1. bad dps or do I have a future?

Hello everyone, I have a new question about my lock.

I have read many guides on the different specializations, I know which affliction is the one with the highest dps and demonology the preferred one for raids.

But what I really like is destruction, I don't have much skill and I think I can use this well, everywhere I read that it is the one with the lowest dps, but how much less?

Because if it's just a little bit, I'd rather bring destruction and know that I'm doing well than using affliction and doing everything wrong.

If I carry destruction, will I be condemned to the last positions of the dps tables? I don't intend to be in the top 3, but I also don't want to always be the dps who competes with the tanks and healers in the last positions.

Thanks for ur help and sorry for my english.

2. Listen friend, don't get discouraged.

Affliction warlocks are very gear dependent. What is your current gear, are you aware that certain builds require certain item sets as set bonuses really boost that specific Talent build.

To maximize your dps output there are 2 possible options in front of you are:
    Build your talents around your gear
    Get your gear around your talents.

And no Destro warlocks will not be in the bottom of the dps list, but if you are comparing yourself to fully bis characters and you are not fully bis then you can bbe damn sure you won't match their dps.

3. Naah, Destruction will not be on the bottom of the dps list.
    They will not get to dps, because no one invites them.

4. Man, just use what you like. If you like destruction then go for it. I used affliction all the way ever since level 1, like someone mentioned above it's very gear dependent, so you can already imagine my bad dps at low gs. Destruction is lowest dps at BiS gear if compared to the other specs, but it's not THAT low.

People just don't use it because they are biased by other people telling them it's a **** class (at least for pve). If you know your stats and rotation correctly, you can probably out-dps another warlock spec (that's not a bis gear). Now, good luck getting into raids as destro though

5. People just don't use it because they are biased by other people telling them it's a **** class (at least for pve). If you know your stats and rotation correctly, you can probably out-dps another warlock spec (that's not a bis gear). Now, good luck getting into raids as destro though
    Well, Affliction does great DPS, albeit being gear dependent. Demo brings SP buff to whole raid, and it's final phase DMG is crazy (or if you can keep up Decimation going via other means). I don't remember what Destro would offer to raid, so I guess that's one reason it's not often considered to be taken into raids. If it doesn't bring anything useful to raid, and its DPS isn't anything beyond other specs, why would people take Destro?

Play what you want, but understand it's like shooting your own leg(s), when you try to run to the top of the BiS hill.

6. May 6, 2021  
    I am bis on all 3 specs and as destro I am doing around 13-15k DPS which is like the max DPS you can expect from destro. Demo and Affl are like atleast 3-4k DPS above destro if you can play them.

7. May 8, 2021  
    Didn't play for like a year here, but din't find any warlock changes also -_- So my exp can still be close to the truth. Any dps class from any spec can beat 15k.
    And difference between affli destro demo is not 4k for sure.
    There is a pug run with 17, also i had better results with guild runs, but boss dies way too fast there (so every class dps will be increased). Compare to other specs: with affli it was smth like 19k, and 18.5 as demo. So difference is not so high, also my gear was not bis (u can reach more with trading some haste for crit).
    _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TstXKHXSAOc
    So feel free to play whatever u like, but u have ez way of joining groups with higher requirements than u currently have as demo, no idea why not to use it.

8. May 15, 2021  
    Didn't play for like a year here, but din't find any warlock changes also -_- So my exp can still be close to the truth. Any dps class from any spec can beat 15k.
    And difference between affli destro demo is not 4k for sure.
    There is a pug run with 17, also i had better results with guild runs, but boss dies way too fast there (so every class dps will be increased). Compare to other specs: with affli it was smth like 19k, and 18.5 as demo. So difference is not so high, also my gear was not bis (u can reach more with trading some haste for crit).
    _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TstXKHXSAOc
    So feel free to play whatever u like, but u have ez way of joining groups with higher requirements than u currently have as demo, no idea why not to use it.
    duuude, how can you see anything with the interface

9. May 19, 2021  
    Hm, i expected something about overcapped haste more than inteface discussion ^_^

10. I feel like Destro is the intended raid DPS spec and should be highest damage output with Demo being a secondary lock utility spec for raids. Puzzles me that Affliction would be the highest as it seems to be more for PVP.