1. Why do almost every dk is unholy?

Hi so i wanted to know why almost every dk is an unholy dk?

2. Because it's nice and chill to play, high dps, required in raids. DK tanks have talons, so Frost dps kind of optional in raids these days. Some time ago there was some mechanical problems with server(due covid player spikes), that made Frost unplayable, everyone respeced to UH and never went back. Also SM.

3. Some selected few drops frost and starts playing uh and rest of the realm follows their example. Uh is better than frost, with sm and near bis gear but the buff it brings is not unique for most bosses (ebon plaguebringer is provided by boomkin and spriest I think, the difference that uh brings is to apply it to area rather than single target with diseases and aoe spells.). Other thing is frost buff is usually provided by the blood dk tank so it lowers their value aswell.

4. Some selected few drops frost and starts playing uh and rest of the realm follows their example. Uh is better than frost, with sm and near bis gear but the buff it brings is not unique for most bosses (ebon plaguebringer is provided by boomkin and spriest I think, the difference that uh brings is to apply it to area rather than single target with diseases and aoe spells.). Other thing is frost buff is usually provided by the blood dk tank so it lowers their value aswell.
    this statement is misleading in many ways.
    1 - Ebon plague in fact IS unique debuff cuz no other class in game is capable of AoE debuff for +13% magic damage increase with 1 button click.
    2 - And no, third class capable of +13% magic damage debuff is warlock, not SP. And neither of these two classes (boomkin / warlock) can apply mass debuff.

5. Why ppl keep bringing up this "unique" AoE debuff on UH? It doesn't matter at all in boss fights.
    LK? You have plague for ghouls & shamblings.
    LDW? Hp pool of mobs is to low to need 13% dmg bonus.
    PP? You single-target oozes.
    DBS? Well, they can spread it only by accident, cuz don't want to "break" rotation + chance to take aggro from beast

6. Well it is well worth to have Uh in a raid just for Ebon. Every Uh will spread diseases(beasts/valks/ragings/embers/whatever) since that will be way greater dps boost than "perfect rotation". There are time-critical situations where +13 on all targets is better than anythng any other class can do.

Combine that with personal dps in top range - you have a spec that has guaranteed slot in raid.

7. this statement is misleading in many ways.
    1 - Ebon plague in fact IS unique debuff cuz no other class in game is capable of AoE debuff for +13% magic damage increase with 1 button click.
    2 - And no, third class capable of +13% magic damage debuff is warlock, not SP. And neither of these two classes (boomkin / warlock) can apply mass debuff.
    Misleading how exactly? Its the same buff and I already stated that the difference is just aoe appliance. For lod and halion you can bring one uh for embers and valkries yet people bring uh for almost every raid regardless of halion25hc or lod while thinking like that its a must have unique buff.
    Edited: February 14, 2021

8. Why ppl keep bringing up this "unique" AoE debuff on UH? It doesn't matter at all in boss fights.
    Can you just stop trying to play these games?
    "doesn't matter at all"
    Go ahead and tell me what the other dps DKs and SPriests think about that. Go ask them. Tell them you're not going to invite an Unholy DK to the raid because you think their debuff "doesn't matter at all".

9. Can you just stop trying to play these games?
    "doesn't matter at all"
    Go ahead and tell me what the other dps DKs and SPriests think about that. Go ask them. Tell them you're not going to invite an Unholy DK to the raid because you think their debuff "doesn't matter at all".
    You are twisting my words for reason i don't know...

What i said, is that pointing out AoE side of this debuff is pointless. That's all. So when ppl make raid, they can skip DK and take someone more useful, choose from boomie or demolock aswel.
    But ofc you had to bust in and play "white-knight" card, while barely understanding message that you've quote.

10. ALSO.
    Judging by this twisted logic of yours, i can say that Arms Warrior is a must for hc raids aswell, cuz it aply 4% physical dmg, 30% bleed bonus and attack speed slow to trigger TTW of mages with one button for all these things, having strongerst AoE burst of all melee classes (SS + BS).
    Exact same logic my dear, right?

11. Youa re drunk,
    combat and feral covers those with higher burst and sustained than arms can ever do.

Multitarget aspect of 13% I'd say is way more valuable than 30% disease damage(and Uh gives both), not even counting relevant scenarios on bosses, but just simply reducing total runtime of the raid(clearing trash takes time too). There is 0 reason to take 3rd boomie or second warlock, there is enough utility, everything is covered and they fall behind UH DPS wise too.

So 13% spread is desired in every raid, it's a legit selling point.

12. @angrylol
    My point was same as dk spread - arms do such spread with same one button. That's all.
    And ofc i'm telling it with same subject of not stacking same things in raid like 3 UH dk/boomie etc.
    I never denied usefulness of debuffs amd dmg, but everything comes down to raid composition

13. Mmm nop, Arms can't do that - limited targets. Who does that is Combat with one FoK tough.

And I guess 30% Disease damage is somewhat comparable with 30% Bleed on AoE situations. But carrying Arms for this one unique(if you don't have Guardian with Mangle spread CD), thing. I guess even that is not unique. But Ebon Plague spread - no one can do that except UH.

14. Just Thunder Clap and you have it)
    And i was joking about arms

15. Frost is a lot more complicated to play than unholy, but does a lot more DPS. It's a trade-off, as well as unholy giving certain bonuses for casters+insane aoe damage. It depends really on what you prefer and what you want out of the game when playing a DK

123 Last