1. Dead aren't even dead anymore, meh. I like the old warcraft better.
    Gotta bring out the dead, because the new live ones aren't that interesting.

2. Oh yeah the lore is looking so great. They are not going to redeem Sylvanas at all
    Which is kinda ligical? All Sylvanas have been doing is because she is scared out of her mind, not that hard to believe there could be some redemption ark for her at the end.

People who don`t play it and read 1-2 negative things, are the first to shout "IT SUCKS".
    I feel like its just the kind of people who cant accept the game have change over the past 10 years and think everything modern about WOW sucks. Even if they dont play it they will **** on it.
    Edited: February 10, 2021

3. This expansion is total trash. Worst lauch ever.

4. All Sylvanas have been doing is because she is scared out of her mind, not that hard to believe there could be some redemption ark for her at the end.
    She sets Teldrassil on fire and kills thousands of her own people on a temper tantrum to "prove" she can kill hope. That wasn't done "because she is scared" and there's no redemption for a moron like her... barring Blizzard trying the magic of self **** extraction.

5. She sets Teldrassil on fire and kills thousands of her own people on a temper tantrum to "prove" she can kill hope. That wasn't done "because she is scared" and there's no redemption for a moron like her... barring Blizzard trying the magic of self **** extraction.
    By redemtion i mean she will probably help us at the end before she die, not that she will become good or something.

6. I feel like its just the kind of people who cant accept the game have change over the past 10 years and think everything modern about WOW sucks. Even if they dont play it they will **** on it.
    SL good, at some point it's close to WoTLK. Scaling issues exist, balance issue exist, covenant balance bad, ye, but rest pretty good. Valor points in 9.0.5, ez 220 ilvl gear with just one content - m+. No TF, WF gear. Alt friendly kinda, except Maw and covenant campaign.

I got false positive ban in prepatch. Even after such bad thing, SL still looks good for me (compared to WoD-BfA, MoP was last good expac imo).

7. SL is similar to WotLK. For example, the logo looks similar.

8. I'm playing on Shadowlands and it's been nice
    Blizz definitely listened to players plight in BFA and the product didnt disappoint

In BFA people had problems with having to go through entire storylines just to unlock essentials key features. Want to unlock vision of n'zoth assaults? finish the Campaign questline > naztajar questline > Nzoth questline

SL cuts unnecessary questing to 1/3 by having you pick a covenant and follow their story only
    They lock the storyline progression/features behind the renown system which is sort of like a covenant level and can only be leveled by doing other things like doing dungeons or raids. This helps players to progress in both character progression and game progression in reasonable fashion

Torghast is basically SL's version of horrific vision but it's HELLA FUN. it's always so exciting what anima powers im randomly given and how i can use it to cheese the dungeon. Imagine having x10 heroic leap and just jump around the dungeon skipping mobs

Rewards system was revamped to make it less RNG but offset it by making it hard
    Back in BFA the reward you get mythic+ is based on what your highest finished key you did for the week
    now, the reward is based on your lowest key on your progression, this makes it so people really push their key in all dungeons as high possible and not rely on being carried
    and instead of getting a random drop from the weekly chest, they give you a selection of items to pick, so its less RNG

I enjoyed BFA when it was out, I grinded mythic+ dungeon so hard (+20's Tol Dagor anyone?)
    but when I did try out SL I was pretty happy with the changes.

9. I went to GW2. Also playing singleplayer games like total wars and ck3.

I wouldn't touch retail wow anymore until they went some sort of f2p. That game is overated.

10. How can people unironically say that world of warcraft lore is good? This is the biggest questionmark regarding videogames that I have had in the past 10 years or so.

Like: How is having recicled old "lore"* for the past 4 expansions a good thing? Like some have said, the dead aren't dead anymore because they still can help the company sell. Where is their consistency?

*TBC remake (Legion)
    *Warcraft 3 TFT Minor races storylines (BFA)
    *Warcraft 3 orc history revision (Warchiefs of Draenor)
    *Wotlk remake (Shadowlands)

And I thought Cacaclysm was bad; Turns out atleast it was original.

I went to GW2. Also playing singleplayer games like total wars and ck3.

I wouldn't touch retail wow anymore until they went some sort of f2p. That game is overated.

Indeed lol, there are so many better options when it comes to MMO's, and the ones that had potential but never made it because Blizzard monopolized the genre. Imagine if Warhammer Online had reworked their wonky engine and added a third faction like they were attempting to do.

