1. I dont remember the ehp calculation but I ve found this, https://rehfeld.us/wow/effective-health.html . At 50k hp and 40k armor, 1 stamina gives 37 eh, while armor gives 11 times more and getting 900 armor at that point increases eh from armor by 0.2 I think. So 60 stamina gives 2220 eh compared to 6549 eh from 885 armor (885 x 0,2 = 177stamina and 177 x 37 = 6549 eh.) And about head enchant, its just +8 stamina since rep enchant already gives +37 stamina so its not that great, I wouldnt pass +20 def rate at expense of 8 stamina even though Im never gemming for it.
    The 885 armor enchant also means losing Armsman, which, while not a great enchant on its own, I don't think the 885 armor by itself is enough to justify devoting a profession to. I guess it would then come down to how useful Nitro Boosts and Grenades are for a Prot Pally.

Enchants I usually go for:

Cloak: Mighty Armor
    Gloves: Armsman
    Chest: Powerful Stats
    Bracers: 40 Stamina
    Boots: 22 Stamina (2/2 Pursuit of Justice, so no need for Tuskarr's Vitality)
    Legs: 55 Stam/22 Agility
    Head: 37 Stam/20 Defense
    Shoulders: 20 Dodge/15 Defense
    Shield: Usually 18 Stamina, might try 5 all Resistances or 20 Defense
    Weapon: Crusader, reconsidering Blood Draining or Blade Ward, not a fan of Mongoose

2. What we get from bs/jc is pure 60 stamina, why not devoting for armor instead? Losing armsman is really nothing, that enchant is not good from start even, you can consider stamina loss from boots maybe but armsman? A big no. Anyway numbers showed that 885 armor is equal to 100 to 170 stamina depending on gear level (100ish around BiS and fully buffed.)

3. What we get from bs/jc is pure 60 stamina, why not devoting for armor instead? Losing armsman is really nothing, that enchant is not good from start even, you can consider stamina loss from boots maybe but armsman? A big no. Anyway numbers showed that 885 armor is equal to 100 to 170 stamina depending on gear level (100ish around BiS and fully buffed.)
    So Engineering at end-game is more EHP overall than any other profession then?

4. So Engineering at end-game is more EHP overall than any other profession then?
    From what I got, it loses value as gear improves but still better than any other proffession regardless of gear level. Compared to raw stamina what it provides near bis is 106stamina from calculation that I made.

5. From what I got, it loses value as gear improves but still better than any other proffession regardless of gear level. Compared to raw stamina what it provides near bis is 106stamina from calculation that I made.
    And instant mobility via Nitro Boosts, which I can imagine is a lifesaver in certain situations (such as being late on spore stacking during Festergut fight).

6. You overrate 4t10 bonus way too hard. Its no dmg reduction, no absorb, its just a little temporal avoidance that one shouldnt rely on. I agree that its better than nothing yet having it wont make any difference. As with upper post, if that %12 dodge chance was a passive that comes with divine plea, all the paladins would always aim for 4t10.
    alright ill rephrase it for your small brains, there is alot of situations where only a DODGE will save you from dying (esp in RS25HC) , the 12% dodge proc is almost FREE , you give up literally almost ****ing nothing for it, and yes it has a ****ton of uptime, 12% dodge for 10 second every 60 seconds, thats literally 12% dodge for free every 50 seconds , there is almost no difference in terms of armor/stam between 2p and 4p, the main difference was 2p reached melee hit cap, while 4p was a bit under (which u macro ur BVB to your taunt and youre fine)

there isnt any reason why you would skip a free defensive cd. you lose nothing.

7. Read twice, write once next time. You talk like that cd is going to save you when you activate while its only about luck, dodge may happen or not regardless of 4t10 bonus, a parry may save you aswell, you are just increasing dodge change by %12 for its duration, not granting yourself a guaranteed dodge. No tank would rely on rng to survive whether its free or not. Let me quote aswell what I wrote since you skipped totally in your rage as it seems.

I agree that its better than nothing yet having it wont make any difference.

8. Read twice, write once next time. You talk like that cd is going to save you when you activate while its only about luck, dodge may happen or not regardless of 4t10 bonus, a parry may save you aswell, you are just increasing dodge change by %12 for its duration, not granting yourself a guaranteed dodge. No tank would rely on rng to survive whether its free or not. Let me quote aswell what I wrote since you skipped totally in your rage as it seems.
    While I won't mismatch my sockets and sack the socket bonuses just to stack Stamina, I do agree that Armor and Stamina (EHP as we've been calling it) trump any sort of mitigation that relies on chance. This is an extreme example but if you have a 50% chance to dodge an attack but it has a chance of outright killing you, or a measly 10% chance to dodge an attack but you're guaranteed to survive it, which do you think the healer would prefer you have?

