arp and crit possible, arp loses value on aoe fights due to the fact that volley is arcane damage and explosive trap is fire damage so it's not affected by arp. Zod's repeating bow might be an option on aoe fights where you volley alot if it procs from volley (iirc it used do that)
    I don't think so. Survival is suitable for any battle. Maybe I don't have that much experience, I've only been playing for a few months. But this is my opinion.
    Edited: August 11, 2021

7. Brings back memories. if i recall correctly, on ragnaros a SS hunter smoked everyone in the raid including bis ret pala and fury war. the good ol' days

8. Survival is fine for AoE fights like LoD and Halion, but you def won't beat a good MM hunter in a raid. I just play it, because it's more fun than MM for me.

Nice videos man as a long time warmane/molten player and someone whose been playing hunter for years do you use the same gear as you would for MM spec?

9. they are meme specs, both are **** and dont provide anything to the raid like ttw/combat does. enjoy doing 0 dps on lod as arcane from the constant movement :)
    If everybody was like you, I'd think this game would have died a long time ago. Thankfully there are more reasonable people who aren't set their mindset to: ''omg what isn't the top spec, isn't playable''.

First 123