1. Guide for SoloQ

Hey, I genuinely want to get some advice for soloq

I have donated a warrior (almost bis) and kept on losing. I lose games and most of the time I don't even know why I lose. Apart from basic mechanics is there anything/any guide specifically I can look at to improve? What are the things I should focus on the most? positioning? when to be defensive/aggresive?

Thanks

2. You'll keep on not knowing why you lost, until you start analyzing your games after the fact. To do that record your gameplay and install addons (ones you should be using either way) conveying additional information about the arena state such as enemy/friendly/self nameplates, castbars, offensive and defensive CD trackers, CC/Interrupt trackers, DR trackers, spellcasts (https://github.com/Oldsalt0/SpellReplay, SpellAlerter), damage/heal meters, etc. Have a knowledgeable person (or yourself with a greater difficulty, if you're clueless) point out any mistakes your or your teammates have made or enemy counter-plays.

• Did you get stunned behind a pillar while the Healer was feared halfway across the map?
    • Was there a Poly you could have kicked but didn't?
    • Did you wall at 3%?
    • Why didn't you Intervene the trap?
    • Did you choose to zug while your Priest was dying?
    • Are you PvEing your opponents correctly?
    • Do your keybinds suck?
    • Are your macros bad?
    • Is there a problem with your gear (incorrect itemization)?
    • Is your UI conducive to your ability to tell what's going on accurately and quickly?
    • Or were your teammates, in fact, simply mongoloids?

In the heat of the moment, unless you're already very experienced (and even so), it would be impossible for you to tell.

Most important of all, know your win conditions. Not every arena is "Kill X". Some games you'll have to play on mana, some you'll need to focus on out-DPSing, in some you'll capitalize on an opponent's sudden misplay, in others you simply have to survive long enough.

Then again, this is the supercancerAIDS ****show colloquially known as Solo Queue, you're asking about, so perhaps not every piece of advice applies. If you get countercomped or matched with griefers, take the L and queue next.

3. Sadly you need gear to stand against those others whose are near bis but "gear alone" will never bring victory. You have blackrock at your disposal, use it, learn how to play with lesser gear, play duels, get better and then switch to your donated warrior and with a bit of luck (partnerwise.) you ll start winning. No one can teach you to play from 0 to gladiator just because you have gear.

4. I have donated a warrior (almost bis) and kept on losing
    Do you have any experience as Warrior in PvP ?

5. Also saying BIS - are you sure you are using the correct BIS for your playstyle, are you even sure you are playing your warrior correctly, because skill > gear in 99.99% of the cases.

6. Yo man SoloQ is though place for real.

My advice - do A LOT OF BGs!!! SOLO!! :D

And focus on 1vX (many) fights. Get us much of those as you can under your belt.

Perhaps check my journal of Solo War adventures here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=425988&page=4

I have wrote some tips there too

I have done SoloQ War quiet a lot - with very various results.

Best results I have had with low resi setup - 900resi - and high armor pen - 70% passive armor pene

When Arena begin I wrote:
    "Low resi. BIG DICK DPS! Kill them fast."

And literally we won over 80% of those 20 games I did :D using this method :D

I used same Glyphs I use for BGs: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents (Bladestorm, Sweeping Strikes, Mortal Strike).

Strategy - run in / Charge - MS - Bladestorm > finish 1 off :D

Best results :D

Don't try to play long game in SoloQ ... is not worth it xD at least thats my experience

Element of surprise + 70% armor pene Bladestorms are quiet something to handle :D for random 3v3s