1. I see many people picking infecting wounds as a talent and it actually shows on the marrowgar for an example as a debuff. It isn't working or actually not worth?

2. I see many people picking infecting wounds as a talent and it actually shows on the marrowgar for an example as a debuff. It isn't working or actually not worth?
    It does work, but all tanks - prot pals, blood dks, and prot warrs - also have the ability to apply the 20% attack speed slow, so we have no need to pick it up. Bears sometimes do if it's necessary.

3. May 13, 2021  

Hit and expertise vs arp

Thanks for the well drafted guide.

I am gearing up on Lordaeron, and my arp is currently around 1150.
    I am running some sims using Rawr, which recommend me to remove my hit and expertise gems, and gem arp instead.
    Rawr thinks that the relative stat value of arp is significantly better than hit or expertise (2.28 for arp vs 1.76 for hit).
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Would you recommend not being hit/expertise capped, in favour of more arp?

4. May 15, 2021  
    Thanks for the well drafted guide.

I am gearing up on Lordaeron, and my arp is currently around 1150.
    I am running some sims using Rawr, which recommend me to remove my hit and expertise gems, and gem arp instead.
    Rawr thinks that the relative stat value of arp is significantly better than hit or expertise (2.28 for arp vs 1.76 for hit).
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Would you recommend not being hit/expertise capped, in favour of more arp?
    Rawr is a good program but in my experience it tends to lack in some areas. I wouldn't go below 7.9% hit and expertise cap. The thing is, you're playing a complete rng game if you go low hit/expertise which is just not good for pulling repeatable dmg. For example, missing a bite hit (or even a shred during trinket procs) on DBS could sacrifice 1-2% total damage per miss, which would make the arp benefit negligible.

5. May 17, 2021  

Armor Penetration

Hello. I have a question about armor penetration socketing. Currently i have only 1120 armor pene. Would you reccomend using ( Needle---Encrusted Scorpion ) trinket to reach armor pene cap on proc ( for while ) or better all way long max armor pene even if that mean still do not have 1400 cap.

PS: Thank you for nice guide. One of best i ever seen !

6. May 18, 2021  
    Hello. I have a question about armor penetration socketing. Currently i have only 1120 armor pene. Would you reccomend using ( Needle---Encrusted Scorpion ) trinket to reach armor pene cap on proc ( for while ) or better all way long max armor pene even if that mean still do not have 1400 cap.

PS: Thank you for nice guide. One of best i ever seen !
    Since I'm in the mood for some math, I would like to answer your question. Should OP or anyone else find any mistakes in this post, they can always correct me.

Let's see how much damage arp actually gives you. From this thread:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=298787/

we can say the following:

Boss armour = 10643
    Boss armour (reduced by Faerie Fire + Sunder Armour) = 8088.68; Arp Cap = 7773.73
    1400 arp = 100%
    1120 arp (in your case) = 80%

-> Effective Armour (with 100% arp) = 8088.68 - 7773.73 = 314.95
    Effective Armour (with 80% arp) = 8088.68 - (0.8*7773.73) = 1869.696

-> DR% (with 100% arp) = 314.95:(314.95+15232.5) = 0.02 => DA% (with 100% arp) ≈ 98%
    DR% (with 80% arp) = 1869.696:(1869.696+15232.5) = 0.109 => DA% (with 80% arp) = 89%

In other words, if you use that trinket, your Mangles, Shreds, Ferocious Bites, and Autoattacks will do 9% more damage for 10 seconds, and then the trinket proc will be on a 45 sec cooldown. Bleeds don't get affected by armour. So, I dare to say that it's not worth it. Arp after 1400 is a waste, and it has always been that. There's a trinket, that similarly to http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50198 gives crit, and that is http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50342. However, the latter trinket is more valuable because att power(10% increase from Heart of the wild) enhances not only the aforementioned attacks, but also our bleeds - and for 15 seconds! Not to mention, the crit bonus is higher, which increases the odds of you landing crits with your combo point generating abilities.

But let's forget about crit for a moment. Let's concentrate on the pure damage. For this case, I'll use my attack power from my Icecrown toon, which is 10722 unbuffed. I'll use this number in both cases - with 100% arp and Needle trinket and with 80% + Skull.

