1. If Warmane was going to use multiboxing as a payment method, then maybe that should have been disclosed. What YOU'RE saying, is, that's what they did. You might wanna rethink what you're saying, cause that's called shady business practice, and the last thing this server needs, is people like you, pointing out the obvious. You might wanna rethink your ques and do less to discredit the staff like that.

2. It's not just that wintergrasp is ruined. I played strand of the ancients and no matter how much we were winning as ally side, we lost to a multiboxer hiding in the opened base and nobody could kill him. They would just heal his characters and bum we all die. So yeah, that's completely unfair.

3. It's not just that wintergrasp is ruined. I played strand of the ancients and no matter how much we were winning as ally side, we lost to a multiboxer hiding in the opened base and nobody could kill him. They would just heal his characters and bum we all die. So yeah, that's completely unfair.
    Why would you want to kill him?
    All you need to do is passing by with the demolishers and destroy the gate. The multiboxer can destroy one or maybe two demolisher before they are out of his reach.
    So pretty much all you need to do is gather 4 demolishers and then attack the gate.

4. I made a post suggesting that /follow be removed from BGs and Wintergrasp, arguing that there would be little to no downsides while simultaneously ensuring that multiboxers don't become entirely purposeless, and helping combat AFKers in BGs. Now that there are good suggestions on how to fix the PvP exploiting aspects, and Blizzard themselves is changing their stance on multiboxing as it becomes more prevalent and begins to show its true colors, I am very curious to hear the mental gymnastics required to explain why this is still a plague on the server in 2020.

It's ruining 100% of Wintergrasp games and ruining the BGs for their allies by not being able to cover objectives and taking all the character slots up for the game, and is incredibly disruptive and looked down upon by the majority of those who don't partake in it themselves. They ruin the gold market by buying hundreds of gems from getting ludicrous amounts of free honor per WG and converting honor to gems, hyperinflating gold on the website and in the auction house. Something so toxic surely can't be more beneficial to allow on the server over moderating it in its current form, right?
    Very reasonable post and very good suggestions. I 100% agree

5. I do muiltibox 5 max.... and only for PVE related things (mostly experiments I wanted to see for myself after hearing stories from other multiboxers and I used to be against it till I tried it and I rather enjoy it for solo dungeon runs with 5 hunters or warlocks) I do not have any plans to use this in PVP BGs whatsoever as that wont be fun.

6. If the GMs are watching the games then they should only BAN or warn multiboxers they catch in PVP related stuff like BGs or WG...... But ones like myself who only do it for PVE related experiments should be left alone.

7. I really hope Warmane follow suit and removes MB from it's servers. "Multi-boxing is degenerate game-play and should have been removed long ago." --Asmongold

8. I really hope Warmane follow suit and removes MB from it's servers. "Multi-boxing is degenerate game-play and should have been removed long ago." --Asmongold
    Man quoting twitch streamers when you wanna make a point is one of most cringe things you can do.

Also main reasons why MB is getting banned on retail are different and non existing on Warmane on my opinion, so dont hope Warmane to follow with this.
    Edited: November 4, 2020

9. It's not just that wintergrasp is ruined. I played strand of the ancients and no matter how much we were winning as ally side, we lost to a multiboxer hiding in the opened base and nobody could kill him. They would just heal his characters and bum we all die. So yeah, that's completely unfair.
    Pretty sure you're talking about me and my 4 ele shamans. I remember that match. Your problem wasn't that I was standing behind the broken yellow gate and somehow soloing everything, your problem was that my 11 normal teammates were with me and I was throwing off-heals on my entire team instead of just myself. I ended that match with more healing *per character* than the holy paladin on your team. The full wrathful hunter I kept topping off every fight is the one who got top dps though.

Lesson here isn't that multiboxing is unfair, it's that you don't have to be a heal spec to heal your teammates.

10. Pretty sure you're talking about me and my 4 ele shamans. I remember that match. Your problem wasn't that I was standing behind the broken yellow gate and somehow soloing everything, your problem was that my 11 normal teammates were with me and I was throwing off-heals on my entire team instead of just myself. I ended that match with more healing *per character* than the holy paladin on your team. The full wrathful hunter I kept topping off every fight is the one who got top dps though.

Lesson here isn't that multiboxing is unfair, it's that you don't have to be a heal spec to heal your teammates.
    That's called a strategy. They can't compete with that. You gotta go.

11. Pretty sure you're talking about me and my 4 ele shamans. I remember that match. Your problem wasn't that I was standing behind the broken yellow gate and somehow soloing everything, your problem was that my 11 normal teammates were with me and I was throwing off-heals on my entire team instead of just myself. I ended that match with more healing *per character* than the holy paladin on your team. The full wrathful hunter I kept topping off every fight is the one who got top dps though.

you have 4 ele shamans, other players have 1. can't spot what could possibly be considered unfair here...

12. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Surely Warmane will finally ban multiboxing now that they can't use the "Blizz allows it" excuse right? /s
    1. Multiboxing was not banned on retail on WOTLK

2. Multiboxing is getting banned in retail because since Legion, several players can mine the same node or pick up the same flower. So m-boxers with 20 or 40 chars could mine 20 or 40 mines at once (or pick up 20 to 40 flowers at once), hence destroying the economy of the server and dropping the price of Blizzard's tokens (and making Blizz lose money). Warmane doesn't work like that so this problem is non-existent.

3. M-boxers cost Blizzard money and Warmane is not Blizzard.

4. Warmane has limited the m-boxing to max 25 chars.

13. you have 4 ele shamans, other players have 1. can't spot what could possibly be considered unfair here...
    Other players have 14 teammates in a 15v15 battleground, and I only have 11. Where others could get themselves geared by fishing for carries, I had to win my own battles, even when I had no resilience.

Because I'm from Lordaeron, and cross-realm PvP from Lordaeron horde is the true end-game of pain.

14. 2. Multiboxing is getting banned in retail because since Legion, several players can mine the same node or pick up the same flower. So m-boxers with 20 or 40 chars could mine 20 or 40 mines at once (or pick up 20 to 40 flowers at once), hence destroying the economy of the server and dropping the price of Blizzard's tokens (and making Blizz lose money). Warmane doesn't work like that so this problem is non-existent.
    Well, you can farm mine/herb 10 at once, but ye, still a lot. Mainly they forbid boxing cuz Blizzard did weird things. A lot of hyperspawn spots, and they didn't fix/nerf them, till Shadowlands. Randoms farmed them, multiboxers farmed them (8 - 80 chars) and so on.
    I did hyperspawn by myself, but well, without using AHK or mouse macro (I was tired of smashing buttons after 1-2h, while other guys sat here like for 14-16hours straight per day)

15. 2. Multiboxing is getting banned in retail because since Legion, several players can mine the same node or pick up the same flower.
    Where did you read this? The official note states:
    "As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact on the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay."

The key point here is notice "the needs of the players", meaning you cannot mantain something that nobody wants for the sake of few.

3. M-boxers cost Blizzard money and Warmane is not Blizzard.
    Wut? It's the exact opposite. Multiboxers have to pay for many subscription on retail; 14 a month x 20 toons means ~ 3400 usd a year.

4. Warmane has limited the m-boxing to max 25 chars.
    True and it's appreciated, but it's not like it's a game changer. That's why many are asking for some real measures, especially regarding PvP.

First 123412 ... Last