1. Judging from the long queues, there are no other people around your mmr hence you get matched against people closer to start mmr. Since it is a rather fresh season, start mmr is full of bis geared chars so you could try queueing later in the season. As for your teammates, thats what you can expect from people at that mmr.

2. Whats this new "You cannot add new SoloQueue avoids when above 2000 MMR" ??? Dude we need to be able to avoid trolls even above 2000 aswell...

3. Ok....just a 2.7k DK's 2c on the "new change".

I understand that the reasoning behind it was probably something in regards to reducing queue dodging and win trading at higher ratings, but this will not help "prevent" such behavior and at the same time, it's making literally everybody's lives (except toxic players) more difficult.

Why?
    Simple. The avoid feature has 2 main uses and 1 malicious one:

1. To avoid toxic players, trolls etc which have no intention of winning the game and simply drag you down with them no matter what.
    2. To avoid getting a ridiculous comp vs a very good one.

And the only malicious use of this feature that I can think of is basically "picking" your partners at higher ratings while avoiding the duo queue penalty since there simply aren't many people at that rating.

Now...here's the problem and why this change is ridiculous:

1. There are just as many (if not more) toxic people at higher ratings than lower ones. In fact, most of the high-rated players I know were and still are toxic people who WILL absolutely troll a game just so you can lose more rating if you lose a game with them once, then they will rather disband their team and grind the rating all over again. By removing this feature, you're basically forcing everybody else to either lose rating and pray to the RNG gods that the toxic players end up on the opposing team (where they will play seriously, mind you) or just stop playing altogether....which...you guessed it....makes the bracket more inactive, which nobody wants.

2. There is literally no way to win some matchups at an equally (high-ish) skill level.
    For example, yesterday I had the following matchup about 5 times in a row:

Arcane mage/dk/disc vs TC, TSG, warr/ret/disc.

Anybody with half a working brain will realize the moment the gates open, what the outcome will be, if the teams are even remotely close in terms of skill level, which...surprise, surprise, were.

By removing the avoid feature, you are effectively forcing me to lose rating or stop playing altogether in that situation since my chances of getting the arcane mage as a teammate (even though he definitely wasn't a bad player) and losing simply due to an unwinnable matchup are quite high.

Now, as I said, the argument that at high rating people can effectively choose their teammates is honestly a MUCH, MUCH lesser evil, since the teams they face will engage in the same behavior as well.

The ONLY thing which this "feature" promotes is....inactivity and more toxic behavior coming from frustrated high-rated players towards other frustrated high-rated players.

4. Ok....just a 2.7k DK's 2c on the "new change".

I understand that the reasoning behind it was probably something in regards to reducing queue dodging and win trading at higher ratings, but this will not help "prevent" such behavior and at the same time, it's making literally everybody's lives (except toxic players) more difficult.

Why?
    Simple. The avoid feature has 2 main uses and 1 malicious one:

1. To avoid toxic players, trolls etc which have no intention of winning the game and simply drag you down with them no matter what.
    2. To avoid getting a ridiculous comp vs a very good one.

And the only malicious use of this feature that I can think of is basically "picking" your partners at higher ratings while avoiding the duo queue penalty since there simply aren't many people at that rating.

Now...here's the problem and why this change is ridiculous:

1. There are just as many (if not more) toxic people at higher ratings than lower ones. In fact, most of the high-rated players I know were and still are toxic people who WILL absolutely troll a game just so you can lose more rating if you lose a game with them once, then they will rather disband their team and grind the rating all over again. By removing this feature, you're basically forcing everybody else to either lose rating and pray to the RNG gods that the toxic players end up on the opposing team (where they will play seriously, mind you) or just stop playing altogether....which...you guessed it....makes the bracket more inactive, which nobody wants.

2. There is literally no way to win some matchups at an equally (high-ish) skill level.
    For example, yesterday I had the following matchup about 5 times in a row:

Arcane mage/dk/disc vs TC, TSG, warr/ret/disc.

