1. About idling in Dalaran - Icecrown

Temporary notice

The realm is basically being DDoS'd by the amount of players that are playing. In order to maintain a playable state of the game, the realm disconnects players that remain AFK in certain locations for long times and it also disconnects people that are doing nothing or barely anything in popular locations.

For example, if you are spending too much time in Dalaran simply idling, or just going around doing minor quests in Dalaran for more than an hour or two, it'll disconnect you to make room for players that actually want to play. It does not discriminate between contributors and other players. These measures are mostly targeted at players who are idling in Dalaran, so most locations do not have the same measures lined up.

We are making countlesss measures to combat this and to continue making the realm a playable place. You have probably noticed it, but the average server latency has increased, this is a direct result of increased numbers of players. One of the measures, we are already doing is making two Dalarans that work with each other seamlessly so players will not notice it, but in fact we will be running two Dalarans, one instanced and one in the real world. Other measures are temporarily lowering visibility distance but even so the average player has hundreds of players in their immediate view distance.

To make the realm more playable, you can do a simple thing yourselves, avoid popular places and spread around more, enjoy what the game has to offer instead of idling in one place. This will directly impact the playability of the realm. After all, these are unusual times, both in real life and in-game, but we will adapt, as we have always adapted. We are monitoring the situation on all realms around the clock 24/7 and more measures to ensure stability can be expected.

2. I would say that a great way to get people to use these other hub areas (like Shattrath) would be to introduce the venders for end-game professions and gearing there. Maybe incorporate the same instancing you are doing for Dalaran but for Shattrath and have the instanced version available only to level 80s.

That's my gripe about using those older hubs, as they simply do not provide what I need. Dalaran does, and so thousands upon thousands of people are there instead.

3. Have you even concidered that most of the people that are idoling are waiting on raids or RDF. Some times it takes more that an hour to get into a RDF group. Myself have been in ques for 1 1/2 hours and got discunnected and had to come back in to start the process all over again

4. Yea nicethats realy good news everybody

5. The realm is basically being DDoS'd by the amount of players that are playing. In order to maintain a playable state of the game, the realm disconnects players that remain AFK in certain locations for long times and it also disconnects people that are doing nothing or barely anything in popular locations.

For example, if you are spending too much time in Dalaran simply idling, or just going around doing minor quests in Dalaran for more than an hour or two, it'll disconnect you to make room for players that actually want to play. It does not discriminate between contributors and other players. These measures are mostly targeted at players who are idling in Dalaran, so most locations do not have the same measures lined up.

We are making countlesss measures to combat this and to continue making the realm a playable place. You have probably noticed it, but the average server latency has increased, this is a direct result of increased numbers of players. One of the measures, we are already doing is making two Dalarans that work with each other seamlessly so players will not notice it, but in fact we will be running two Dalarans, one instanced and one in the real world. Other measures are temporarily lowering visibility distance but even so the average player has hundreds of players in their immediate view distance.

To make the realm more playable, you can do a simple thing yourselves, avoid popular places and spread around more, enjoy what the game has to offer instead of idling in one place. This will directly impact the playability of the realm. After all, these are unusual times, both in real life and in-game, but we will adapt, as we have always adapted. We are monitoring the situation on all realms around the clock 24/7 and more measures to ensure stability can be expected.
    There definitely needs to be an algorithm change I hearthstone to Dalaran, walked the whole time towards the flight master and was dced as soon as I started to cast my mount. As stated by others as well the changes to how Global and silencing works has forced a lot of people to spam in dalaran /yell etc and theyre getting disconnected while making ICC/RS/TOC runs. Its not entirely in Warmane staff control what players do but there needs to be some solution to this and would mean less players can be "Idle" in Dalaran

6. The realm is basically being DDoS'd by the amount of players that are playing. In order to maintain a playable state of the game, the realm disconnects players that remain AFK in certain locations for long times and it also disconnects people that are doing nothing or barely anything in popular locations.

- if this layering-sort magic works, could you guys try and implement it for Stranglethorn Vale and Tanaris? Putting the players level 50-ish and above for STV, and 60-ish and above for Tanaris on their own STV and on their own Tanaris, so the endless low level gank can stop existing in the exagerated ammount as they happen on this 2 maps
    - This would also be a solution to preserve the world pvp between both high level vs. high level , and between low level vs. low level , And then the server as a whole can end up more friendly to newcommers leveling up their first character

7. Please consider taking the same measures against general AFK-ing, not just Dalaran. I've seen the same corpse of the same player at the same spot for 2-3 days in a row, such players should be auto-disconnected after a particular amount of grace period (I believe it was 30 mins on retail?)

8. I've seen ppl with macros in Stormwind sitting in a chair and repeating some text all day every xxxxx seconds. I reported it but GM never come

9. I've noticed that nowadays PuGs are formed on trade/yell in Dala instead of /global... the spam there is insane, I bet it doesn't help with the situation, I mean people are not gonna "disperse" if they have to sit in Dala to be able find groups.
    Meanwhile global is flooded with guild recruitment spam and WTS/WTB messages, it's literally unusable without a filter ;x

10. Have you even concidered that most of the people that are idoling are waiting on raids or RDF. Some times it takes more that an hour to get into a RDF group. Myself have been in ques for 1 1/2 hours and got discunnected and had to come back in to start the process all over again
    You can idle, just not in Dalaran. Or anywhere else full of people around you. If you must be in Dalaran, have you considered idling in the middle of Dalaran crater in Hillsbrad Foothills? Or maybe you could relax in Yojamba Isle in Stranglethorn Valley.

11. How is that 12k online every evening is ok, but 12k online during this corona is such an impact that you need another Dalaran?

12. Premium status goes past 12k, the issue being everyone at home with spare cash donating to get past the que making the actual realm 13k plus

13. Even if you are using a macro to remain online?

123 ... Last