1. Prot Pala PvP Item Combos

Hello,

So i asked many prot paladins about the item combinations and none of them knew the answer...

What is the best item combo for Prot Paladin in PVP?

Tier 10 PvE head + T10 hands + PvE legs or

Tier 10 PvE head + T10 shoulders + PvE hands?

2. Not playing prot pvp but I d vote for hands + shoulder mainly because of losing less stats and only 2 pieces not 3.

3. you dont use t10 2p, yes the ds reset is nice, but prot pvp doesnt use dstorm talent kekw, you go all the way in ret tree to get Sheath of Light and then u go in prot tree to get reckoning

4. What are you two talking about?

I am talking about PROTECTION Paladin PVP spec not RETRIBUTION HYBRID PALADIN.

5. My post was for pure prot pvp from start, shoulder and gloves gives the least stats among the set pieces regardless of pve/pvp and since you want crit/str mainly for pvp, you may want to minimize your loss from using 2t10. If you are planning to use vdw dps legs its fine but if you are thinking of using marro tank legs, you ll waste a lot of stat by not getting wrathful piece instead.

6. Depends on the stats you lack and how you want to work out your offpieces.

T10 gloves give hit.
    T10 legs give expertise.
    Both T10 helm and shoulders give Parry and Dodge.

PvE shoulders give Hit.
    PvE gloves give Haste.
    PvE legs give Haste.

If you can cap hit with offpieces and you dont care about expertise, T10 helm and shoulders with PvE gloves are the way to go.
    If you lack hit, you can get it with PvE shoulders and T10 gloves.
    If you want some extra expertise, you can get it with T10 legs.

It is a matter of which items you have at the moment and how much of which stat you want, from my point of view (do you want to max out Strength, or do you want some extra Resilience, or god knows what).

T10 shoulders make you skip the Wrathful ones, but so do PvE shoulders with hit.

These are the highest prot paladins I found at the moment on ladder:
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/summary
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/summary

P.S. I did not play Prot Paladin in arena, just for BGs and some funny two shots back in the days, but overall the build "Vandaris" uses seems to be the best overall.
    You could maybe use Wrathful wrist and LDW 60 hit neck for a bit more resilience, but you lose some Strength in the proces and arp which you kinda dont need.
    If you dont care about resilience, you might as well use Coldwraith Links like "Normanritter"...
    I dont know which resilience rating is the sweet spot for Prot Paladin.

7. you dont use t10 2p, yes the ds reset is nice, but prot pvp doesnt use dstorm talent kekw, you go all the way in ret tree to get Sheath of Light and then u go in prot tree to get reckoning
    Wrong set, buddy. The 2 set for Protection is a 20% bonus to Hammer of the Righteous damage. That's a huge gain on the hardest hitting spell a Prot Paladin has.
    Also, Sheath of Light "preg" spec is NOT the same as Prot PvP. Stop pretending that they are.
    All of this information should have been obvious from just the opening post alone.

"kekw"

Hello,

So i asked many prot paladins about the item combinations and none of them knew the answer...

What is the best item combo for Prot Paladin in PVP?

Tier 10 PvE head + T10 hands + PvE legs or

Tier 10 PvE head + T10 shoulders + PvE hands?
    Personally, I've always went the route of;

T10: Hands/Chest (Bonus Armor)
    Wrathful: Helm/Legs
    Shoulders -> Tank PvE shoulders for hit

Or just full PvE damage (Ret items) pieces in Helm/Legs/Shoulders slots for raw damage.

Whether or not it's advisable for arena, I can't say, since I had only stomped people with it in wpvp/bgs. The first for a tankier build, the second for a setup I was using to oneshot people. Bonus armor may not be the way to go in arena, especially if the current meta is caster heavy. I just like armor.

8. Since none of you know the answer and the true combo a pro Prot Pala told me the best items for prot pala in PvP for arena and solo Que.

Thanks all who participated in this debate. :D

9. @Fi40

I am actually curious to see which one is the best build.
    Do you mind sharing? :D

10. Since none of you know the answer and the true combo a pro Prot Pala told me the best items for prot pala in PvP for arena and solo Que.

Thanks all who participated in this debate. :D
    I'm not sure what you were expecting. It's not exactly a top tier competitive build.

11. I have tried going with 3/5 wrath + 2 prot pieces and ret offparts, going 2 set t10 and head and pants t9 for both the bonus on shield block from the two t9 pieces and t10 set bonus , and finally 5/5 wrathfull with pve ret offparts.

What i ended up prefering is going 5/5 wrathfull and pve offparts(still use wratfull belt though its better imo). I end up with around 900 resi and a lot of dmg. It works well in both arenas and bgs, and you actually do more consistend dmg than going with the two pve offparts. Thats personal preference though.

On a side note, the most hard hitting for bg fun is going head and pants t9(they give shield block for huge shield of righteousness dmg), go hands and shoudlers t10 for the set bonus and use ret chest. Go full strenght offparts(no umbrage and agi rings). Also using a slow weapon ends up with more burst so consider using havoc's main hand.

My prot pala is pyrakmon in icecrown(horde) if you want to wisp in game or check my armory. If you see my armory and im wielding bloodsurge is because my other spec is reckoning.

12. I personally preffer T10 hands and shoulders prot since they give the least stats and I like having a bit of extra hit against those pesky elves. I use cloak and neck PVE because PVP counterparts offer no strength, apocalypse advance since it gives insane str, and belt and bracers PVP because their overall stats are better than PVE, since you gain both str and resil, oh and also PVE ring skeleton circle for some exp (the other option is blight which isn't so good because of arp).

13. Bro you basically get all items that you would get for Retribution pvp and 2t10 for that set bonus and that's pretty much it. Then you go full protection tree talent + some of retribution.

It's a fine spec and you deal strong damage. You can kill people in seconds but sadly someone who has 100% arp will still melt you even through resillence. I'm talking about Combat rouges... they can go full pve and melt you to dust unless you kill them first. I tried this on my own made wotlk server.