1. Gold squish is fair, it reduces all gold by 50%, from the rich and the poor alike. vendors prices don't dictate economy. inflation does. without squish u would see
    BH for 150k on AH

2. Gold squish is fair, it reduces all gold by 50%, from the rich and the poor alike. vendors prices don't dictate economy. inflation does. without squish u would see
    BH for 150k on AH
    It's fair, when you are rich. You just stack up on Portable Holes or Primos, to work around the 50% and reduce it to about 10-25%. Even lower, if you don't quicksell and wait out the "buyers time" after squish.

3. It's fair, when you are rich. You just stack up on Portable Holes or Primos, to work around the 50% and reduce it to about 10-25%. Even lower, if you don't quicksell and wait out the "buyers time" after squish.
    It's fair when you're smart, you mean. The only way that backfires is if people raise prices on pretty much all mats, consumables, etc. to absurd prices in order to bring the economy to a standstill in anticipation of a squish.

I doubt that happens. It's like the stock market. Has to be a loser to offset a winner. RL economy is zero-sum. Stands to reason that this would be too.

This is why Thomas Tusser said what he did about a fool and his money.

4. Gold squish is not fair because the prices on AH go down but all other prices from vendors, flying, trainers still stay the same. And let's not forget if u make a new alt with dual talents, cold weather flying + fast flying, that will cost you about 7-8k. I had around 20k and when I returned to warmane after 2 years I had 5k. I bought one gear item from AH and I was broke. Gold squishing is not blizzlike nor is it helpful to anything. On retail having 100-200k gold is normal.
    In a way it is absolutely blizz-like. imagine if you quit on a blizzard server for 2 years. your gold would have lost the same value and you'd have bought an equally powerful boe for 20k and be broke anyways. on retail having 100-200k gold is normal, but spending 1million gold for a mount is more common there as spending 100k for one here. gold simply has less value because it was never squished. Blizzard try to keep the economy stable by consistently increasing prices of new stuff, repairs etc. from expansion to expansion. If you constantly stay on the same patch, goldsquish is the closest thing you can do to emulate that.

5. This topic has been argued over way too many times. This is still the previous squish notice from 9 months ago lol. Anyways, if you're interested in reducing your losses start buying right now. Around these months it is the best to invest, considering the squish. Brewfest is over but the Tankards were an amazing investment, you could get them for 200-300g and 6 months from now they usually go for 1k+, you just need 2 guild bank tabs full of them.

Back to the squish: Ideas about implementing "gold-sinks" have been around for a while. Basically the idea of making scrolls or other rare items purchasable for ridiculous amounts of gold ( just like retail mounts and stuff ) would make some money disappear, but certainly would not solve the problem of gold farmers and inflation etc... There are people out there who move heavy loads every day in all of the major in-game markets, and they either do it for one of these 2 reasons:

-They have plans on selling it for coins and getting SM or whatever they want.
    -They just enjoy playing Wall Street stock traders and use 10 accounts at the same time with 5 screens analyzing AH data using a plethora of addons and spamming alt + tab + click with mboxing softwares, you name it.

I have nothing against them, I'd probably do the same if I had nothing else to do in the game anymore or have questionably too much free time on my hands.
    Nevertheless, the squish will come every year and one can only do their best to reduce their losses or just simply don't give a single ***

xx

6. This topic has been argued over way too many times. This is still the previous squish notice from 9 months ago lol. Anyways, if you're interested in reducing your losses start buying right now. Around these months it is the best to invest, considering the squish. Brewfest is over but the Tankards were an amazing investment, you could get them for 200-300g and 6 months from now they usually go for 1k+, you just need 2 guild bank tabs full of them.

Back to the squish: Ideas about implementing "gold-sinks" have been around for a while. Basically the idea of making scrolls or other rare items purchasable for ridiculous amounts of gold ( just like retail mounts and stuff ) would make some money disappear, but certainly would not solve the problem of gold farmers and inflation etc... There are people out there who move heavy loads every day in all of the major in-game markets, and they either do it for one of these 2 reasons:

-They have plans on selling it for coins and getting SM or whatever they want.
    -They just enjoy playing Wall Street stock traders and use 10 accounts at the same time with 5 screens analyzing AH data using a plethora of addons and spamming alt + tab + click with mboxing softwares, you name it.

