1. May 18, 2020  

Someone called me ninja in OS25 - was he right?

Yesterday I was leading Obsidian Sanctum 25 raid. While searching for people, and before the raid started I have clearly stated rules which was: "Nothing reserved, and MS>OS rolling".

During loot rolls, healer priest won Gauntlets of the Lost Conqueror, but he already had same gloves for his spec, so I awarded them to second person with highest roll, after that priest called me a ninja and said he was rolling for shadow, and I'm getting banned for that.

PS. Is there any addon for WoTLK to help me track player current item while distributing loot?
    Edited: May 18, 2020

2. May 18, 2020  
    Loot rules must be stated in chat spams + start of raid. If they don't have a screenshot of your chat spam (which would hurt their case) + you acknowledging them rolling MS shadow, you should be fine.

As far as an addon for comparing other people's gear to dropped gear, I don't know of one.

3. May 18, 2020  
    Yes, you should have made it clearer that ms changes are not k - he told you he will roll a different spec and you invited him under his condition. Much like, if i tell you i play boomy/tree and switch before pull to avoid waiting for a fill...

4. May 18, 2020  
    You are good, unless you and everyone in raid were informed and agreed before save that he will roll other spec as MS. Someone just declaring that he will roll OS as MS just not going to fly - actually letting someone roll his OS after boss dies if not agreed beforehand will get you banned.

5. May 19, 2020  
    Yes, you should have made it clearer that ms changes are not k - he told you he will roll a different spec and you invited him under his condition. Much like, if i tell you i play boomy/tree and switch before pull to avoid waiting for a fill...
    How do you know he was invited under these terms? the post only states that the guy called him a ninja and said he was rolling for shadow .. this could be said during rolls/after rolls/after all items are rolled and the guys chilling in dalaran he never stated he was informed of this pre pull or even pre invite, so please clarifiy? also you shouldn't have to "clarify" that MS changes arent okay, the person should be pming the group leader to ask them that and the group leader has to agree you dont need to make a statement about it your spec is your MS you inform the leader yourself if you want to roll otherwise and then the leader will or wont agree you go forward depending on the outcome of that otherwise in 25man you'd have to micro manage upto 24/25 people all saying "hi im here as holy but i want roll shadow" "hi im ret but i ms roll holy" "hi im unholy dps but i want to roll tank gear" "hi im fury but i want to roll prot" and so on.. and thats just not realistic , people are expected to gear the spec they are in on for pugs ..exceptions can be made for 1 maybe 2 players but any more and its just a cluster f

6. May 19, 2020  
    You can't get banned in this scenario for something you didn't agree to. If you did agree to it, then it's an issue. I wish people wouldn't try to roll their OS as MS so much.

7. May 19, 2020  
    Also you shouldn't have to "clarify" that MS changes arent okay, the person should be pming the group leader to ask them that and the group leader has to agree you dont need to make a statement about it your spec is your MS you inform the leader yourself if you want to roll otherwise and then the leader will or wont agree you go forward depending on the outcome of that -
    don't you ask him on inv, as in "resto 3.8 but rolling boomy!"? :p if he isn't okey with that, welllll

ofc if he changes ms during rolls, we have a prob, or rather not