1. Blood Sub-spec or Frost Sub-spec for unholy?

Should I spec into the blood Sub-spec (17/0/54)
    or into the frost Sub-spec (0/17/54) as an unholy dk from the start (fresh 80/lvling) .is blood Sub-spec really worth it?

2. Most guides will tell you that frost sub-spec is better but blood sub-spec works fine as well. There were some discussions about, but both should work fine. In blood sub-spec you can go with 14/0/57 so that you have reaper talent activated which gives death runes so a dps increase in the return.

3. I think blood sub-spec is good for low/fresh 80. Once you start nearing 2p/4p t9, you could consider switching to frost sub-spec.

4. To make use of "reaping" talent you must convert both blood runes into death runes, which may lead to losing "desolation" 5% dmg bonus. So you trade 2x blood strikes which keep buff up for one scourge strike. Kinda bad trade to be honest.
    And with "necrosis" and "blood-caked blade" talents you badly WANT to have all str and haste plus "black ice" bonuses from frost tree of talents

5. Desolation would be fine, plenty of time to refresh with extra SS, but anyway

simply go frost subspec. Window where blood subspec is kind-of-sort-of better is so brief in gearing process, it's not worth spending time on it.

6. I believe it was a blood Sub-spec without reaping, and so was the frost one. so should I go frost instead, tried blood one, didn't sit right imo

7. Desolation would be fine, plenty of time to refresh with extra SS, but anyway

simply go frost subspec. Window where blood subspec is kind-of-sort-of better is so brief in gearing process, it's not worth spending time on it.
    Do you think that extra strenght based on your armor is not something really good considering we wear plate? (I mean on the talent in blood tree).

8. It's not strenght, it's AP and any 5 talent points in frost will outweight this buff

9. Do you think that extra strenght based on your armor is not something really good considering we wear plate? (I mean on the talent in blood tree).
    My DK (6.2K) has 16063 armor, that's "only" 445 AP.

Frost sub-spec offers 10% dmg increase to frost and shadow dmg, 20% melee haste AND 4% increase to STR. Almost forgot 15% extra dmg to Frost Fever on top of that. Frost sub-spec's 20% melee haste helps to do dmg via Necrosis (AA's do 20% extra shadow dmg) and Blood-Caked Blade (30% chance to do 25% of weapon dmg plus 12.5% per disease) talents.
    Edited: January 23, 2021

10. Try both, whatever gives you more joy and easy time will be the winner. Just keep in mind when you change gear, the benefit form talents you pick up will change to , maby more effective or less. I prefer open world and BG's woth sub blood , but this is just me .

11. It will be winner only till ICC, somewhat like week or two. After this he'll have no other option but to use efficient spec > nobody wants to carry random dude and share loot.

12. ''To make use of "reaping" talent you must convert both blood runes into death runes, which may lead to losing "desolation" 5% dmg bonus.''
    Given that you should prioritize having desolation up and blood subspec is mostly taken on single target based fights (since frost sub destroys blood sub on AoE, no discussion here) you're never loosing desolation (or at least shouldn't.
    ''So you trade 2x blood strikes which keep buff up for one scourge strike. Kinda bad trade to be honest.''
    There are some certain gear stages or fights in which the extra SS is a dps increase.

13. ''Almost forgot 15% extra dmg to Frost Fever on top of that.''
    Plain and simply wrong, it's 15% increased Icy touch damage, not frost fever.
    ''Frost sub-spec offers 10% dmg increase to frost and shadow dmg, 20% melee haste AND 4% increase to STR.''
    Yes, yes, yes. Still, as I stated above, on certain gear and scenarios blood sub does better. And I'm talking as a huge fan of frost sub.