1. Beautiful and Updated UIs for every class! (Weak Auras 2.18)

UPDATE

Hi guys, it's been a while! For the past 3 weeks I've been collaborating with creators of the community in order to make a massive project, Naowh's UI! I'm very excited to announce that as of September 13th, our project has been released. This was a massive project in the making with much more attention to detail than this 2020 project. I won't be supporting the old weak auras as they're far too outdated. However, good news is that I've already finished all weak auras for the new project, with an updated look and functionality! You can check it out by clicking here!

Introduction

Hi guys, my name is Lunminas, I'm a discipline priest main from the guild <Fade>. I've had 4 years of experience in Wrath of the Lich King here on Warmane coupled with a decent ammount of time on retail. Since the start of playing WoW, I always loved to fully customize my UI, but was unfortunately not capable and dedicated enough to make something well-done.

What is this about?

This year I was able to experience retail with my friends and I've come to realize that there's loads of customization there, since it's highly supported and they have a large dedicated community. I was very passionate about the limits (or lack thereof) of customization in User Interfaces, more particularly Weak Auras, which, on retail, is very very powerful.
    Ever since then, I looked back on my very basic UI for WotLK and wondered if there'd ever be a day where I could play on Warmane using a well-designed, complex and working UI. This was unfortunately not possible due to our version of Weak Auras, which was still dated to 3.3.5a content back in the day.
    Then, classic released, and the people that worked on retail weak auras got to work for the classic version, and added pretty much a lot of the functionality to be compatible with that port of the game. Because of that, I assume it was a lot easier to bring the current weak auras build to WotLK, and, when searching on github one day, I found a repository from a guy named "Bunny67", which contained a new version for our build! It obviously isn't 100% functional, but the stuff you can do with it is actually insane, and I'll soon show you!

What is your objective?

My aim is to build PVE UIs from scratch in Weak Auras for all the classes in Wrath of the Lich King, prioritizing the ones that I own and know first, obviously. With this new build of Weak Auras, I'm pretty confident I can make something that will make your WotLK experience at least a little bit more fun and updated. If this gets a good ammount of attention maybe I might influence some other people to do the same, and perhaps suggest on stuff I should change as well!
    As for why I'm making this, well, it's a hobby. This takes a lot of time and effort, some UIs take 3 hours to make, maintaing all of them is also very tricky. One faulty aura and I have to change the pastebin, the links, fix the version, etc. So please, enjoy!

Why should I bother? it's just an UI

For the majority of the playerbase, that is, in fact, true. Some people that play the game for a long time also don't need UIs to play their class correctly and efficiently. However, the assumption that UIs don't help you get better is absolutely false and I'll explain why.
    Besides the fact that pretty much the vast majority of high-end raiders and mythic-plus players on retail use UIs for their class, the availability and compact nature of Weak Auras UIs have proven to be detrimental for end-game players. It helps to maintain focus on the important details of your class such as rotations, cooldowns, defensives, and it's overall great for when you need to check whatever your class can offer without having to waste time looking for abilities in your hotbars.
    To put it simply, UIs help you to focus and be efficient. If you're losing DPS because you're not doing 100% uptime of your cooldowns, then there's an issue with efficiency. That can be solved by either being very experienced at the class and remembering the cooldown of all your abilities, or simply having an aura that tracks that for you. In a raid environment, you do not have the luxury of only caring about your class and your responsabilities to maintain DPS, there's a ton of details to keep track on, which you can easily lose yourself in.
    So UIs fix that, an intricate yet simple solution to maintain simplicity and availability of class-specific responsabilities. If this isn't enough for you, please, take a look at some of the projects I've already done and am constantly updating.

Example #1
    This is an example of my paladin UI, click the image if you want to see a GIF of it working!

How can I get it?

Well firstly you'll have to download this build of Weak Auras, which is an off-build of retail WA (presumably, I'm not 100% sure). Although this is great and all, The guy that made the repository isn't "official", but he has worked on several other projects for Wrath specifically so I'm confident he's not doing anything shady with the addon. With that said, please understand that, although I'm 99.9% sure there's absolutely nothing wrong, there's still a small chance that he could've changed the code for some malicious purpose. I've done some digging myself but I'm unfortunately not that great with lua nor WoW's API to fully comprehend what he has changed, there's also kilometers of lines of codes there, so a thorough investigation would take some time and effort.

If you fully understand the situation and is still confident that there's no foul play like I think as well, then please, access his repository through this link. Download the latest version, put it in your addons folder and boot up the game. Once you're logged in, type "/wa" and this window should pop-up:
    Spoiler: Show

When you're there, click on the last option "Import", then copy the text inside the pastebin that I'll link. it should look like this:

Spoiler: Show

From here, click on "Import Group", and you're done! The group has been succesfully imported to your Loaded Weak Auras. There's a couple of things that you might do depending on your taste. The most relevant one is the size of the UI, if you want to change that, click on the group, then on the "group" tab, use the "Group Scale" slider. This should only be used for the Main group of every UI I post, since all the other groups inherit this characteristic from the main group, meaning: If you want to change the scale of ALL groups, change it from the Main Rotation one!

