1. Hello, thanks for that amazing pack! Its possible to change the dudu tree of life form to the original one? I can not find it on the patch files. Thanks

2. Any chance you can add old gargoyle for DK? dont like the new one

3. keeps crashing

The Ultimate WotLK Graphics Boost
    by truekripp

Introduction

Hello lovely people. I'm truekripp. I'm here to give you everything you need to know about updated models on the WotLK client.
    I'm a veteran here on Warmane. Been part of the community since June 2011.

So, I've had a lot of questions about the upgraded models that I use on my machine.
    I've had my fair share of having fun trying to increase the FPS and the graphics on the WotLK client, while trying to push the engine as far as it can go. I've also done some minor editing with MPQ files.

When Warmane released their new WotLK client I was quite happy at first, but it quickly turned into a bad mouthtaste. The "new" grpahical upgrade that Warmane had release was MASSIVE and had way too many issues.
    I'm not sure if this has been updated, but it used to bug out quite a bit. One of the biggest issues was the sheer size of the thing(that's what she said). This put a massive toll on the engine, and started making the game crash on several occasions. Massive lag spikes was another issue that could not be fixed, no matter how I looked at it.

So.. I decided to dig a little deeper into the modding community and have found quite a few files that I've put together, to present the game in a more polished state, with less of a strain on the engine, than the "New Client".
    I have to be honest, if you are using a potato PC. Please don't blame me. This will be somewhat expensive, compared to what you're used to with the (old)WotLK client. If you have any issues, try turning shadows down to 0. It'll help.

Have any issues, glitches or the like? Use the enGB/enUS client. (English client & English Language)
    English client/language is a requirement, and has been the issue for several people.
    I thought this would be obvious as we are altering with certain files which won't work on a different client language.

Please read through everything before you ask any questions.

Thanks to Repost for going through the files, to see if anything went against Warmane TOS.

Let's get started.

What's in it for you?
    Spoiler: Show
    Time to clear the waters. These files are not just adding a couple new textures.
    + Most monsters have updated models. Lions on the svannah, dragons in their lair, nagas in the waters.
    + Mount models and druid forms
    + This is not just a tiny upgrade, but a massive change in the setting of the game
    + Almost every NPC model has been updated to use the Legion models. Including humanoid NPCs(Guards, Kings etc)
    + Every playable race has been through the grinder. Even goblins had a facelift
    + New tilesets, makes most of the ground textures look much better
    + More detail on grass. New models for buildings
    + Sun effects - much more vibrant and extreme sun in the game world
    + Blood splatters, when fighting enemies. Colored blood for specific races/NPCs
    + More detailed classic Armors. Resolution for classic armors is doubled, making them much sharper
    + HD Slime & Lava
    + HD Tree textures
    + More Music in the world
    + New Shadowlands Login Screen
    + New Character Selection/Creation Screen
    + Classic and TBC dungeon maps
    + ReShade Installation Guide

Let's just say, you'll either love it or hate it.

What isn't in my package?
    - Procedural Water for 3.3.5a
    - Darker Nights
    - ENBs

Download & Installation

Download Links
    All-In-One
    [Main] Torrent Link

*Outdated MEGA
    *Outdated Google Drive

Individual Links
    Patch 4
    Patch 5
    Patch 8
    Patch D
    Patch F
    Patch G
    Patch H
    Patch L
    Patch S
    Patch T
    Patch W
    Patch X
    Patch Y
    Dungeon Maps

Remove patch-W, and use only ONE - Patch-6, Patch-7 or Patch-9

Water Patch (Will NOT work with my full download list)

All three water patches include Slime/Lava

Table of Content
    patch-4.MPQ - Music
    patch-5.MPQ - Music
    patch-8.MPQ - High Resolution Classic Armors
    patch-D.MPQ - HD Goblins
    patch-F.MPQ - Mounts, Druid forms & NPCs Part 1(won't work without P2)
    patch-G.MPQ - Mounts, Druid forms & NPCs Part 2(won't work without P1)
    patch-H.MPQ - HD Character Models
    Patch-L.MPQ - Character Selection Screen, Login Screen & HD Character Icons
    patch-M.MPQ - Loading Screens
    patch-S.MPQ - Sunlight
    patch-T.MPQ - Tilesets, Grass & Buildings
    patch-W.MPQ - HD Lava/Slime(no water)
    patch-X.MPQ - HD Trees & Flowers
    patch-Y.MPQ - Blood Splatters
    Dungeon Maps - Classic & TBC Dungeon Maps

Patch-6.MPQ - Water Patch 1 - Includes HD Lava/Slime
    Patch-7.MPQ - Water Patch 2 - Includes HD Lava/Slime
    Patch-9.MPQ - Water Patch 3 - Includes HD Lava/Slime

Credit goes to Asorty for going through the individual files.