100% arp

Shred = (AA*2.25 + 666)*Naturalist*Mangle*SR*Rend and Tear
    According to some sources, the cat’s AA damage is calculated by multiplying our AP by 1/14 and adding 55 (average pawn damage).
    Shred (non-crit) = 5736; if I have to take DA% into consideration -> 5736*0.98=5621.28
    Shred (crit) = 12619 (with Predatory Instincts) -> with DA% 12366.22

FB 5CPs (Rend and Tear increases the crit chance by 24, so I’ll might as well concentrate on the critical strike):
    FB = (120+290*5+0.35*AP)*Feral Aggression*SR*Naturalist*2*Predatory Instincts
    FB = 19701 -> with DA% 19307

80% arp

Attack Power = 10722+1210 (AP from Skull trinket) = 11932
    Autoattack Damage = 907
    Shred = 6179 -> DA% 5499.31
    Shred (crit) = 13593.86 -> DA% 12098

FB = 21268.9 -> DA% 18929

The numbers don't look in our favour, but we need to consider other factors:

1) Number of buffed shreds in the first case vs the second in the span of 15 seconds. In order to have a clearer picture, we have to assume that we will inflict the same amount of shreds within that time frame and compare the damage. It's important to note, that after Needle's proc ends, your arp is back to 80% (DA% = 89%). But, how many Shreds are you going to use during Needle's 10 sec CD and 5 seconds out of the buff? After all, you can't spend all of your energy on that, you'll need to refresh Rake and quite possibly Rip as well? Let's say 2-3 buffed Shreds and one unbuffed, i.e. with the regular 80% arp?
    2*12366.22=24732.44
    3*12366.22 = 37098.66
    Shred (unbuffed) = 11230.9

VVhat about during Skull's 15 seconds? Honestly, I have difficulties answering this question, because here you might refresh Rake twice, and you could need energy for refreshing Rip or Savage Roar. However, for the sake of the example, I will keep the number of Shreds the same.
    3*12098 = 36294
    4*12098 = 48392

Let's compare them:
    2*Shreds (buffed from the Needle trinket) + unbuffed Shred = 35963.34 < 3*Shreds (buffed with the Skull)
    3*Shreds (buffed from the Needle trinket) + unbuffed Shred = 48329.56 < 4*Shreds (buffed with the Skull)

2) I've mentioned bleeds being enhanced by the Skull, so let's include them here:

Rake = (AP/100+176+3*358+AP*0.18)*Savage Fury*Mangle*SR*Naturalist
    Rake unbuffed = (107.22 + 176 + 1074 + 1929.96)*Savage Fury*Mangle*SR*Naturalist = 7502 or up to 16504.4 (if everything is critical)
    Rake buffed = (119.32 + 176 + 1074 + 2147.76)*Savage Fury*Mangle*SR*Naturalist = 8026.96 or up to 17659.3 (if everything is critical)

Rip 5CPs:
    Rip = (36+93*5+0.05*AP)*11*SR*Mangle*Naturalist
    Rip (unbuffed) = (36+ 465 + 536.1)*11*SR*Mangle*Naturalist = 21697 or up to 47733.54 (if all 11 ticks are critical)
    Rip (buffed) = (36+ 465 + 596.6)*11*SR*Mangle*Naturalist = 22962.77 or up to 50518.1 (if all 11 ticks are critical)
    I'm willing to accept, that you don't refresh Rip during the 15-second buff from the Skull, but you will refresh Rake, which will grant you 524.96 up to 1154.9 damage (if all ticks end up being critical).

3) So far, so good, but what about FB? If you compare the FB (Needle) vs FB (Skull), the latter will do 379 damage less. Thankfully, this is compensated by the bonus Rake damage.

4) I'll ignore the damage from Mangle, because we use it once per minute, but here I will take the Autoattack damage into consideration.
    AA (unbuffed, no armour damage reduction) = 820.5*Naturalist*SR = 1200.39 or 2640.86 (crit)
    AA (buffed) = 907*Naturalist*SR = 1326. 94 or 2919.27 (crit)

AA (no AP buff, but 100% arp) = 1176.38 or 2588 (crit)
    AA (AP buff, but 80% arp) = 1180.97 or 2598.1 (crit)

So, there's a small buff here as well. As you can see, the Needle trinket is unarguably a weaker gear choice that VVFS.

