1. Frostmourne - Season II

Greetings Warmane community,

The new season of Frostmourne beckons! With much experience gained throughout the last year, we are preparing to take our seasonal realm Frostmourne into the next phase, it's second season. Everything we have learned and significant community feedback was all in consideration for this next step. Whilst the first season of Frostmourne was an idyllic form of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, we aim to add a few new things, and rethink some of the older ones.

Frostmourne Season II will start on April 15, 2021 at 16:00 server time. The first content tier will be available a few weeks later, players will be given two weeks to prepare before they can start challenging the raid content.

The final arena season of the first year of Frostmourne will end on
    April 14, 2021 at 23:59 server time with old system of rewards in place. The next season of Frostmourne shall make use of a new system of arena rewards for its respective arena seasons.

All characters above level 10 will be able to transfer easily to Icecrown. If a character with the same name exists, you will be prompted for a rename. Upon transfer to Icecrown, in order to align with the gold squish, all gold in all containers will be halved. Additionally, we will offer a system for Season I Frostmourne players to reserve names for the new season with their already existing characters in the previous season

Transfers are made manually from the Services tab of your My Account page. You have to select "Frostmourne - S1" in the first drop-down, which will load all characters available to be transferred on the second one. Transfers aren't instantaneous, it can take some time for the transfer to finish. There's also a cap of 3000 transfers at any one time, so if you get told we are at that limit just try a little later.

Any players being concerned that their amount of characters will be over the limit, should not have any concerns, there are systems in place for this issue and they will be presented to the player once such an issue happens.

• Considering feedback from the playerbase regarding double resets, we have decided to remove double instance resets in their entirety. In its place we want to add a feature that many lovers of old will appreciate. Every content tier of Frostmourne will feature a timewalking experience where a Burning Crusade raid will be scaled up to Wrath of the Lich King challenge levels. We plan for this feature to be as an additional thing to do, in order to bridge the gear gap and an additional fun optional experience for players of Frostmourne. The gear contained within will be Wrath of the Lich King raid items of lesser quality than what can be found in the most difficult modes of the current raid tier. The items will also posses pre-applied Burning Crusade transmog appearances. More information pertaining timewalking will come in a separate thread. Additionally, we plan to offer timewalking periods later in the season, featuring prominent dungeons of the past.

• Using our timewalking system, in our third content tier on Frostmourne (Trial of the Grand Crusader), we plan to offer a scaled-up version of the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain. This includes the entire quest chain and we aim to recreate this experience on our Frostmourne realm, and all those participating in the quest chain will be able to track their overall progress on the website and those fortunate enough to be one of the first ones to Bang a Gong! will be forevermore known as Scarab Lords.

• Over the coming year, you will be able to square off against your fellow players in a game, a game of Warcraft. Every single part of the game will be tracked and we will reward those who have the biggest impact on the realm and etch their names on our website forever. Soon, the website will update and you will have the ability to check all the of stats in real-time and see who's the best.

Spoiler: Show

• The Butcher - the player who has achieved the most honorable kills in the entirety of the season.
      Reward: Forum title + 250 coins
    • The Overachiever - the player who has obtained the most achievement points in the span of the season
      Reward: Forum title + 250 coins
    • Lord of Arena - players who have obtained the highest arena rating on their respective classes in the span of a season
      Reward: Forum title + 150 coins
    • Moneybags - the player who has obtained the most gold in total in the span of the season
      Reward: Forum title + 100 coins

Additionally, any player that achieves Loremaster or Battlemaster in the span of the season, will obtain the same title on forums, a reward of 50 coins and will be also featured prominently in the season tab.

Guilds that obtain the realm first achievements in PvE will be also featured prominently, alongside with guilds that have also obtained the highest speed kill of end bosses in prominent raids.

These rewards are not set in stone and are subject to change. There is a possibility of removal of certain entries and addition of new ones. Stay tuned for updates!