Loading Screens, Login Screens & Classic Dungeon Maps(Part of the Main File)

Installation
    Models
    Once you have downloaded the Data.7z folder, unpack it into your World of Warcraft directory. It should NOT overwrite anything. Copy/Paste the contents of the AddOns folder into your Interface/AddOns folder. These are essential for the Classic/TBC Dungeon Maps to appear in the game.
    There should be no issues with it.
    Remember to make a back-up of your Data Folder in case you break something.

If you choose to download each and every file individually, move every single MPQ file into your Data folder, located inside your World of Warcraft folder.

ReShade Installation Guide

Installing ReShade
    Head over to ReShade, scroll all the way down and click Download ReShade 4.9.1

Run the new .exe file you just downloaded and click on "Click here to select a game and manage its ReShade installation"(option 1)

Click "Browse" and find your wow.exe(inside your World of Warcraft folder)

Choose "OpenGL" when it asks you which rendering API WoW uses.

Last choice is about the effects you'd like.
    Click "Ok" to all the packages you chose(you can sort them as you wish)

Congratulations, you have completed the installation of ReShade!

Once you have opened up your game, you can simply press "Home" on your keyboard to bring up the menu.

Image examples with "Magic HDR" enabled/disabled

Macros
    More grass, longer view distance, dense spell effects.

Step 1. Create two macros and copy/paste this into them. You can't fill everything into one macro.

Macro 1
    /console overridefarclip 1
    /console farclip 1600
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console groundeffectdensity 256
    /console groundeffectdist 140
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console characterAmbient
    /console extshadowquality 4

Macro 2
    /console environmentDetail 2
    /console spelleffectlevel 100

Step 2. Don't change your graphics settings. If you do, you NEED to use the macros again. They will persist through relog/restart, as long as you don't touch your graphics settings.

Comparison

Spell Effects Level
    Grass Density

My personal macro
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console groundeffectdensity 256
    /console groundeffectdist 140
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console spelleffectlevel 80

This will take a toll on your FPS.

Uninstallation
    Simply delete the MPQ files listed under "Table of Content", and the game should go back to normal.

Experiencing crashes? Try this
    Large Address Aware doubles the amount of RAM your game client can run, before it crashes.
    Many players are experiencing RAM crashes. This is most likely not due to your setup, but the game engine itself.
    Warmane is massively populated and this takes a toll on the engine while being near a big population like Dalaran City.

Make sure you remove Read Only in properties of your World of Warcraft folder.

Download and follow the guide on TechPowerUp

CREDIT GOES TO
    Finsternis
    Leeviathan
    Nicola
    Inico
    Trimitor
    - Classic/TBC maps in English - Original thread

I will take NO credit for any of the work done in this post.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this post.
    If you didn't find what you were looking for, please do comment. Tell me what is missing. Even if you do, I'd apprecate to hear your words!
    Have a good one.

Kind regards

truekripp

its not stable though "out of memory" i got up my *** 16gb

4. Is reshade installed with the all in one download link?

5. Any chance you can add old gargoyle for DK? dont like the new one
    I can not. You have to do the changes on your own.

its not stable though "out of memory" i got up my *** 16gb
    It's the engine. Read the "Experiencing crashes? Try this" part.

Is reshade installed with the all in one download link?
    All in one does not have ReShade installed. That's something you need to do yourself.
    But the installation is fairly easy. ReShade is also very personal, hence having to do your own installation.
    What I like, might not be something you'd like.

6. ive been using this and works well for me, how can i change the game loading screen from SL ones to the bottem left outland one?

7. May 6, 2023  
    Hello, i need to know if there is a way to put this mod pack in spanish. Like changing the enUS to esES.

8. May 8, 2023  
    How do i install the dungeon maps?

9. May 8, 2023  

10. May 12, 2023  
    This makes the game look so much better!

I do have one problem, though. When I take off my Death Knight's helmet, the texture from the helmet that obscures the face is still there so she just has a black smudge all over her face.
    Do you use one of the Death Knights specific faces? I think in the future versions one of those faces removed. I use one of those skins and yes, my female Death Knight's face is also dark.

11. May 12, 2023  
    Do you use one of the Death Knights specific faces? I think in the future versions one of those faces removed. I use one of those skins and yes, my female Death Knight's face is also dark.
    You know what, I think there is something wrong with the file. I found another version of it and it fixed my DK's black face. Just replace your "PATCH-H.MPQ" with character models from here: https://github.com/Marotheit/A-Guide...e-WotLK-Client

12. May 18, 2023  

lo canseguiste cmabiar?

Is reshade installed with the all in one download link?
    lo canseguiste cmabiar?

13. May 18, 2023  
    lo has conseguido cambiar de idioma?

14. May 29, 2023  
    are the Mega and Drive files (*outdated) functional?

15. May 29, 2023  

First ... 122021222324 ... Last