I have nothing against them, I'd probably do the same if I had nothing else to do in the game anymore or have questionably too much free time on my hands.
    Nevertheless, the squish will come every year and one can only do their best to reduce their losses or just simply don't give a single ***

xx
    why do tankards cost so much anyway? like whats the point? All this seems like a scam, i think the best way to make gold is just like in real life, make people believe that something has value regardless of its use, you can get items from point shop on warmane better than tankard
    or just ingame you know,
    i have a hard time to understand it lol why people would spend thousands of gold on that mace

also why invest? and why not sell all the gold now, before squish?
    impossible to invest in mechano-hogs to many bots and people that dont sleep staying near the npc and buying the pipe lol

7. People who buy them decide the price. You can post them for 1000g all year, if players decide it's not worth it - you wont sell any. It is great weapon to start out your alt, to get into RDF HC, etc. One moment of the year market is overflooded, prices are beaten down into low hundreds, because every desperate dude want to sell them RIGHT FRIEAKING NOW, so people buy them cheap, stash them for a few months and quadruple their gold. No scams there, just how it works. I bought some 200 Mugs too, going to cash in right before squish for something crazy like 800% - 1000% profit lmao.

Why would I sell gold now for coins for low value if I can use that gold now, triple it by the time squish hits and then sell it when gold value is good? Here is the answer, people who do this are not desperate to scrape some coins, they don't need to sell gold.

8. People who buy them decide the price. You can post them for 1000g all year, if players decide it's not worth it - you wont sell any. It is great weapon to start out your alt, to get into RDF HC, etc. One moment of the year market is overflooded, prices are beaten down into low hundreds, because every desperate dude want to sell them RIGHT FRIEAKING NOW, so people buy them cheap, stash them for a few months and quadruple their gold. No scams there, just how it works. I bought some 200 Mugs too, going to cash in right before squish for something crazy like 800% - 1000% profit lmao.

Why would I sell gold now for coins for low value if I can use that gold now, triple it by the time squish hits and then sell it when gold value is good? Here is the answer, people who do this are not desperate to scrape some coins, they don't need to sell gold.
    um you know its hard to invest hundred of thousands in mats lool
    like what to buy..
    i was thinking to just sell 200k for coins but now i am skeptical, should i invest them so i am left out with 0 or 1k whatever and i get valuable mats for them? Those mats i use later to resell?

p.s gold is cheap af idk why would people sell 150k gold for 40-50 coins wtf

9. First of all, yes. There are people who love scamming newbies / dumb AH flippers by driving up the price of some completely worthless items. They do it in like 10 different accounts and keep undercutting themselves to make the market look real. Once they've been doing it for some weeks or even months, the wannabe AH flippers will notice it in their scan data and that's all they need. Once the illusion of a worthless junk being rare or expensive ( like 50x the actual value ) is set, the only thing left to do is putting up some of that junk for like 20-30x value from yet another different account. Our dedicated "AH players" will buy them out and put them up for the fake value but that doesn't matter since the profit on the scammer's side is made. Of course this is best executed with multiple items at the same time.
    Note: Pro AH players can't be scammed with this and I assume this activity is not allowed by any means here.

Back to some other issues: Tankards, and basically any other seasonal or event item ( like darkmoon cards, which are easily one of the best ways to make gold in the long run if you do it with heavy gold investment ) are obviously best sold and sought after when the event is long gone. So selling Tankards in the summer might be a good idea since no one could ever get another "new" Tankard once the event was over, so the prices will go up as they run low. Of course you don't want to overflood the market with all your 100+ Tankards at once, sell them with patience on multiple accounts. People will sell them right after they loot them during Brewfest cuz they need quick gold, and once there are 10+ AH tabs full of Tankards, they will undercut each other until the price goes down to 200-ish. Hence the high 1k+ prices when there are less, if any, Tankards.

Lastly:
    If I were you I would definitely NOT sell my gold for coins now, as you are probably aware of the current market situation. One thing to note here is that you can't avoid the squish no matter how hard you try, investing is a way to minimze your losses by keeping your money in mats that will have the same value this time next year. The only way to avoid it is to buy vendor items like the mammoth or the dalaran ring or whatever, cuz the vendor prices won't shrink.

10. First of all, yes. There are people who love scamming newbies / dumb AH flippers by driving up the price of some completely worthless items. They do it in like 10 different accounts and keep undercutting themselves to make the market look real. Once they've been doing it for some weeks or even months, the wannabe AH flippers will notice it in their scan data and that's all they need. Once the illusion of a worthless junk being rare or expensive ( like 50x the actual value ) is set, the only thing left to do is putting up some of that junk for like 20-30x value from yet another different account. Our dedicated "AH players" will buy them out and put them up for the fake value but that doesn't matter since the profit on the scammer's side is made. Of course this is best executed with multiple items at the same time.
    Note: Pro AH players can't be scammed with this and I assume this activity is not allowed by any means here.

