1. Questions about twinking and World PVP

Hi, I play on Lordaeron.

Having a lvl 80 on horde side and doing my PvE things, I plan on doing a war twink on the alliance side.

I have some questions :

I'm LOVING World PVP, what twinking lvl is the best for world pvp ? (and bgs too) 39s and messing around in Strangleronce, 69s in Outland, 79s in northrend ?

Or any other lvl ?

And wanting to play a war, what spec is the best for world pvp and bg between Arms and Furry ? (I dont really like prot)

Thx for reading me :)
    Edited: March 21, 2021

2. If you want to do world pvp as twink at least choose a place where it will be a challenge (like 69 in high lvl northrend zone). Killing lvlers on similar to your level with twink is a d1ck move and is looked down upon.

Fury sucks, don't do it.

3. Yes I get what you mean, maybe I would lvl up normally doing world pvp and twinking at lvl 79 like everyone else x)

(I would never ganking poor lvlers leveling alone with a sh*tty gear unless they attack me. If I world pvp being a twink I will do it on good geared players/group or upper level players ganking lvlers)
    Edited: March 21, 2021

4. Before you start doing your twink, if you are going to make 79 alliance one, its worth to consider going Icecrown server. Alliance 79 community on lord is kinda dead, while on icecrown it's very active.

5. Alright, thx for the advise, kinda sad

6. Hi, I play on Lordaeron.

Having a lvl 80 on horde side and doing my PvE things, I plan on doing a war twink on the alliance side.

I have some questions :

I'm LOVING World PVP, what twinking lvl is the best for world pvp ? (and bgs too) 39s and messing around in Strangleronce, 69s in Outland, 79s in northrend ?

Or any other lvl ?

And wanting to play a war, what spec is the best for world pvp and bg between Arms and Furry ? (I dont really like prot)

For me, the best place for WPVP is Wintergrasp. You can surprise a lot of 80s there who think you're an easy target.

On Lordaeron you're better off playing Horde, since as was previously said, Alliance are not very active, they are almost exclusively on Icecrown (Pevi and his alts excepted).

7. Hi, I play on Lordaeron.

I have some questions :

Or any other lvl ?

If you want to play arms, do it at 70 instead of 79. Stats scale much better at 70 and you'll basically be soft capped with 400-450 resilience which comes easily with brutal main set and a few resil gems, you also have the flask of toughness available to boost your resilience further. You'll also be hit capped if you roll a draenei by only using the brutal and the +20 hit on gloves due to racial. And since you don't have enraged regeneration the draenei racial will do as a self-heal source.
    You can also stack armor penetration to the point where is useful: around 50% passive arpen, 60% with battle stance and 70~% with executioner enchant. You can use JC and maces to reach 100%. You'll have fewer skill ranks available but better stats than any 79. At 79 you basically can only cap hit, resilience is almost useless and your crit will be very low, whereas at 70 you can get it up to 60% if you want to.

At 79 I guess prot would be more viable since as I said you won't cap anything but hit. Fury is not an optimal spec for pvp at any level unless you use some sort of hybrid spec without using titan's grip.

Good world pvp zones are hellfire, Borean and Fjord until you bait fresh 80's or 70+ that will engage with you. If you go with friends both the nagrand and zul'drak arena are fun spots to do wpvp. Bg's as alliance are borderline unplayable unless you premade so I'd recommend you to stay away from it.

8. Hm very interesting thx for yall advise ! :)

9. If you want to play arms, do it at 70 instead of 79. Stats scale much better at 70 and you'll basically be soft capped with 400-450 resilience which comes easily with brutal main set and a few resil gems, you also have the flask of toughness available to boost your resilience further. You'll also be hit capped if you roll a draenei by only using the brutal and the +20 hit on gloves due to racial. And since you don't have enraged regeneration the draenei racial will do as a self-heal source.

I wouldn't normally want to take issue with other people's advice, but I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to roll a 70 dps twink unless you enjoy handicapping yourself (some apparently do). It remains a mystery to me as to why people make 70 dps twinks as they are far from optimal (maybe some enjoy PVE and that's fine). Warriors are a bit less handicapped than other classes but still, compare any 70 to any 79 warrior, and it's not hard to see who's more effective (particularly for arms).

At this point some 70 twink usually pipes up and claims that all 79s are trashes and 70s own them all because they have superior skills (but if they lose it's cos they're 70 and how were they expected to beat a 79 anyway?) These kind of mental contortions that they go through to claim that being 70 is not a handicap (but is when they lose) I find pretty baffling.

Either way, unless you plan to do 70 PVE or roll a healer, avoid it -- that's my opinion.

