1. Call to Arms changed or bugged ?

U used to have one BG with call to arms per day, cycling every 24 hours. Now there are days i just dont see any BG with Call to Arms active on it and when it does it gets stucked in the same BG for days (like right now it is stucked on Isle of Conquest for the past 3 days). What happened?

2. I don't know how it was suppose to work, but if you open the in-game calendar you can see that it is intentional.

3. I saw on calendar that yeah it changed, now its only on weekends and mondays and only one BG. That really sucks. The old system were much much better and im already seeing higher queue times because of this.

Do we had any announcement upon that change and why it was changed?

4. It's quite sad because now in lvl 70-79 bracket only wsg is played... And yeah also higher queue times.

5. I want to hear someone from the staff about this, whey they made this change.

6. It was simply corrected to now work as it did on retail. Players themselves have been stating that for over a month when a thread like this shows up.

7. U guyz should come up with a pool or something so people can give their opinion if that matters to warmane. The old system was much better with lower queue times and a variety of Call To arms on BGs during a weak leading to more variety on gameplay in general. Any change that aims towars reduced FUN is not good for the server IMO.

8. You're playing on a Wrath of the Lich King server.
    The change made it so it works the way it should on Wrath of the Lich King.

This can only be "a change that reduces fun" if you don't find the expansion to be fun.

9. Are we still going on with this "blizzlike" thing? Warmane is not blizzlike, never was and never will.

This change has negative impact on twinking brackets, as it clearly reduced amount of ppl interested in it. Amount of bgs played seems to be lower too. And honestly, it's nothing surprising, ppl don't want to play one bg over and over again for the whole weekend and then play WSG for the rest of the days. And before you reply with "nothing stops you to arrange other bgs by urself" I'm just a player, not GM, not dev, I can't communicate with all of the players even if I tried really hard to. On the other hand server can do it with close to no effort.
    If every day CTA inflates AH with too much gems, just cut the bonus honor gained on non-weekend CTAs. But please, let us have fun on different bgs every day like it was before.
    Edited: February 9, 2021

10. What an awful change. It was that custom change (or bug that went on for 4 years, yeye sure) that seperated Warmane from other servers when it comes to PvP.
    Everyday CTA made Warmane unique and fun for PvP. You never got bored, it was new BG everyday, and low level brackets were always running.

Now 10-70 level Bgs are totally dead. "unaivable" queue time even on peak times. I think in Warmane server description it says "Active BG activites on all levels" With CTA change I think Warmane should change that description aswell, since that is not true anymore.

Also the reason for change... If you don't know what it is all about, its usually about money.
    More CTA = more honor for players = less profit for warmane.

Solution would just to keep the CTA but disable bonus honor on everyday that is not weekend.

11. Are we still going on with this "blizzlike" thing? Warmane is not blizzlike, never was and never will.
    "-like

suffix
    changes a noun into an adjective meaning 'typical of or similar to'."

Regarding the impact on "twinking," my personal view is that the practice is an option, it's a style of gameplay that deviates from what the game expects you to do. It's allowed, of course, but the mechanics of the game shouldn't be changed to cater to it. You twink with the server "as is," or, in other words, it's twinking that has to fit within the server, not the server that has to make changes to accommodate twinking.

wilson, for when you come back: the tired "gReEdY wArMaNe" thing is a very bad idea on my watch; my tolerance with it ended long ago. If we wanted to make profit, we have dozens, if not hundreds of other ways to do it, which would be more profitable.

12. Regarding the impact on "twinking," my personal view is that the practice is an option, it's a style of gameplay that deviates from what the game expects you to do. It's allowed, of course, but the mechanics of the game shouldn't be changed to cater to it.
    Indeed, it's your personal view. And the not so old change of "game mechanics" to allow twinks to play rated arenas on all brackets proves that developers think otherwise.

Anyway, what is the purpose of this change beside being "blizzlike"? It did only harm to those ppl who twink (and it doesn't matter whether we are twinks or not, we support the server with donations as any other 80 and we demand to not be treated as some non important outcasts) with no positive sides to anyone else.

13. Indeed, it's your personal view. And the not so old change of "game mechanics" to allow twinks to play rated arenas on all brackets proves that developers think otherwise.
    And yet, as you say and contradict yourself on your second paragraph, this change affects twinks.

and it doesn't matter whether we are twinks or not, we support the server with donations as any other 80 and we demand to not be treated as some non important outcasts
    Spare me the drama. Not receiving special treatment != "being treated as some non-important outcasts." You are exactly as important as any other player, which makes you neither less, nor more. The reason, as per the reply that was given in the Bug Tracker when someone reported this as a bug, is that it's now working as it should.

For reference: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/99945

14. I agree with those saying this is a bad change. Activity in lower level brackets is way down across the board and instead of multiple bgs going at the same time it's usually about 1 and a half at peak times. Queue times are way up and it's now almost only wsg (which is fun for a while but gets old fast).

I've spoken to a lot of people (admittedly mostly horde) and nobody likes this change. Some have stopped playing altogether.

I understand the developers want to be blizzlike but imo the daily cta was one of the best features of warmane. Please consider reverting this change.
    Edited: February 9, 2021

123 Last