Anybody with half a working brain will realize the moment the gates open, what the outcome will be, if the teams are even remotely close in terms of skill level, which...surprise, surprise, were.

By removing the avoid feature, you are effectively forcing me to lose rating or stop playing altogether in that situation since my chances of getting the arcane mage as a teammate (even though he definitely wasn't a bad player) and losing simply due to an unwinnable matchup are quite high.

Now, as I said, the argument that at high rating people can effectively choose their teammates is honestly a MUCH, MUCH lesser evil, since the teams they face will engage in the same behavior as well.

The ONLY thing which this "feature" promotes is....inactivity and more toxic behavior coming from frustrated high-rated players towards other frustrated high-rated players.
    the only thing this change brought was more ppl quiting the game

5. i really hope this becomes a thing, i think it will make the 3v3 and 5v5 bracket more popular on icecrown. i never really see 3v3 ques pop and just stick to 2v2's. Hopefully this does become a permanant thing in the future.

6. Dumb question: how i solo queue, i only have the skirmish option available, need to create a team even if i have no one i assume

7. Dumb question: how i solo queue, i only have the skirmish option available, need to create a team even if i have no one i assume
    there is an Npc: "Solo Queue Npc".
    You can find him next to the joiner for standard 2vs2, 3vs3, 5vs5 Rated (but NOT in Dalaran)

Btw Soloq games are Rated as well; so be sure to have enough gear/resilience

8. there is an Npc: "Solo Queue Npc".
    You can find him next to the joiner for standard 2vs2, 3vs3, 5vs5 Rated (but NOT in Dalaran)

Btw Soloq games are Rated as well; so be sure to have enough gear/resilience
    Guess i have, what i dont have is a lolmourne like everyone else lol
    and people, wish there was a 2v2 one, the 3vs3 bracket is a wasteland

9. I have 5773 GS and 1097 resilience. Im in OG next to the standard 2v2,3v3,5v5 NPC named Zeggon Botshnap and I dont see the Soloq NPC you guys are talking about. I checked my account settings and I have not put a tick mark on "disable soloque option". What am I missing? Please help!

10. I have 5773 GS and 1097 resilience. Im in OG next to the standard 2v2,3v3,5v5 NPC named Zeggon Botshnap and I dont see the Soloq NPC you guys are talking about. I checked my account settings and I have not put a tick mark on "disable soloque option". What am I missing? Please help!
    You are at Warrior trainer building. Soloq npc is not there
    there is an other building where it is possible to queue for Arena (close to Dummy area)

11. Thank you soo much ! I was about to quit this server dude to the lack of arena action on Icecrown but this brings new joy in a druids heart. I'm grateful.
    By the way is there a channel I'm not aware of or another way I haven't tought of besides spamming in Global/LFG to find arena teammates because those two mentioned ain't working for me so far?

12. Thank you soo much ! I was about to quit this server dude to the lack of arena action on Icecrown but this brings new joy in a druids heart. I'm grateful.
    By the way is there a channel I'm not aware of or another way I haven't tought of besides spamming in Global/LFG to find arena teammates because those two mentioned ain't working for me so far?
    you may start looking for a PvP guild, it should be easier to find an arena partner there.
    That said, I guess being horde (and on Icecrown realm) is the best place if you care so much about arena.

I would recommend you to try blackrock realm as well (instant lvl 80 with free relenetlss and ToC 25 gear). It should be eaiser to find an arena partner there

13. Thank you for this, Warmane. Solo Queue is a neat concept, I'm surprised Blizzard didn't add it years ago.
    I haven't tried it yet...

BUT, I lost my name Bief on Icecrown, someone took it. So what happens if I enter arena as Originalbief vs Bief? Massive meat implosion?
    Fortunately, I secured my name Bief on Lordaeron, then promptly forgot my Yahoo mail security questions. Sadly, poor Bief will be level 1 indefinitely.

I play Lordaeron from about 11am to around 2 or 3 am every day. I have no life. Eventually I will recover the 15+ years of playtime I had on poor Bief before he got deleted.

First ... 8161718