Back to some other issues: Tankards, and basically any other seasonal or event item ( like darkmoon cards, which are easily one of the best ways to make gold in the long run if you do it with heavy gold investment ) are obviously best sold and sought after when the event is long gone. So selling Tankards in the summer might be a good idea since no one could ever get another "new" Tankard once the event was over, so the prices will go up as they run low. Of course you don't want to overflood the market with all your 100+ Tankards at once, sell them with patience on multiple accounts. People will sell them right after they loot them during Brewfest cuz they need quick gold, and once there are 10+ AH tabs full of Tankards, they will undercut each other until the price goes down to 200-ish. Hence the high 1k+ prices when there are less, if any, Tankards.

Lastly:
    If I were you I would definitely NOT sell my gold for coins now, as you are probably aware of the current market situation. One thing to note here is that you can't avoid the squish no matter how hard you try, investing is a way to minimze your losses by keeping your money in mats that will have the same value this time next year. The only way to avoid it is to buy vendor items like the mammoth or the dalaran ring or whatever, cuz the vendor prices won't shrink.
    ok, you said vendor price won't shrink, so if i buy today mammoth on multiple chars to get rid of gold, and tomorrow i resell it back to vendor (you can resell it back i think first 2 hours) will i get the original price of it back?
    if not, then its not worth, coz i dont want mammoth on chars i dont play or i plan deleteting them or selling them

the thing is, if i sell the gold, i get the coins, coins will never shrink :D
    shall i buy primos? gems? raw materials and stack them up?
    no matter what some "smart guy" tells me, my logic is this 300k gold, when squish happens, i have 150k, its not the same, with inflation or w/e
    still not the same,
    but if i get rid of them say : i sell 299k, i am left with 1k, that 1k will become 500 when squish comes, but the 299k will be either sold for coins, or invested in something,

P.S dont suggest chopa-bike, its impossible to farm that, to many bots and people that don't sleelp are spamming macro near the vndor to buy the parts.

11. ok, you said vendor price won't shrink, so if i buy today mammoth on multiple chars to get rid of gold, and tomorrow i resell it back to vendor (you can resell it back i think first 2 hours) will i get the original price of it back?
    if not, then its not worth, coz i dont want mammoth on chars i dont play or i plan deleteting them or selling them

no matter what some "smart guy" tells me, my logic is this 300k gold, when squish happens, i have 150k, its not the same, with inflation or w/e
    still not the same,
    but if i get rid of them say : i sell 299k, i am left with 1k, that 1k will become 500 when squish comes, but the 299k will be either sold for coins, or invested in something,

P.S dont suggest chopa-bike, its impossible to farm that, to many bots and people that don't sleelp are spamming macro near the vndor to buy the parts.
    If you try to sell tomorrow something you bought with a 2 hour refund window, you're stuck. I'd close that plan down now.

12. If you try to sell tomorrow something you bought with a 2 hour refund window, you're stuck. I'd close that plan down now.
    thanks for speaking so vague, that i can't understand,

is this some wisdom quote of yours that i must understand or what?

13. You cant refund items bought for gold, so if you buy mammoth you are stuck with it. There is no way to avoid squish directly. All you can do is play the market.

14. ok, you said vendor price won't shrink, so if i buy today mammoth on multiple chars to get rid of gold, and tomorrow i resell it back to vendor (you can resell it back i think first 2 hours) will i get the original price of it back?

still not the same,

First of all I did not suggest investing in mechano-hogs, this sounds like one of the worst ideas ever, not because of the RNG spawn timer and bots but because of the low demand. You generally want to sell things that are sought after and have high demand not only by the AH players but also the casual players who only play for fun. Some of the best and quickest spinning markets are buff-foods, potions, flasks and of course aything JC or crafting related. These are the items that are needed to all raids, dungeons, pvp and professions. You can go ahead and craft 100 end-game patterns or choppers or anything like that but you'll be lucky if you can find some very few people who are in the need of that certain item right now.

Of course you can make huge profit with every market if you play it smart but what you're doing is basically playing together with other AH players, flippers etc... If you put up a Cardinal Ruby for 5% less than the current cheapest one on the market, chances are it will get bought in 10 sec and 99,9% of the time its not bought by some fellow JC who needs to make himself some gems. It's bought by some dude sitting and scanning the AH 24/7 and whenever he sees a profit margin bigger than 0,5% he goes in for it.

Oh yeah and you also said it's impossible to farm the bike. Yes it is, and of course when it comes to investing you never want to hear the words "farm" or "grind". Then you're not investing, rahter farming. Anything that is hugely RNG and luck based is to be avoided as well, except some things like the darkmoon cards or milling and prospecting in general. When you invest 100k+ in Icethorns, mill them and make hunderds of darkmoon cards the RNG becomes a beautiful pattern that in huge quantities is highly profitable. Now that's an investment.

15. You cant refund items bought for gold, so if you buy mammoth you are stuck with it. There is no way to avoid squish directly. All you can do is play the market.
    i thought its possible just like all items, for 2 hours play time can be refunded for full cost

First ... 51314151617 ... Last