1. Question about BG matchmaking

Hello, there.

My GF and I play in Icecrown, a WotLK server, hit 80 a few days ago, and wanted to try some random battlegrounds as restoration druids. I've been working on my gear and I'm already at 4k GS, but she's a bit lower.

The thing is, we were placed in a battleground with a few players over 6k GS, some of them even with Shadowmourne, who totally kicked our noobish asses.

I had heard that there was some sort of gear matchmaking system in Warmane. Specifically, a guildie told as that there is a GS threshold, around 4k6, which splits battlegrounds into a lower and a higher bracket. So we were expecting to be placed in a lower bracket facing similarly geared players.

However, in every battleground, despite us being around 3k and 4k GS, we were facing much better geared players, around 5k and 6k GS.

We both had mercenary mode active. I thought that perhaps the matchmaking system wouldn't work because of it. I deactivated it, but it didn't seem to fix anything.

So are there or are there not different gear brackets in random battlegrounds? How come we were placed against players with a much higher GS?

Anyhow, is there any information about the matchmaking system in WotLK servers? What's the actual GS threshold? Does it work with mercenary mode on? Is the system working for you at all? It'd be much more fun to play against similarly geared players.

Many thanks!
    Edited: April 25, 2020

2. There are two brackets:
    LOW - all below 4.3k gs
    HIGH - all above 4.3k gs
    it count everything in ur bags and bank, at least it was this way few months ago when I was leveling alt ;)
    Maybe high gs bored players wiped all newcomers and there too low number of low gearscore players atm, so u will be matched with HIGH bracket.

Had a lot of fun killing 10vs1 as 4.3k gs death knight, felt OP, maybe they fixed it somehow, so abusers won't depress new players and make them quit.

3. There are two brackets:
    LOW - all below 4.3k gs
    HIGH - all above 4.3k gs
    it count everything in ur bags and bank, at least it was this way few months ago when I was leveling alt ;)
    Maybe high gs bored players wiped all newcomers and there too low number of low gearscore players atm, so u will be matched with HIGH bracket.

Had a lot of fun killing 10vs1 as 4.3k gs death knight, felt OP, maybe they fixed it somehow, so abusers won't depress new players and make them quit.

Thanks so much for the info. It's great that the system checks bags and bank, or it'd be easily fooled.

Maybe it was like this before, but at 4200 GS, as of last night, I was placed with 5k and 6k Allies I could inspect, against Horde enemies with far better gear I could verify at the armory, at least one of them with Shadowmourne, who would pretty much destroy my resto druid into oblivion before you can say 'easy bake oven'.

Perhaps it's what you're saying, that the were not enough players in my gear queuing, but with 12k usually online, it'd be kind of odd.

Thanks for your answer, though. I might try some random BGs today, and see if the problem persists. I deactivated mercenary, too, just in case.

4. Strand of the Ancients, right now, 9pm CET.
    Me, 4246 (got an upgrade in VoA25 just now).
    First guy I inspect at random, 5623 GS. Another guy, 6286 GS.
    Yeah, not sure what's going on lol.

5. Yep, they changed something, got 4k gs and matching with shadowmournes. Maybe there are no brackets atm ;D

6. Yep, they changed something, got 4k gs and matching with shadowmournes. Maybe there are no brackets atm ;D
    Yeah. Oh, well :( Battlegrounds are gonna be more painful than usual for a while.
    Thanks for your confirmation, Fiut. I thought it was just us.
    Edited: April 26, 2020

7. If there are not a lot of people on the lower bracket it may place you on the high bracket. And There may be a bug that you are now tagged as a higher bracket player, cant confirm, but I was tagged for the higher bracket when i went over 4k gs, while seeing people with 4.5k gs twinking on low bracket when i started bging.

So i dont know the exact requirement but it doesnt seem to be plain gs. Also your premade is always going to get placed up not down so your gf can try queueing alone and see what happens, or even you, maybe premading places you higher..

