1. A different type of Cross-realm

How about instead of allowing players from all realms to join in arena teams, you restrict those from Lordaeron, since it is clearly a difference in gear from all sides, and it's not really fair for a low gs player from Lorda to be merged against a full bis war/ret, or any other class for that matter from Icecrown or Blackrock. Giving that we all know some of the player base uses "specail advantages" in arenas to gain the upper hand.
    How about you allow cross realm joining in regards to dungeons instead?

2. Dungeons are different. They have the difficulty increased on Lordaeron and I think on Frostmourne too. And about arenas, it has been discussed before. I don't think is going to change any time soon.

3. More brackets were introduced to Battlegrounds weeks ago. People from all servers have given positive feedback, just mentioning that queue times increased by a bit now, which is unavoidable when you spread the player base further like that. The only complain was about the highest bracket, and it wasn't about gear imbalance, but that it's where all premades play. Unless that's where you're playing - and then you'd have an iLevel within the same range - what you're saying goes against what all other players have reported.

About doing it for Dungeons, it isn't even about what Amdus says, but that it would be pretty pointless to make it cross-servers.

4. How about you allow cross realm joining in regards to dungeons instead?
    please please never even think about doing this.

5. More brackets were introduced to Battlegrounds weeks ago. People from all servers have given positive feedback, just mentioning that queue times increased by a bit now, which is unavoidable when you spread the player base further like that. The only complain was about the highest bracket, and it wasn't about gear imbalance, but that it's where all premades play. Unless that's where you're playing - and then you'd have an iLevel within the same range - what you're saying goes against what all other players have reported.

About doing it for Dungeons, it isn't even about what Amdus says, but that it would be pretty pointless to make it cross-servers.
    Have the Staff ever considered to make the cross-realm optionable?
    Like, i want it for faster que, i turn it on on website. I don't want it, I take longer queues but get in bgs only with players of my server.

6. Have the Staff ever considered to make the cross-realm optionable?
    Like, i want it for faster que, i turn it on on website. I don't want it, I take longer queues but get in bgs only with players of my server.
    The thought most certainly came up, but it didn't go further than that as far as I'm aware.

Let's be frank, though: if such option existed we might as well remove the whole system. Not because players are negatively affected by it as a whole, but due to the perception that it's "unfair" to go against people who got the gear in a different manner - even when the gear is inside the same threshold - or that people from server X "are all trash" or other similar things. People would turn it off to have reduced competition, in blunt terms.

The only complain I see as valid is about being matched with people that have much better gear, and even then only to some extent (it's natural that there will be people with better gear until you have all of the best, cross-server just increases the amount of people with said better gear after all). But that's something that is being addressed with the aforementioned multiple brackets, and is still being watched so they can be fine tuned.

7. When you introduce a system but don't let people opt out because you are afraid most people would opt out that says a lot of the system.

8. When you confuse pragmatism with fear it says a lot about your bias.

9. Saying that it is a "perception" that it is unfair to be matched against players who got relentless gear for free is a dismissal of a completely valid argument.

I am not going to pretend I am in the majority (although I may be) but I would rather see cross-realm off—and I'm an Icecrown player! Imagine how people from Lordaeron or Frostmourne must feel.

Cross-realm is a bad idea because it mixes together players with different philosophies and who have had to put different amounts of effort (and, in the case of Blackrock, different routes) to get their gear. It seems a bandaid for dwindling population numbers that serves the staff more than it serves the players.

10. As I've said in a different thread, amount of effort is irrelevant - or at least it should be for people truly interested in competing. Complaining that someone else got it easier is a cop out. If you fight someone with the same gear as you and you're better, you will win; if they are better, you will lose. How they got the gear won't change that, the effort you put in your gear won't save you if they are better.

But thanks for exemplifying what I said here: people would turn it off just to avoid the competition.

11. In the forum there are many takes that have nothing to do with that and that I don't need to copy and paste myself: https://forum.warmane.com/showthread...32#post3100332

Cross-realm and mercenary were launched to solve problems that did not exist back when we played in pre-moltdown's Lordaeron—why are these things suddenly an issue?

12. You must have a very scientifically-interesting selective memory if you truly only remember issues with queue times existing recently. What did change "suddenly" (as in, over the last few years) was that with even larger populations the problem just got increasingly worse.

13. Interesting idea, however we all know some players use special things to get an advantage in pvp, i've tested this idea over several realms, and some bis chars just love to spam through walls with smourn, or have a little bit more dps than the class would allow witouth any special skill. I've been playing holy paladin for over 10 years, and i'd like to think that i know a bit about the class. And NEVER on any server i've played(they were a lot) have i ever had a warrior on the same gear as me literally pressure me to the point that i'm draining my mana just to heal myself in 1v1 as i see here. I literally could not keep myself no matter how much loss i would do

14. Interesting idea, however we all know some players use special things to get an advantage in pvp, i've tested this idea over several realms, and some bis chars just love to spam through walls with smourn, or have a little bit more dps than the class would allow witouth any special skill. I've been playing holy paladin for over 10 years, and i'd like to think that i know a bit about the class. And NEVER on any server i've played(they were a lot) have i ever had a warrior on the same gear as me literally pressure me to the point that i'm draining my mana just to heal myself in 1v1 as i see here. I literally could not keep myself no matter how much loss i would do
    New players, and those that aren't very arena oriented just see the tip of the iceberg. But when you have a decent amount of experience and especially if you play casters, you quickly notice that there is something wrong with warriors, specifically from those that come from Blackrock.

Blackrock is presented as a pvp realm to the outside world, but in reality is a testing site, and it shouldn't come as a surprise; After all, you can instantly do arenas with a few clicks and have almost end-game gear after logging in. What do they lose from a ban?

15. As I've said in a different thread, amount of effort is irrelevant - or at least it should be for people truly interested in competing. Complaining that someone else got it easier is a cop out. If you fight someone with the same gear as you and you're better, you will win; if they are better, you will lose. How they got the gear won't change that, the effort you put in your gear won't save you if they are better.

But thanks for exemplifying what I said here: people would turn it off just to avoid the competition.
    I agree with this, however this usually arent the situations people complain about. The real issue people are having is when they are the one who plays better and put more time into their character, but simply still get outgeared because despite putting more time into their character, the worse playing enemy has enough of a gear advantage through the different ways of getting geared to still win. For example getting to a blackrock starter gear level on lordaeron requires a lot more time and effort than getting to 6k on blackrock. But beating a 6k arena team as 5.5k arena team requires you to be playing a lot better. If you just play a bit better and then inevitably lose, I can see why people get frustrated over that.

12 Last