1. Persivaln posted a vid where some sort of sense could be projected on results, just wanted to dig deeper. Kind of knew it didn't work, but things can change, who knows.

2. Thanks for data guys. what stat should I focus on more right now

hit 330
    SP 2952
    haste 398
    crit 24.4%

3. Thanks for data guys. what stat should I focus on more right now

hit 330
    SP 2952
    haste 398
    crit 24.4%
    We could help you better if we know what gear you have..

but anyway.. First off, find the SP guide posted here on this forums.. try to get that gear.

if you do not have the t8 gear.. get that first..
    your first stat to focus once you get to 13% hit is Haste..
    you need atleast 1200 Haste ( is 1400 hard cap ? )
    then your ticks begin to **** the enemies more.
    Also, in high gears. mages / warlocks will always out dps you. You are not a pure dps spec. you are supporting others with your replenish and Vampiric Embrace. just keep those dots up .. Never clip DP or VT and hit MB as soon as you cast VT.. then go mind flay.

4. I posted my gear in link in this thread. You tell me to read the guide and say I need 13% Hit but the guide says 10%

the guide says SP is priority over Haste but there is no cap for SP so in theory the way it is written I should Gem SP and would never make it to addressing Haste. Whats the better focus with my current SP and Haste.

5. Small breakdown on hit:
    17% - raw spell hit cap
    14% - with talent for shadow spell hit
    11% with hit debuff "Misery"
    10% with draenei in party group with you (cuz their aura is not raid)

For Shadow priest haste and crit cas are more important because you have 3 DoTs applied on target together with your Mind Flay. So you bsicaly get more dmg per point of crit/haste than direct dmg classes cuz they greatly increase your damage per period of time of all four spells at same time

6. I posted my gear in link in this thread. You tell me to read the guide and say I need 13% Hit but the guide says 10%
    Hit Cap – 289 / 11% (For all races except Draenei) or 10% (If Draenei)
    Haste Soft Cap – 1269
    Haste Hard Cap – 1400
    As stated, the hit % depends on race. If you're horde, or alliance, but not draenei, get 11% hit.

the guide says SP is priority over Haste but there is no cap for SP so in theory the way it is written I should Gem SP and would never make it to addressing Haste. Whats the better focus with my current SP and Haste.
    Try to reach Haste soft cap of 1269 for starters.

Gemming wise I'd follow as the guide says:

Gemming shadow priests is relatively straight forward. I like to gem my character for all socket bonuses but the general trend I see is that when a person is haste capped they gem +23 SP gems in items which give bonus of 5sp or less. I leave the choice up to you.

Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby (+23 Spell Power)
    Blue: Purified Dreadstone (+12 Spell Power, +10 Spirit)
    **Yellow: Reckless Amertine (+12 Spell Power, +10 Haste)

** - If you are haste capped it is pointless for you to gem an additional 10 haste hence replace this gem with Potent Ametrine (+12 Spell Power, +10 crit).

7. I posted my gear in link in this thread. You tell me to read the guide and say I need 13% Hit but the guide says 10%

SP is priority yes..
    BUT,, that is after you hit the haste cap.. you get that 4 set bonus.. and other gear which has SP / Crit in it.. But try to get as much as haste along with it. Gem for reckless Ametrine in all yellow slots. get haste ench for back + gloves..
    10% hit is when you are a drenei and have taken talents that increase hit.. i told you the total which you need to achieve.. you do that with racials + gear or just gear.. is up to up depending on what you are playing.

as posted by persivaln and ohiemitzen.. you get as near as possible to haste cap.. your dots do more dmg , which is bread n butter for us.

8. Thanks everyone for the info !

I bumped my haste up from 398 to 438
    Edited: December 30, 2020

9. Now for the dps. As a shadow priest you desperately need more haste. That 438 haste is nothing and it won't bring you dps. My friend who is 6.2k has around 1000+ haste. You need it much so you reduce your mind flay effect and that way you can proc it literally in seconds. That's where your main damage comes from.

It is sad I know but without good haste as a shadow priest you'll just do pathetic damage.

10. you will need around 1400 ( hard cap ) to do around or above 10k. depending on the fight and buffs / hero triggers etc.
    you will also need those 4 set bonuses and cts + phylactery boosts.

11. you will need around 1400 ( hard cap )
    Hard cap? This isn't armor penetration, guy. There isn't a point where you *stop* benefitting from haste. Furthermore, what you should be aiming for is NOT 1400.
    There are two caps that shadow priests typically pay attention to. GCD timer and Vampiric Touch cast time.
    You also have to take into consideration talents and raid buffs when aiming for your caps.
    That said, you cap your Vampiric Touch at a cast time equal to your GCD at 1269 haste. By the time you reach this point, you stop gearing specifically for haste and aim at stat balance, because most stats having an approximately equivalent stat weight. The exception being spell power, which is a bit a head, and thus what you should aim to gem for once you have your haste cap for Vampiric Touch.
    A properly bis shadow priest is going to be sitting at 1296 haste without any procs that grant haste. Stacking until 1400 instead of balancing your stats after your initial cap will only cost you DPS.

to do around or above 10k. depending on the fight and buffs / hero triggers etc.
    Unless you're inexperienced with the fights on a priest, you should not be hovering around 10k on most fights, if not all. 10k is a very low-ball figure.

12. I know there might be no official hard, like you said " this aint arp " . But that's something to aim for without gemming haste in everything. I have gemmed reckless ametrines in all yellow and other gems accordingly. I never said pushing for that number. someone mentioned being at around 6.2. then those are the numbers they will look for. 10k dps to do normally.. and more if its DBS / Fester . as they gear more. stop clipping the VT / DP and if they have a good raid comp and don't need to mind blast occasionally . they will do more. i constantly do around 12 k or more.

You are talking about ideal conditions and perfect gameplay. which we mortals can't do :) .. at least i can not.
    Just giving a new guy something to aim for.. once he starts understanding his character. he will do more and put his own new goals.

13. May 26, 2021  
    Nah d00d, listen here. 1269 is a proper cap, 1268,8 to be exact. Anything above that isn't benefiting you on Single target compared to crit, so after you're past 1269, try to get as close to it as possible and then get crit.

On multi target however, the EP in Haste is greater than Crit, so if you're gemming for, let's say LK. You'll benefit more from gemming extra haste, since the Mind Sear will make a difference there ^^. It's all in my guide, which can be found by DMing me.

First 12