1. Ah, thanks, Thor.
    Maybe that's it, maybe the low gear bracket is lowered, and not bugged. Anybody know the new GS threshold?
    Anyhow, facing 6k as 4k is a bit less fun than I anticipated ;)
    Yeah, even 500gs difference is huge, 6k vs 4k is like Connor Mcgregor vs 80 years old grandpa

2. NO; WRONG:).

The prerequisite has been mentioned in the forums, i found it just forgot to link it... You must have gear only available at current frostmourne patch. That means only rdf heroic, naxx, os, eoe and savage,hateful, deadly gladiator. If you have any gear on you or bank from fos,pos, crafted from later expansions etc, you are forever on the higher gs bracket.

Edit: Im about 4k right now and still on the frostmourne bracket(im on frostmourne ofc) So its not about gs but what kind of gear you are wearing.
    Edited: April 27, 2020 Reason: Addition to explanation

3. Yeah, even 500gs difference is huge, 6k vs 4k is like Connor Mcgregor vs 80 years old grandpa
    hahahahaa!!!

4. NO; WRONG:).

The prerequisite has been mentioned in the forums, i found it just forgot to link it... You must have gear only available at current frostmourne patch. That means only rdf heroic, naxx, os, eoe and savage,hateful, deadly gladiator. If you have any gear on you or bank from fos,pos, crafted from later expansions etc, you are forever on the higher gs bracket.

Edit: Im about 4k right now and still on the frostmourne bracket(im on frostmourne ofc) So its not about gs but what kind of gear you are wearing.
    Excellent observations. Thank you, Greed. That explains a lot.

I was well under 4k and was placed in the high bracket, obliterated against 5 and 6k GS players. I thought it was a glitch with the mercenary mode, so I disabled it, to no avail. But I was wrong. I think your explanation is right.

Right now, most Icecrown players will be placed in the high bracket, as most of us start gearing with F/PoS normal, even as a fresh 80.

Perhaps it's best to avoid PvP altogether, for a few weeks or a month, till I get close to 5k, even if it is PvE gear. Or get PvP gear through emblems, doing heroics, instead of PvP, which sounds absurd, but it's probably more fun, right now. But this is exactly the kind of problem brackets should avoid. Oh, well.
    Edited: April 27, 2020

5. Ye its kind of problematic right now, but twinking was most problematic imo.. Anyway what you could do to really enjoy the lower bracket is get all your gear from vote points. Going full deadly gladiator would make you have a smooth run on the low bracket right now:). It wouldnt help much because the 75k honor cap will be hindering you in gathering your next tier but well... it would be fun:P

6. Ye its kind of problematic right now, but twinking was most problematic imo.. Anyway what you could do to really enjoy the lower bracket is get all your gear from vote points. Going full deadly gladiator would make you have a smooth run on the low bracket right now:). It wouldnt help much because the 75k honor cap will be hindering you in gathering your next tier but well... it would be fun:P

Thanks for the tip. I might get back into random BGs, but not really having that much fun under the current circumstances. Taking some time to level up a protection warrior at the moment, so keeping it strictly PvE for now :).

First 12