1. We are thankful for all of the feedback. However, most of the feedback that is pertaining to the EoF farm event is not something we can take in. The players complaining know why they are complaining, and we know why they are complaining. Gear is a factor in this game and people expected to be racking a bunch of emblems. That is the truth of the matter.

That event will not be making a return to Warmane, as it produces more damage to the realms than good. The extra emblems are usually used on primordial saronites and those are valued a lot and it causes an inflation in the economy, not to mention that it reduces the amount of players who are doing entry raids by essentially giving them a skip button for all of that.

We understand that, that is why it is so beloved. But, it won't be making a come back. The negative consequences outweigh the good ones, and we've been doing it every year out of tradition, more than anything, not to mention that the event, usually even when working great, would produce a whole different set of issues.

And to remind the players here, in terms of drop rates and rewards, this year is significantly better than last year in all areas. The bosses drop significantly more items and with higher drop chance than last year's raid. However, we'll still check if we can improve the amount of items distributed and the difficulty of the events.

Every year, we work for several months and every year we're berated and insulted by the community that we worked so hard to provide the events for free. If you believe that something was different last year, unfortunately you are mistaken.

Originally Posted by maestrobrept
    The tears are real.
    Originally Posted by Norroen
    People being ungrateful is the true reason why the loot "wasn't fair" or "unbalanced". It's christmas / new years eve time and all you people do is complaining about this and that. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, the game's always been about RNG, so why would that change with this custom event?
    You would think that these posts are from this year, but they are not. Stopping these events is something we consider each year, largely due to both negative consequences and overwhelming lack of gratitude that is shown from the players. Not to mention, that we are the only private server that does these holiday events and gifts on this scale. This year, we got enough feedback to consider the past decade of these events and it's something we'll have to think through. From our perspective, it has been a decade of insults and complaining, right at the time for the holiday season, no matter which route we went with in terms of events.

Thank you all for the feedback, be it positive or negative. It will be all considered.

2. Simple solution to that is not providing bad events like the ones you have done this christmas season.
    I really don't post much in these forums, but I can't help but comment on this.

This is a perfect example of the toxicity that infects this server. If you personally don't appreciate something, that's entirely fine. However, when you start being toxic my recommendation (take it or leave it) would be to do everyone a favor take some time off.

On behalf of those who aren't toxic - we appreciate you Warmane.

3. Last year quest chain was far from perfect, it was buggy but still enjoyable and rewarding enough to make it even with my last alt. The personal loot was the key to it.

4. The issue is that new players cant enjoy it, and event is not enjoyable for high geared people. 25 people 1 mount? No personal loot, over 300gold repair bill? + gold squish is kinda too much for raiders also.

5. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Looking forward to all these new and challenging winter events! I'm already loving the Azshara Crator raid!
    You've truly made my Christmas! Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
    Casual Player

P.S
    Please don't think all the ungrateful and toxic comments represent the majority of the community that appreciate what you all have done! They are just the loud minority!

6. This deathmatch thing is handicapping warlocks so bad its absurd, u spawn falling down which despawns the pet, gl summoning it when fel dom is down, meaning ure taking 20% more dmg all the time with 99 ppl jumping around. But if i were a melee i bet it would be fun as hell. Glad they tried new things, just needs a bit of polishing.

7. With all due respect to everyone here, you need to stop crying like a bunch of babies.

I know that its 2020 and that most of you are spoiled little brats that want free ****, but these events are NOT "the worst", "bad", or anything stated in the posts before this.
    We had worse, and more annoying for sure...

Every year is the same, and even if they gave you 100milion emblems for every toon you own, you would STILL FIND A WAY TO COMPLAIN.
    A multiboxer camping the spawning NPC portal place for example...
    Lag... Every year is the same, and every next one will be.

If they give u events you will complain.
    If they dont give you events you will complain.

This year is FUN, for me at least, mainly because you get those 40 extra talents to go ham on the new bosses (wish there was a bit more multi target DPS encounters for even more FUN!).
    To be honest, I dont remember a year where we had NO LAG, and working events on the same night as they were released...
    (I did not do the last year events but most of the ones before it I did)

If you were to do the raid with 25 same people from a Guild every day or 14hrs, which is the time it takes for raid to reset, everyone is going to get a mount, a cool transmog on top of it, and maybe something extra, and every time you enter a raid you would get 3 custom OP items to pew pew with.