It's actually why I like using Sovereign Dreadstones in my red sockets. Strength gives you Block, which is chance based, but it also gives you Spellpower, which increases the HP of your Sacred Shield procs, and unless you have a Holy pally as your designated healer, your Sacred Shield bubbles are significant.
    Edited: March 4, 2021

9. Well you can justify about what it gives and socket bonuses, this and that, but in the end disregarding socket bonuses will make you more powerful and reliable. While it's not big difference, there will be underlying thought "this guy doesn't do simple thing to have most effective stats" in everyone who inspects you. You will get replaced with first dude who comes along. If you can deal with that, have at it, it's all good.

10. Well you can justify about what it gives and socket bonuses, this and that, but in the end disregarding socket bonuses will make you more powerful and reliable. While it's not big difference, there will be underlying thought "this guy doesn't do simple thing to have most effective stats" in everyone who inspects you. You will get replaced with first dude who comes along. If you can deal with that, have at it, it's all good.
    That would be very nitpicky and elitist, but so be it. I'm still getting pretty good Stamina from my hybrid gems and still using full stamina in my blue sockets, so it's not like I'm losing that much HP, maybe 500-1k at most (especially if the socket bonus is more Stamina), and I'm gaining other things from it.

It's the same with my weapon enchant. While it may not be BiS, I go with Crusader on a Prot Pally weapon because that 100 Strength converts into Spellpower for a Pally, which means more threat generation via Holy damage, more block, and a stronger Sacred Shield. Also because it apparently works at full effectiveness even beyond level 60.

Prot Pallies shouldn't underestimate Strength as a secondary mitigation stat.

11. Nothing is underestimated, it's simply sub-par.

p.s
    might want to check Crusader, if it really gives you 100 str

12. I remember surviving with 500hp on halion on heroic, you cant know how valuable that extra 500hp ever unless you experience it.

13. It's the same with my weapon enchant. While it may not be BiS, I go with Crusader on a Prot Pally weapon because that 100 Strength converts into Spellpower for a Pally, which means more threat generation via Holy damage, more block, and a stronger Sacred Shield. Also because it apparently works at full effectiveness even beyond level 60.

Prot Pallies shouldn't underestimate Strength as a secondary mitigation stat.
    Crusader is worthless enchant for lvl 80 tanking, it gets very big diminishing return both to heal and Str bonus. You've being deceived by tooltip to buff, but in reality it's somewhat like 10 stat bonus only. Even spellsurge to restore mana of healers seems to be more beneficial for tanking. Mongoose is very good cuz it's triple buff chant: 1. Dodge from Agi 2. Armor from Agi 3. Attack speed for more seal dmg > more aggro.
    Or you can stick with chants like Accuracy for Hit gains.

14. @Fmtansei armor difference is much bigger + gain additional stats and sockets from off-set legs and shoulders, which lets you get also both armor jewelery items and get even more EHP vs anti-dodge bosses.
    Avoidance stat is useful against large amout of weak strikes > OT stat, while as MT your goal is to reduce strenght of hits you are taking. Want avoidance to save you? Well, go and chant "Bladeward" on your weapon) get lots of parry every N-seconds.
    How dodge will save you if Hpala was dragged in FM room/valk or have to run away due to debuff on Halion? You want to pop your dmg reduction CD, not dodge boost that can't bring you over 51% chance to be considered reliable.

15. Crusader is worthless enchant for lvl 80 tanking, it gets very big diminishing return both to heal and Str bonus. You've being deceived by tooltip to buff, but in reality it's somewhat like 10 stat bonus only. Even spellsurge to restore mana of healers seems to be more beneficial for tanking. Mongoose is very good cuz it's triple buff chant: 1. Dodge from Agi 2. Armor from Agi 3. Attack speed for more seal dmg > more aggro.
    Or you can stick with chants like Accuracy for Hit gains.
    IMO, Mongoose is the least useful tanking enchant for a Prot Pally because of their rotation. They get virtually no benefit out of haste. I'd say it's more useful on a DK or Druid Tank using a two-hander.

I don't think anyone can argue that Blood Draining is the best Tank enchant because it's a smart heal that stays banked until you need it. It's like having an extra 2,000HP in reserve.

And it's particularly effective on a Prot Pally because of how it works in tandem with Ardent Defender.
    Edited: March 5, 2021

First ... 23456 Last