1. Retail-like Weak Auras UI for Fire Mage

Fire Mage Weak Auras UI

Hi there guys. I'd like to introduce myself before explaining what I'm about to share. I'm Lunminas, a Disco Priest main from the guild <Fade>, I've been playing on Warmane for around 3 to 4 years now with some experience on retail.

This Weak Auras was made in attempt to fulfill something that's been missing from the contemporary Wrath of the Lich King community: New and updated User Interfaces. This project is essentially a start to make the 3.3.5a experience inherit some of the best improvents from retail content. Taking into consideration that Weak Auras 2 has been updated in August to be compatible with a plethrera of components from the origial retail addon, it's now possible to develop clean, functional UIs on it's new 2.18 build, with added effects, conditions, triggers, etc.

With this, I'd like to share my WA Import, but do realize that this does not work with old version of Weak Auras.

If you're unsure where to download the new version, check for Bunny67's Weak Aura 2 Github repository. The build should be there.

Without further ado, here's the UI. Click on the image for a GIF.

Features

There's one main group and 4 other groups linked to the main one for this UI, they are separated in order to keep things organized. All the dynamic groups are dynamic for a reason, you won't see the UI this clogged, the screenshot shows all icons for all groups.

• The Main Rotation group displays your most used abilities and resources. It has a multitude of functionality that you can't see at first sight too, one example is that your haste % on the fireball icon is tracked and changes color depending on the value. These small details are present throughout the UI.
    • The Upper Group is used for heads up abilities such as molten armor and arcane intellect missing or about to fade out, it also tracks who has your Focus Magic so when it's about to expire, you know who to buff again, this timer is set to 5 minutes remaining on the buff.
    • The Bottom Group is there for miscellaneous and otherwise not constantly used abilities, one especially important icon is the mana gem. It tracks your remaining charges and it's cooldown.
    • The Left Group is your CDs tracker. It will display gloves and horde racials for bursting purposes. These icons will glow when off CD and when they're about to be usable again.
    • The Right Group displays your defensives. None of them glow when off CD.
    • Some important things to note on this UI is that your living bomb has 3 markers for timing purposes on DoT damage. Also, the 3 bars below the mana bar are displaying your Mirror Image uptime primarily. If you've used Combustion it will also change the border color of all bars to red.

Some detailed specific stuff for this UI
    Spoiler: Show
    Resizing
    If you want to change the size of the UI, click on the main group then go to group scale, the position of the UI is done by simply moving the main group as well.
    Changin the UI

Removing elements of the UI is a bit tricky if you don't know how to use WA, but if you wish to not have the cast bar for the fireball, for example, you can search it on the main rotation group, go to the aura, then click on the "Load" tab, then click never. For dynamic groups, disabling abilities doesn't change the overall look of the UI, but if you disable the fireball icon on the static main group, for example, it'll look weird since there's nothing between fireblast and pyroblast anymore.

If you want to heavily change the UI and are experience with WA, some things to note: All of the groups aren't anchored to the main group, they're anchored to the pyroblast icon. The load condition for all groups takes into consideration 4 things: In Combat, Not In Vehicle, Player Class = Mage, Talent selected = Living Bomb. If, for any reason, you're a fire mage without living bomb talented, this WA won't load. I wish there would be a simple way to fix this, but the only way to prevent the UI from loading on different specs is checking for spec specific abilities. So, if you run into this issue, you'll have to change the load condition for all 5 groups for some other spec specific ability.

Custom code and perfomance

The only places where there's custom code is on the haste % and mana gem text auras. Perfomance-wise, the mana sapphire text specifically is very taxative, although, in the grand scale of things, it shouldn't affect your perfomance by any meaningful margin. However it is advisable that if there's an issue with this UI's perfomance specifically, that icon could be the culprit. The reason being that it's updated every frame, regardless of triggers as show here.

UI Comments

Since the Rogue and Paladin projects, I've laid back a bit and tried to maintain a clean and not too special UI. This doesn't mean it's not a very powerful UI by any means, I've tried to maintain effects and glows to a minimum so you focus on the important stuff always. I've also experimented with custom code a bit as well, the haste % and Mana gem auras being an example.

