1. Will there be a gold squish on Frostmourne?

There is planned gold squish on February 17, 2020.

Will these also affect Frostmourne realm?

2. February 17, 2020 was almost a year ago.

They have not announced a gold squish for next year yet. If they will announce it, the announcement should contain this information too.

3. My gut feeling tells me, that there will be a gold squish on Frostmourne, and tbh the reason for that is really logical. Since our toons and their bag contents will be transferred to Icecrown, it will be kinda strange to halve the gold amount of all players in the first realm and keep it unchanged in the other one. I mean, imagine how people would farm it like crazy, if the latter were the case. They would get a massive advantage after the merge occurs. That would be unfair for players, who haven't played on Frostmourne.
    Edited: December 10, 2020

4. My gut feeling tells me, that there will be a gold squish on Frostmourne, and tbh the reason for that is really logical. Since our toons and their bag contents will be transferred to Icecrown, it will be kinda strange to halve the gold amount of all players in the first realm and keep it unchanged in the other one. I mean, imagine how people would farm it like crazy, if the latter were the case. They would get a massive advantage after the merge occurs. That would be unfair for players, who haven't played on Frostmourne.
    True. But.....

This might be just speculation, but I doubt a lot of players will continue on Icecrown after the migration. Personally, I definitely won't. All my characters and gold may as well be deleted. Most people play on this realm for progression element, that's the whole appeal.

Also, I feel like Frostmourne economy is more than healthy as it is. There is nothing that stands out to me as overpriced to the point where it would warrant the Warmane staff to intervene and fix the inflation. The squish itself, especially when announced in advance, is a pointless practice. It somewhat worked the first time around, but it won't anymore. People will simply convert gold to raw mats like they're in a clearance sale. And the cycle continues.

I would also be pretty pissed off if they took away half the gold so close to Frostmourne end date. It's economy should not really be messed with since it's a seasonal server. The easiest solution is to delay the squish, ideally until April. That way Icecrown gets their squish and migrated Frostmourne characters just get their gold halved upon arrival.
    Edited: December 10, 2020 Reason: spelling

5. True. But.....

Also, I feel like Frostmourne economy is more than healthy as it is. There is nothing that stands out to me as overpriced to the point where it would warrant the Warmane staff to intervene and fix the inflation.

I would also be pretty pissed off if they took away half the gold so close to Frostmourne end date. It's economy should not really be messed with since it's a seasonal server. The easiest solution is to delay the squish, ideally until April. That way Icecrown gets their squish and migrated Frostmourne characters just get their gold halved upon arrival.
    Tbh, I also think, that the economy on Frostmourne is in a healthy state right now and it doesn't deserve a gold squish in itself. However, the issue with this argument is that the realm must remain a single entity, i.e. separated from everything else, for this to be true. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. In order for our characters and the time & resources we spend on them not to go to waste after the reset, they need to be moved somewhere. The devs won't create a fourth Wotlk server as a successor to Frostmourne, so they must be transferred to an already existing one, where the economy has already been burdened by the years and years of farming resources from different sources. Lordearon is out of the picture due to the retail-like rates there, which leaves us with Icecrown. If the sudden influx of resources doesn't get acknowledged on time, one will create an even bigger inflation there. That's why Frostmourne's economy can't be observed in a vacuum. That's why I expect, that the devs will intervene sooner or later.

The squish itself, especially when announced in advance, is a pointless practice. It somewhat worked the first time around, but it won't anymore. People will simply convert gold to raw mats like they're in a clearance sale. And the cycle continues.
    I would like to make myself clear - I DON'T defend the gold squish as a practice. I (like many other people here) am fully aware, that it will be abused like it was done in the past. However, since I haven't studied economics, I have no clue what alternatives Warmane should use. I just tell people what to expect based on my past experience. And I can assure you, that something WILL happen with FM's economy before or during the merge.

I must admit I like your suggestion about delaying the gold squish, in order to make it simultaneous with the realm merge. That would make the transition to Icecrown a bit smoother. We will see what the devs have planned for next year.

----------

Since I don't know how to reply to your first paragraph without breaking the line of thought above, I will answer it here.

I've read, that you don't plan to continue playing on Icecrown after the reset. While I also think, that most players here are driven by the seasonal progression of the server, I am 100% certain, that they won't like to see their toons getting deleted. I mean, I know some people, who have spent coins to purchase certain rare items for their mains. Of course, this is also a speculation, but imho people would become more pissed off if they lose the characters on which they've spent a lot of time and resources. Just imagine if someone would want to continue playing ICC and RS on Icecrown, but due to the merge they had to grind the gear all over again. That would be very frustrating and it would demotivate people from creating characters on Frostmoutne in the first place. I mean, imagine if someone joined the server halfway though its cycle. How would they feel, if they got told that their characters would live for less than 6 months? Point is - thanks to the merge people always have the possibility to return to Wotlk and clear the endgame or any other content whenever they please (instead of having to wait X months to be released). Speaking for myself, I got tired of the limited content and I can't wait for the next patch. After the merge I will probably not return to FM due to that reason. I will either stay in IC, go to Lorde or just take a break from WoW.
    Edited: December 10, 2020

6. Just to clarify, having no use for the characters is just my personal perspective and situation. I by no means suggest a complete cleanse as a justification for avoiding a gold squish on Frostmourne. While likely very few, players should definitely have the option to continue playing the characters they have invested time in prior to migration. I know for a fact I will not, but hey, everyone to their own.

7. Just to clarify, having no use for the characters is just my personal perspective and situation. I by no means suggest a complete cleanse as a justification for avoiding a gold squish on Frostmourne. While likely very few, players should definitely have the option to continue playing the characters they have invested time in prior to migration. I know for a fact I will not, but hey, everyone to their own.
    Yeah, I understood. I admit, that it was my fault for focusing too much on the word "delete", that I deviated from the topic. My apologies for the caused confusion.

8. Merging is the worst possible outcome for Frostmourn .

9. Merging is the worst possible outcome for Frostmourn .
    Should've read the patch notes before you started then. Merging with Icecrown has been the plan since day 0.