On a side note: Rome total war is unlimited gameplay if you count the vanilla ones plus the unlimited mods out there, try out the fourth age if you're also into the lord of the rings, guaranteed you'll enjoy it.
    Edited: February 15, 2021

11. I played it a bit yes. But not something I like. I find their system of ''mobs scaling in levels'' and so to be a complete garbage. I always do the same damage at any level over and over again. Whatever I do, I cannot make full combos because something is holding me back.

I tried to play Ret paladin and holy **** was it bad. You literally cannot spam abilities but must wait for the ''holy'' power. It just sucks. Pvp again isn't worth to activate at all and literally every class is somehow worse and not even feeling good when you play them. Tried warlock, same thing, you cannot spam everything you want like in wotlk and these expansions. You gotta fill those crystals so slowly.

I didn't even bother reaching max level as I lost complete interest in it. It is the same game over and over but just repacked somehow so you think it is new.

Edit: Also forgot to mention how Blizzard should stop milking Sylvanas already and making her an impossible to defeat boss. That is a huge pile of a garbage thing that they're doing.
    Edited: February 22, 2021

12. You guys comparing SL with WOTLK but they are two games released 10+ years apart.

The lore is amazing actually, because it explain how Helm of Domination and Shadowmourne were made. It explains WHO made them. It further explain why Arthas became evil. Did you not wonder who made those extremely powerful tools ? Or Arthas taking Shadowmourne from under some icy lake, was enough? xD
    Truth is , nothing can please everybody equally, there will always be people who appreciate and people who are never happy because they are stuck in the past wanting the same thing over and over but if something new is exactly the same as something old, is not good AGAIN because OMG lack of originality and copying.
    The dead were never dead in world of warcraft. When some war/pala combo sent your *** to GY, you resurrected, didnt you. It has always been like this and the idea of "heaven" and "hell" is not far fetched as it exists in real life as well.

Yes, blizzard isnt perfect and often ****s up but mostly because the audience is huge and everybody has a personal preference and is impossible to please everybody whilst trying to make profit, because guess what, its a business just like warmane. And businesses are made to make profit, not to entertain only.

13. I tried to play Ret paladin and holy **** was it bad. You literally cannot spam abilities but must wait for the ''holy'' power. It just sucks. Pvp again isn't worth to activate at all and literally every class is somehow worse and not even feeling good when you play them. Tried warlock, same thing, you cannot spam everything you want like in wotlk and these expansions. You gotta fill those crystals so slowly.
    Paladins feeling worst in PVP..... I will just leave this here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti8sC1G5KYA

14. Paladins feeling worst in PVP..... I will just leave this here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti8sC1G5KYA
    he probably didnt play it and says it sucks, they are very op as ever, imagine having a rotation and not 1 2 3

15. You guys comparing SL with WOTLK but they are two games released 10+ years apart.

The lore is amazing actually, because it explain how Helm of Domination and Shadowmourne were made. It explains WHO made them. It further explain why Arthas became evil. Did you not wonder who made those extremely powerful tools ? Or Arthas taking Shadowmourne from under some icy lake, was enough? xD
    Truth is , nothing can please everybody equally, there will always be people who appreciate and people who are never happy because they are stuck in the past wanting the same thing over and over but if something new is exactly the same as something old, is not good AGAIN because OMG lack of originality and copying.
    The dead were never dead in world of warcraft. When some war/pala combo sent your *** to GY, you resurrected, didnt you. It has always been like this and the idea of "heaven" and "hell" is not far fetched as it exists in real life as well.

Yes, blizzard isnt perfect and often ****s up but mostly because the audience is huge and everybody has a personal preference and is impossible to please everybody whilst trying to make profit, because guess what, its a business just like warmane. And businesses are made to make profit, not to entertain only.
    The real consensus is that in terms of lore, the entire story of wow shouldve ended with Legion and sargeras was considered the final baddy of the game. Now that sargeras was dealt with. WoW needs to take a rather proactive route to introduce new blood into the story.

and we did get interesting additions like bomswandi and first arcanist thalistra, retail wow players knows that sylvanas was merely a means to add something to the story rather than expand on what it had (which there arent a lot to work with)

The problem with some people especially in this forum is that there is more to the story than what you see on the surface, nobody talks about the story of Kleia and Pelagos or the story of the accuser and her past sins or even how Elune has a sister

First 1234 Last