8. If there are not a lot of people on the lower bracket it may place you on the high bracket. And There may be a bug that you are now tagged as a higher bracket player, cant confirm, but I was tagged for the higher bracket when i went over 4k gs, while seeing people with 4.5k gs twinking on low bracket when i started bging.

So i dont know the exact requirement but it doesnt seem to be plain gs. Also your premade is always going to get placed up not down so your gf can try queueing alone and see what happens, or even you, maybe premading places you higher..
    Interesting. Thanks for the info, Greedman. It is ackward, yes.

To me, the misplacement happened when queueing alone, not just with my GF. I doubt it was a lack of low-geared people, as it's happened at peak times as well. Perhaps it's simply a bug or some sort of flaw. But it's nice to know that there is something in the way of matchmaking, and I hope they'll prefect/fix it soon.

Anyhow, getting some VoA gear at the moment, so by the time it's fixed, I'll probably be in the high bracket anyway, although at the low and painful end of it ;).

Still, looking forward to a fix for other characters and so that my GF can enjoy a bit of fair PvP as well. She's getting good at it.
    Edited: April 26, 2020

9. Hello there.
    There was a bracketing before, like 0-4300 // 4300-6800 kind of.
    Now with the new realm, Frostmourne, Warmane thought that was a GREAT idea to protect them from all the other realms by making a unique bracket for them BUT erasing the other ones.

You're now forever, because they don't seem to read the forum and feedback, in the high gs bracket. Oh, let me correct myself here, there isn't brackets anymore.

I don't know why they just removed the low gs brackets. They just had to revent Frostmourne to merge with other realms (which is DAMN funny because there's an option for this in the account settings LMAO). They just want you to play pve, like every other servers.

10. Hello there.
    Now with the new realm, Frostmourne, Warmane thought that was a GREAT idea to protect them from all the other realms by making a unique bracket for them BUT erasing the other ones.

You're now forever, because they don't seem to read the forum and feedback, in the high gs bracket. Oh, let me correct myself here, there isn't brackets anymore.

I don't know why they just removed the low gs brackets. They just had to revent Frostmourne to merge with other realms (which is DAMN funny because there's an option for this in the account settings LMAO). They just want you to play pve, like every other servers.
    I think its good, there too many twinkers on lower bracket, its OP as 4.3k gs vs mass 2-3k gs people, I could easly kill 5 or 10 players with my dk alone. It was stupid OP. Better if low gs people just go dungeons a bit longer to get PVP set.

11. Hello there.

Wrong on all points. Spewing **** with no facts behind it.
    Read the last devlog: https://www.warmane.com/devlog

"Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket. This includes gear in bags, bank, and so on. These limitations will be changed as Frostmourne progresses through the expansion."

Low gear bracket was lowered so that Frostmourne can participate in the BGs at its current progression stage.

12. Hello there.

Please stop giving out misinformation regarding GS brackets. What you said is not true at all.

13. Wrong on all points. Spewing **** with no facts behind it.
    Read the last devlog: https://www.warmane.com/devlog

"Any player which has progressed past the current Frostmourne status, will NOT be placed in this bracket. This includes gear in bags, bank, and so on. These limitations will be changed as Frostmourne progresses through the expansion."

Low gear bracket was lowered so that Frostmourne can participate in the BGs at its current progression stage.
    Ah, thanks, Thor.
    Maybe that's it, maybe the low gear bracket is lowered, and not bugged. Anybody know the new GS threshold?
    Anyhow, facing 6k as 4k is a bit less fun than I anticipated ;)

14. Ah, thanks, Thor.
    Maybe that's it, maybe the low gear bracket is lowered, and not bugged. Anybody know the new GS threshold?
    Anyhow, facing 6k as 4k is a bit less fun than I anticipated ;)
    The threshold is roughly 3k gs or so, judging by the people complaining from the threads on the forums.

15. The threshold is roughly 3k gs or so, judging by the people complaining from the threads on the forums.
    lol, ok, thx

12 Last