Hi all,
i haven't found discussion about it and would like to ask you about best partner for balance druid.
I played a lot arcane mage (bit frost as well) and with balance druid it was quite nice comp (but i think fire suits here really well, since AoE big dmg when polymorph is on 'cd' and we mustn't care for breaking cc with starfall/living bomb ).
The ones of most important issues with balance in arena are:
-lack of cc: only cyclone which is great-makes target immune to heal, so can be used to prevent heal and doesn't break taking damage (especially useful alongisde starfall); and situational roots and hibernate
-great burst, in particular when starfall's on (but, as mentioned above, it breaks, other than cyclone, cc on targets nearby which is in a lot of situations huge relevant). On the other hand when we're focused and it's hard time to cast, our possibilities are much restricted.
-in my opinion best heal in game considering dps classes
-average survivability.
I contemplate only dps partners (cause balance has almost 0 chances to kill 1v1 healers, and even supported by healer-partner our odds are still awful). Mostly i consider:
-mage (as above) - great burst and possibility to nuke one target with some cc too (with arcane dmg is outstanding, while with frost more survivability and 5s stun)
-ele shammy - we both can heal each other, so survivability is quite good; dmg is really huge, lack of cc can be big issue (but advantage could be that starfall doesn't break Hex immediately) due to it we rely on nuking enemy
-rogue- another big burst option with decent cc and heal reduce
-shadow priest - a lot of dots, burst, additional heal, fear
-lock - quite same as with mage; fear instead of polymorph is advantage
-balance- i'm not big fan of doubling classes in arena, but two starfalls can make a difference with four dots on target and one of us having an opportunity to cast.
Do you have any other good partner option for balance druid? Which one is the most promising? What difficulty rate?