WARNING
    Currently, the vast majority of my auras check for name of spells, meaning if you're playing with a non-english version of WotLK, some auras won't work.
    Adittionally, if you want to resize or move the UI, that can be done by selecting the main group of the UI and changing it's location. Resizing is done by going to that same main group, clicking on the group tab, then changing the group scale. Also, in order to make the UI visible out of combat, go to every single group, click on the "Load" tab, then deselect the "In combat" option.
    Lastly, I update all my auras constantly due to bugs or auras doing things they are not suppose to do. When updating your UI, please remember to delete all the other groups from previous versions as Weak Auras changes the name of an aura if there's already another aura with the same name. This can break the groups, making only the main one show up.

My Projects

I'll dedicate this part for all of the UIs I'm making, this post will be updated everytime I do something new so make sure to stick around if you want an UI for your class. If you have a request, feel free to reply on this post, so I can focus on some UIs first!

IMPORTANT
    All of the example images are clickable links just like the first one, if you want to have a better look, click on it for a GIF!

Click on 'check' to be redirected to the Warmane Forum page!

Project completion

(13/11/2020) - Marksman Hunter - DONE
    (14/11/2020) - Fury Warrior - DONE
    (15/11/2020) - Retribution Paladin - DONE
    (15/11/2020) - Combat Rogue - DONE
    (19/11/2020) - Fire Mage - DONE
    (19/11/2020) - Balance Druid - DONE
    (20/11/2020) - Shadow Priest - DONE
    (25/11/2020) - Holy Priest - DONE
    (25/11/2020) - Discipline Priest - DONE
    (15/12/2020) - Blood Death Knight - DONE
    (16/12/2020) - Frost Death Knight - DONE
    (16/12/2020) - Unholy Death Knight - DONE
    (17/02/2021) - Demonology Warlock - DONE
    (21/02/2021) - Affliction Warlock - DONE
    (21/02/2021) - Destruction Warlock - DONE
    (??/??/????) - Auxiliary group for Internal Cooldowns - TODO
    Edited: September 19, 2021

2. https://discord.gg/UXSc7nt

ElvUI backport
    Details backport
    WA backport

Come join :-)

3. Amazing job man!!!! I'm using all your UI and I must say that I'm so happy with them! Do you have any mage project? It would be so good :P

4. Amazing job man!!!! I'm using all your UI and I must say that I'm so happy with them! Do you have any mage project? It would be so good :P
    That means a lot to me man! This project takes a lot of time and dedication to make, so it feels great to be appreciated. Before you commented I was already in the making for a fire mage UI, and I've just released it now, check it out!

5. Waiting for balance druid :)

6. yo, all of them are sick :0

really quality quality content, proud of u my dude

7. For your mage WAs how do I make it so that all of the bars are showing in combat and not just the main bar?

8. Absolutely Amazing!!
    Couldn't find anything better out there!
    Tried making my own with WA's but hugely failed!

Thank you so much for this!

9. For your mage WAs how do I make it so that all of the bars are showing in combat and not just the main bar?
    Type /wa in chat, the groups for the mage UI should be there. You'll have to uncheck the "In Combat" option on the "Load" tab of each group. So click on every single one of them, go to the Load tab, then uncheck the In Combat Load trigger.

10. Amazing auras, may I ask if you're planning on doing some for Blood/UH DK or Resto Shaman/Druid? :D

11. Amazing auras, may I ask if you're planning on doing some for Blood/UH DK or Resto Shaman/Druid? :D
    I'm finishing up Holy and Disc priest, my next project should be DKs, probably blood first, be around!

12. As a quick suggestion for Balance Druid, could you add a tracker for Phylactery and CTS?

13. As a quick suggestion for Balance Druid, could you add a tracker for Phylactery and CTS?
    I'll be adding all ICDs sooner or later on a brand new Import. I don't wish to hinder the readiblity of my UIs as stated previously. Rest assured that I'll work on it though.

Also, for anyone wondering about the project's progression. I'm at a hiatus at the moment due to SL and some other activities. I'll be back within two weeks time.

14. You could try to implement them as bars, like in the Feral Tank one. Glad to see you're enjoying SL, looking forward to your updates! :D

15. You could try to implement them as bars, like in the Feral Tank one. Glad to see you're enjoying SL, looking forward to your updates! :D
    Since you want it so bad, I'll do 2 Imports, one group of ICDs and the other specifically for Boomy, just give me some time though!

123 ... Last