• Frostmourne players will be able to choose between x0.5, x1, x3, x5 and x7 experience rates.
    • Raiding content will be tuned as it is currently tuned on the realm. We plan to consider community feedback furthermore to fine tune changes to get a more reliable and enjoyable experience of raiding.
    • There will be only one raid reset, but a timewalking optional raid instance will be available.
    • Crossrealm will be activated for battlegrounds, but various measures will be in effect to ensure that the players you find yourself against or allied with will be on equivalent standing in terms of gear.
    • Marketplace will be as last year. Once players obtain a significant amount of a specific item, it will be offered on the marketplace. As many players saw last year, this can sometimes take time as it depends on the amount of items circulating in the game.
    • Character trading and the trading system will be available as on Lordaeron.
    • Characters will be moved to Icecrown, once the season ends, assuring a fresh competitive realm each time a new season starts.
    • The season is set to last 12 months. The content will be divided in four tiers. The content of the first tier will be available a few weeks after launch. Every three months, the content will progress further.

Legend:
    Time after launch - Content released

Exact start date and time will be announced - Naxxramas, Vault of Archavon (Archavon), Eye of Eternity, Obsidian Sanctum, PVP Season 5 | Timewalking: Ivory Tower of Karazhan

3 Months - Ulduar, Vault of Archavon (Emalon), PVP Season 6 | Timewalking: Black Temple

6.5 Months - Trial of the Crusader, Vault of Archavon (Koralon), Onyxia, PVP Season 7 |
    Timewalking: Ahn'Qiraj raids (Subject to change) + Scepter of the Shifting Sands

8 Months - Icecrown Citadel + Ruby Sanctum released once Icecrown Citadel Heroic is cleared, Vault of Archavon (Toravon), PVP Season 8 | Timewalking: Sunwell Plateau

We hope you join us on yet another exciting adventure!

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. still two arena flushes per week?
    I guess so but just to be sure

3. Wow,nice. Frostmourne folk got really something of VIP status with all these perks. Please, if they ever again come on forum complain about something, disband their account.

4. Nice, guess it's time to cancel my classic sub since I'll be getting my BC raiding fix here lol.

wp Warmane

5. i like what i read here, lets hope it works just as well :)
    and i guess loot of lower ilvl in timewalking would mean 213 in nax, 226 in uld, 245 in toc?

6. Nice News!!!

Why 04/15? now plz :)

7. Will arena points be double the arena points since only one id per week or normal amount of arena points?

8. The only thing missing is that the quest items come out 1 for each person in the group instead of 1 per creature, and the server would be perfect

9. Soooo... Same amount of time, but half the ID's to get gear? Seems like a weird way of making it harder

10. "The gear contained within will be Wrath of the Lich King raid items of lesser quality than what can be found in the most difficult modes of the current raid tier."

This means less loot?
    Only one item a week per hardmode in ulduar, kelthuzad loot, Val'anyr and Shadowmourne fragments, ToC 25H Tokens and Trinkets :/

11. Huh, neat.

I must say, the new features are quite interesting. I was expecting some kind of rewards for being competitive, but I wasn't expecting rewards for the Loremaster achievement. And we also get a revival of the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line? That's an amazing! Also, I am intrigued by the Timewalking feature, since it's is a clever response to TBC Classsic. VVhile it may not offer the exact same experience, people will be motivated to replay the old content, and it's a good way to fill the gap between ID resets. Though, I don't quite understand one thing. VVhat does "The gear contained within will be Wrath of the Lich King raid items of lesser quality than what can be found in the most difficult modes of the current raid tier." have to mean? It's obvious to me that heroic versions of the items and such, which can only be obtained on hard mode difficulty, won't be available in the Timewalking raids - e.g. Deathbringer's VVill (hc) and Mjolnir Runestone. But, what about the regular version of DBVV? Or, by "lesser quality" do you mean items, which act as a temporary upgrade before the player obtains his BiS - like Bloodfall from BQL and not Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General from the LK?

I've read that there will be a separate thread talking about this topic, but I decided to ask this question nevertheless.

12. any other QOL changes for leveling?

hope the tbc raids will have good enough gear as a catch-up otherwise nobody gonna bother doing more than once

12311 ... Last