If you people spent 1/10th of the time complaining here, and actually did something in real life to earn extra bucks, you would be able to have all the items in the world just by going to the COIN shop.
    Maybe you stop mindlessly farming for stuff in game, and use that time to earn extra dollars so you dont have to mindlessly spam raids and actually enjoy the game if gear is so important for you?
    But hey, its always easyer to wait for NEW YEAR EVENTS to get all the free ****.

This year you got a FREE custom event with rewards that can not be farmed in game.
    This year you got no lag while doing them.
    Think about it.

And most importantly, at this time of the year you should be happy, not trying to hate something you dont deserve in the first place.

P.S. Warmane, I come to you once more to ask that you do 0 events next year, maybe that will reset the hate for years to come. :D

Best of luck and enjoy these holidays, and the ones to come!

8. Enough is enough, I want to throw up from the amount of salty crybabies in this thread.

Oh sorry my child, you didnt get your precious EoFs? I'm sure you're not sleeping well now, those damned EoFs must have meant the world for you <3.
    Are you even serious dude?? Grow the hell up, you're dissing Warmane who put together amazing and new events for you so you can have fun, but all that matters for everyone is those ****ng EoFs. I'm done here man.

Do you even know that the reward pets you salty boyz are calling useless are 15 coins at the coin shop each??? Do you know that these pets mean a lot to people who are collecting them?? Do you know that Feat of Strenght achi they give are waaaaaaay more valuable than your god damned EoFs??? 15 coin pet = 60-70k valued in gold. I think thats a little more than you could get from primos innit?

Seriously Warmane staff, you really did your best this year and the events and the lore behind them are amazing, but this salty community does not deserve it. I'm sad to say this but I also suggest not creating any event next year, so these *****s can learn and maybe leave forever, and everyone'd like that.

Happy haolidays and have an amazing day everyone!

9. It isn't even about the EOF farm. It's the fact that the event is half done. Quest chain is absurd. (tbh I thought it would be more personal focused and not a raid with 40 people killing a mob. My bad I guess)
    The raid I won't even comment on as its a fiesta in every way possible.
    And now you are gonna be like "oh look at this ***** being salty". Nah bro. I'm still thankful for being able to play on this server rather than Blizzard. And I still invest time and money here. But lets be honest and real for a second... Yes people make mistakes and **** up something, you can always change it. Proterean said they will look into it... so lets give em time? If none of you know... that's how feedback works. You give feedback and wait for the thing you reported to be fixed and they get back to you.
    I'll ****ing say it.. **** EOF farm. Just gives the lazy people who don't wanna farm and earn their gear an easy way out.
    Thank you for reading my rant. :)

10. This year is FUN, for me at least,
    Well there you go.You just said it yourself.It's fun for you.For majority of people not.

11. Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into the expansive event! The trouble you all went through to make this a reality is greatly appreciated by the lot of us! It is refreshing to have some new content in a game that we all love and I really love these new ideas that you all have implemented with this wild year! Cheers!

12. If none of you know... that's how feedback works. You give feedback and wait for the thing you reported to be fixed and they get back to you.
    I can count on the fingers of a hand how many posts in all these pages could be called feedback, be it because of content or presentation. The difficulty of the Raid even for geared people, the Raid not having a newbie-friendly version, the loot being stolen, the PvP not letting most participate, and there being some bugs in the quests. That's it, and then there's how those complains are put forward.
    Well there you go.You just said it yourself.It's fun for you.For majority of people not.
    Let me blunt then: don't do the events if you're not having any fun with them.

There are things we are up to fixing, like the bugs; there are things we are up to tweaking, like the difficulty. But the essence of what they are isn't going to change. They aren't events to get any sort of currency, they aren't events to go for boosting of any kind, they aren't events meant for you to gear up. They are challenges for people who want a challenge to have fun with. If all your fun is based on rewards you might be better off skipping them - and who knows, years to come as well?

13. I heard so many different versions, can someone say what do we get from Azshara Adventure bosses in the end?
    Are there any EoF when you kill them?
    Is the loot fixed so it does not get stolen by the first person that opens it?
    New lockout period is 1 or 3 days?
    What happens when you kill 3rd boss? Only managed to finish 2 of them so far.