I'm pretty confident this UI has everything that you have to care about on PVE specific situations, it's important to know that I do all my UIs thinking that you can use it without any other type of UI, meaning if you know your rotation and remember your key presses, you can run ICC 25 HC solely with this UI and be just fine.

WARNING
    Please do take note that this Import only works on version 2.18 (or later) of Weak Auras(Bunny67's), and also that resizing the original UI is done through the Main Rotation group, simply go to Main Rotations, group, Group Scale.

Import

As I said, this build is separated in 5 groups so we can keep it organized and modular. If there's things you don't want in your UI apart from the main rotation, you can simply not download it and it'll work just fine, also, the pastebin links can be changed easily, so if there's a new build, check the changelog and understand that it's already updated. With that being said, here are the links:

1. Fire Mage (Bottom Group)
    2. Fire Mage (Left Group)
    3. Fire Mage (Main Group)
    4. Fire Mage (Right Group)
    5. Fire Mage (Top Group)

More of my UIs
    Did you like my UI? Please, make sure to check the rest! I'm attempting to make UIs for all classes. If you are interested, please check out this project's main thread for more.

Changelog

v1.0 (19/11/2020) - Released
    v1.1 (05/12/2020) - Fixed groups incorrectly anchored to Pyroblast proc (Dissapearing when aura is gone)
    Edited: December 5, 2020

2. For me, I'm able to see the Main Group fine but the other groups won't show unless there is a Hot Streak Proc and then disappears right after.

- Using WA 2.18.0

3. Can confirm. They only work fine with Hot Streak proc up. Main Group works as intended.

Using 3.0.6 Bunny67 WA

4. Can confirm. They only work fine with Hot Streak proc up. Main Group works as intended.

Using 3.0.6 Bunny67 WA
    Thank you for your feedback, this is a high priority issue. I'll be fixing this in 30 minutes. Check for the chagelog section then re-download the UI. Don't forget to delete the old one!

EDIT: Fixed.
    Edited: December 5, 2020

5. nice and clean, just a sugestion instead of tracking fireblast and fireball , you can swap with PNL and CTS proc and icd. and maybe add a bar for the t10 2 piece 5 sec haste proc. nice work!!

6. Can u make this for Frost Mage too?

I want to setup a proc of Brain Freeze, BUFF is called FIREBAL! and the talent is called Brain Freeze. I have tryed both, multiple ids and nothing is working for me.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

7. Great job dude i like it really
    If just Living Bomb have some color like Scorch when its not up on target its will be so OP (black and white colors)
    Can you do that for me please ?

8. Great job dude i like it really
    If just Living Bomb have some color like Scorch when its not up on target its will be so OP (black and white colors)
    Can you do that for me please ?
    The Weak Auras is great. I would definitely like to see this suggestion too. I tried having a look but am not sure how to enable the greyed out icon and glowy borders.

Additionally, what I've noticed is if there is another fire mage, the Living Bomb tracker will track the other mage's LB via the small timer bar that decreases as LB ticks away. So in the case where my LB expires, the ticker bar expires, but then re-appears again and tracks the other mage's LB.

Even if you don't change the files, if you could give us a quick description on how to change these settings that would be amazing - but I understand everyone is busy.

Thanks!

9. I don't know if I did something wrong. But does this have a WA that displays if one of your spells eligible for Hot Streak scored a crit (and removes it on a Hot Streak proc)? Because to me that is by far the most important feature I cannot get from Blizzard's UI. They implemented that in Cataclysm.

10. ??????,? ??????? ????? ?????? ????? ????????????? ??????? ????? ??? ??? ??????????????? ? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ??????????

11. Hello, can you tell me what addons you need to download additionally so that it all works and not just blinks from vekauras?

12. i cant open the import links
    forgot about that, i find a way to open it.

btw, its fenomenal, beautiful, simple, clean, just perfect.
    thanks a lot

13. Please

please do the frost and arcane mage, please

14. May 8, 2023  
    How does this work if I constantly switch between frost and fire specs ?

12 Last