[edit] Here are some sites, where I found information about some formulas:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/spell=48574#see-also
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?spell=49800
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?spell=48577#see-also
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/spell=48572?forums#see-also
    https://www.wowhead.com/forums/topic/142010
    Edited: May 18, 2021 Reason: Added external sites. Corrected Rip damage (got confused by Frostmourne's gear)

7. May 31, 2021  

8. Hey guys random question but does anyone know a BIS list for Feral dps in TOC patch ?
    What would you guys go for aggy or arp ?
    Would you run 4 piece t9 or just 2x t9 and go for arp ?
    Any info and advice is much appreciated.

9. Hey guys random question but does anyone know a BIS list for Feral dps in TOC patch ?
    What would you guys go for aggy or arp ?
    Would you run 4 piece t9 or just 2x t9 and go for arp ?
    Any info and advice is much appreciated.
    Found an old note from back in the days.

Head: Runetotem's Headguard of Triumph
    Neck: Charge of the Eredar
    Shoulders: Runetotem's Shoulderpads of Triumph
    Back: Sylvanas' Cunning
    Chest: Vest of Calamitous Fate
    Wrist: Bracers of Swift Death
    Weapon: Twin's Pact
    Idol: Idol of Mutilation
    Trinket 1: Mjolnir Runestone
    Trinket 2: Death's Choice
    Ring 1: Dexterous Brightstone Ring
    Ring 2: Band of Callous Aggression
    Feet: Icewalker Treads
    Legs: Legwraps of the Broken Beast
    Waist: Belt of the Pitiless Killer
    Hands: Sunreaver Assassin's Gloves

Food+Flask: Flask of Endless Rage + Rhino food
    Red sockets:20 ArP up to 735 , Agi after + JC gems etc.
    Yellow sockets: Agi/haste x5
    Blue socket: 10 stat gem x1

Dunno if it still holds up since warmane is forever on 3.3.5 regardless of content locks,and this list is old as dirt.

10. Hey man, thanks for the info really it's much appreciated !
    I was considering doing something very similar to that, but was thinking to get as much arp as possible not just stop at 735, so not sure maybe this is better.
    Also was thinking if i don't go full ARP to socket aggy/crit instead of agi/haste on yellow.
    Much food for thought, I am pretty new at the spec, and once again sorry for offtopic but I cannot seem to get any good info for feral and TOC.

11. Hey man, thanks for the info really it's much appreciated !
    I was considering doing something very similar to that, but was thinking to get as much arp as possible not just stop at 735, so not sure maybe this is better.
    Also was thinking if i don't go full ARP to socket aggy/crit instead of agi/haste on yellow.
    Much food for thought, I am pretty new at the spec, and once again sorry for offtopic but I cannot seem to get any good info for feral and TOC.
    That would be something like this i guess:

Head: Runetotem's Headguard of Triumph
    Neck: Collar of Unending Torment
    Shoulders: Runetotem's Shoulderpads of Triumph
    Chest: Vest of Shifting Shadows
    Waist: Belt of the Pitiless Killer
    Legs: Legguards of Cunning Deception
    Feet: Icewalker Treads
    Wrist: Bracers of Swift Death
    Hands: Sunreaver Assassin's Gloves
    Finger1: Planestalker Signet
    Finger2: Dexterous Brightstone Ring
    Trinket1: Death's Choice
    Trinket2: Banner of Victory
    Back: Sylvanas' Cunning
    Main Hand: Twin's Pact
    Idol: Idol of Mutilation

The main draw of this setup would be that it avoids the major issue with the previous set,that is potentially wasted Mjolnir procs(like worms burrow,proc right before massive crash,Jaraxxus flames,light/dark vortex,Anub burrow etc).

12. You only need to gem up to 735 arp, because with Mjolnir Runestone proc (665 arp) you get arp softcap wich is 1400 (100 % arp) during proc, no reason to gem beyond 735 arp

13. I don't really want to continue the offtopic anymore but I just wanna say that I cannot get the trinket and I'm using Banner instead and that is why I am considering full on ARP.
    Also once again thanks to @SilverFlash for his input I've taken some things into consideration.

14. Is feral cat really gear depend for good dps or can it do actualy good dps with triump emblems gear/HoR/PoS/FoS ?

We currently don't have any feral druids in our raid group and was wondering if it can be raid ready quick for ICC (frostmourne server)

15. You can do 8k dps on that gear if you are fully buffed on a static boss like DBS but you will never have arp cap (only on needle buff) which gives A LOT of dps.

First 12