14. I’m looking forward to trying the event when I get home. I’ve been looking forward to this for months now and I know I’m not alone!

As much as I looked forward to the EoF event I’m glad that it was taken away. It was great for gearing alts but it also made raiding with people after the holidays extremely different and I had to fill raids with inflated gearscore to help offset the new gear people got. They might have the gear but it doesn’t mean they know their class. It’s also nice that it is gone because now I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time doing literally any other raid like I did last year with the EoF event going on. The EoF event was too good for me to justify doing anything else other than that while it was still going. So thank you for removing it.

I personally love the fact that we get to play test some of the new bosses you all created. It’s extremely fun having the chance to problem solve and figure out how to kill a new boss especially if it’s a harder one. It reminds me of the old days of progressing a boss without everyone knowing what to do with it, trying new ideas out and implementing different strategies. You all put in countless hours for a little bit of extra fun for us on this server and it’s extremely rewarding getting to try out your creations!

Moving forward for the Warmane staff means doing what is right for all of you. Whatever you end up deciding we will be with you. If that means canceling the events in the future then you gotta do what you gotta do. I think a part of you all enjoy these events as much as we do, this is a time where the staff and players actively work together and that is something unique and quite fun.

I think it’s easy to focus on the negatives as we are hard wired as humans to stay away from painful interactions but for every person voicing their anger there are 10 people very happy and excited to try out new stuff. Don’t worry about trying to please everyone because everyone plays for different reasons, I can’t even please everyone with leading standard raid content... “I want this achievement, I want this boss hc, I want this item, etc.” As long as you all are happy with the results then forget what everyone else says.

Should you continue to do event bosses in the future here are some suggestions I have.

And while I’m glad that the EoF farm is gone maybe consider giving the event bosses additional frosties with each kill. Instead of 2 EoF per boss kill maybe bump the number up to 5? Just an idea. This would be a better incentive for people to want to participate while still not giving away the frosties in mass. It takes like 600 EoF to get a full EoF items from the vendors so unless it’s a 12 boss raid with a 1 day cooldown people will not walk away with full EoF gear. OR have some rng with boss drops that will sometimes drop 20 emblems of frost because why not?

An idea for event bosses in the future. In addition to the loot from bosses have a prize wheel for each member that was in the raid group after each boss. The prize wheel could consist of small things like lower end pets, gems, primordial saronites, crusader orbs, frozen orbs, emblems of frost, lower end boes, etc. this would give everyone a small win regardless of the boss drop and people’s roll on the boss loot. A present for everyone of you will. OR do a gag gift prize wheel and have it so that people only win coal or a primo! LOL watching them rage would be hilarious too ��

As far as boss difficulty goes I do have a suggestion. I’m not entirely sure how to do this since I’m not programmer savvy but have different difficulty settings. Why? Because a lot of these event bosses require people to be 6k+ gear score and it does leave behind some people that way. However making it too easy also leaves the geared raiders bored with no real want to raid the content you all worked so hard to do. My suggestion would be to have a normal and heroic difficulty setting for events and different loot for each. This way people that are 5k gear score can still participate but it also allows the more hardcore raider a challenge too. Having a different raid ID like in ToC vs ToGC so that there will not be the conflict of ID. Or if keeping it on two different difficulty settings is too cumbersome of a task then have a few easy bosses that lead into the hardcore raid bosses. That way everyone can participate.

I always look forward to progression bosses and being able to figure out how manage different mechanics of the bosses. For easier bosses having a soft enrage with stacking debuffs of increased damage taken over time is generally a good way to do it. Stacking raid damage debuff over time makes for a fun DPS race and fun healing. Debuffs that heal the boss like Vezax or Deathbringer make for raid coordination. The only mechanic that I personally don’t like are 1 shot abilities with no animated warning like soul reapers on the lick king encounter, it’s damn near impossible to gauge when it’s going to hit without addons to help. I look forward to seeing what next year brings!

Merry Christmas and have a great new year! Much love to the Warmane staff and thank you for all that you do!

15. the poor design of the map which has been made in paint
    "Testing" is just one of the never accessible areas (for players) made by Blizzard themselves.

First ... 31112131415 ... Last