Hello to everyone reading this or who have encountered this problem already.

Since this month ( or maybe even earlier ), I understood that Tabards or Mounts that we can get through the Mercenary mode from the opposing Faction in Battlegrounds, got automatically replaced by the faction that the character originally is. At first glance, this looks normal because some items/tabards/mounts are faction specific for a reason. But as Mercenary mode was released, many people saw the chance to get hold of those items and many did exactly that. As an example, we could see for months how Alliance people were riding the Frostwolf Howler from Alterac Valley or Hordes - The Stormpike Battle Charger respectfully. I partially agree that the mounts should be obtainable only by the Horde/Alliance faction even though we are using Mercenary mode and can benefit from it, just like we can get Horde specific Achievements.

But my problem is not about the mounts or achievements. It's for a far mistreated purpose - completing Xmog sets, using a Horde specific Tabard that can be obtained only from Hordes - The Frostwolf Battle Tabard. Since Autumn last year, I discovered this precious tabard and thought about an extremely nice looking xmog that is based around its light-blue theme. Time passed by as I was farming and gathering the rest of the set pieces and weapons, only to see this month that it got replaced by its Faction counterpart ( even though i purchased it in autumn last year and it was staying in my bank with the rest of my xmog pieces ) - The Stormpike Battle Tabard. It goes without saying that the mount you can get from your opposing Faction has been removed as well, even though, again, people have bought it last year, probably as Mercenary mode was released in the server.

As my anger grew, I began to panic that I cannot complete my desired and well-thought-about xmog set. I tried to see if we can purchase the tabard or mount from the store as a last resolve. Unfortunately both of the items couldn't be found there as well. Most likely because of the original Faction that your character has.

That is why I'm asking kindly, to provide a solution to all of us, that have already made plans for those items. I am sure, that most of us have obtained them way before they got removed or taken away from us ( without any notice ) since the Mercenary mode was released. If the mount cannot be used by opposing Factions, maybe You can make an exception about the tabard. Since it doesn't benefit anything else rather than Xmog sets and visual effects, I believe that it won't be such a big problem.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the attention!

With kind regards,

Mortrred of Lordaeron