10. I wouldn't normally want to take issue with other people's advice, but I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to roll a 70 dps twink unless you enjoy handicapping yourself (some apparently do). It remains a mystery to me as to why people make 70 dps twinks as they are far from optimal (maybe some enjoy PVE and that's fine). Warriors are a bit less handicapped than other classes but still, compare any 70 to any 79 warrior, and it's not hard to see who's more effective (particularly for arms).

At this point some 70 twink usually pipes up and claims that all 79s are trashes and 70s own them all because they have superior skills (but if they lose it's cos they're 70 and how were they expected to beat a 79 anyway?) These kind of mental contortions that they go through to claim that being 70 is not a handicap (but is when they lose) I find pretty baffling.

Either way, unless you plan to do 70 PVE or roll a healer, avoid it -- that's my opinion.
    Normally I wouldn't comment on someone's commenting against my advice, but in this particular case I'll just say: That you are in no position to give advice to anyone, not only because your skills are scarce rather than mediocre, but also because you don't understand the importance of stats for some classes.

A warrior with 100% arpen and 2k attack power will do more damage than a warrior with 3k attack power and 0% armor penetration. It's simple, and stop pretending otherwise, you'll lose the already little credibility that you currently enjoy.

11. Normally I wouldn't comment on someone's commenting against my advice, but in this particular case I'll just say: That you are in no position to give advice to anyone, not only because your skills are scarce rather than mediocre, but also because you don't understand the importance of stats for some classes.

A warrior with 100% arpen and 2k attack power will do more damage than a warrior with 3k attack power and 0% armor penetration. It's simple, and stop pretending otherwise, you'll lose the already little credibility that you currently enjoy.
    I have yet to see any 70 arms warrior make any real impact in a battleground.

Commenting on my skills is just ad hominem and irrelevant to the point that you're giving very bad advice to someone who is thinking of joining the bracket.

What toons do you play anyway? Or are you afraid to reveal yourself in case we see how your skills too are "scarce rather than mediocre"?

12. I have yet to see any 70 arms warrior make any real impact in a battleground.

Commenting on my skills is just ad hominem and irrelevant to the point that you're giving very bad advice to someone who is thinking of joining the bracket.

What toons do you play anyway? Or are you afraid to reveal yourself in case we see how your skills too are "scarce rather than mediocre"?
    Yeah you're right, he should roll a 79 prot warrior, premade with 3 other prot warriors, 3 healers, 2 hunters and a warlock. Also get Free action potions to farm levelers at the graveyard, that's the most refined definition of skill, isn't it?

Edit: Anyone that joins the bracket on Alliance will quit in a matter of days after they see how fun it is.

13. Yeah you're right, he should roll a 79 prot warrior, premade with 3 other prot warriors, 3 healers, 2 hunters and a warlock. Also get Free action potions to farm levelers at the graveyard, that's the most refined definition of skill, isn't it?

Edit: Anyone that joins the bracket on Alliance will quit in a matter of days after they see how fun it is.
    But will you reveal your toons names?

14. But will you reveal your toons names?
    No sorry. It's not because I'm not confident in my abilities, but because I don't want to be part of a witch hunt or get harassed by his henchmen.
    I think a few of <Carried> may know who I am, but I won't reveal it here, and I would rather not waste time filling harassment reports like I had to back in 2013-2015. It won't come as a surprise to anyone that's in the bracket, but there are people with serious mental issues playing that can't draw a line between a game and real life; Because this game is literally life itself for them.

15. Yeah you're right, he should roll a 79 prot warrior, premade with 3 other prot warriors, 3 healers, 2 hunters and a warlock.
    This is just catty passive aggressiveness. You totally avoid the argument.

Point me out a level 70 arms warrior that is having a big influence on battlegrounds (more than a 79) and I'll revise my opinion. But there isn't one. 70 warrior is weaker than 79. Now you can choose to play 70 if you want, but it's a handicap and I think someone who is new to the bracket should know this and not be told to play 70 as if they were giving themselves an advantage, since that's clearly not the case.

You are lying to this poor new guy.

Also get Free action potions to farm levelers at the graveyard, that's the most refined definition of skill, isn't it?

Oh I see. You are angry because you got farmed on the graveyard by me and my friends. You take it too personally, sunshine.

And I bet they weren't all levellers on the graveyard. After all, you were there, weren't you?

Tell us your toons. I want to see who this fantastically skilled anon is. I want to see how your theorycrafting looks in a battleground. It's the perfect way to demonstrate that I'm wrong and that 70 really is superior to 79. Come on. Let us know.
    Edited: March 23, 2021

123 Last