1. Ofc players want to be brought back the custom patch for Blackrock,i really want to duel again on Durotar ,no one is there anymore or enable again Isle of Quel'Danas,was good for pvp.I dont like Gurubashi Arena since are a lot of multiboxers and campers.Was a bad idea when those were disable,and i really dont like cross-bg,arena thing for Blackrock.Is a good thing to face vs 5,6 with shadowmourne in bg?I prefer how used to be Blackrock ,not how is now.
    Edited: March 29, 2021

2. Ofc players want to be brought back the custom patch for Blackrock,i really want to duel again on Durotar ,no one is there anymore or enable again Isle of Quel'Danas,was good for pvp.I dont like Gurubashi Arena since are a lot of multiboxers and campers.Was a bad idea when those were disable,and i really dont like cross-bg,arena thing for Blackrock.Is a good thing to face vs 5,6 with shadowmourne in bg?I prefer how used to be Blackrock ,not how is now.
    But now you don't face bis people with started Blackrock character like 99% of the time. So which one is it, you don't like it or you do because you're contradicting yourself?

As far as state of PvP, yes, I've been here since around 2011-ish and you could easily see it get worse and worse as the time passed. It was usually due to people/community, but the last few things are on the Warmanes end, such as brackets that are just a horrible mechanic. Last I checked on retail brackets don't exist for RandomBG even to this day (if I'm wrong, alright but I haven't really been closely following the changes for an expansion or two).

In any case, I'm sure that a bunch of exps after WotLK and before didn't have it so it still stands. There's RatedBG which would've been a way better choice to implement over RandomBG brackets.

Mercenary and Crossrealm are for the most part fine.

3. Fixing the current pvp to make it enjoyable again doesn't require that many changes. The only thing needed to make pvp great again is to mass ban all the scripters. I can't be the only one that raises an eyebrow when I see a team with more than 150 games played and a win ratio above 98%. Which coincidentially are warriors/hpals. Which also coincidentially have names that resemble those of infamous well known scripters. Which coincidentially sometimes have no issues into adding hints on their names/team names that would make someone ask if they're trolling or right up making it so obvious that we just assume they are that good, and that in no way they could be scripting.

The best place to hid a tree is a forest, did you know that?

4. Ik about tthose,were before too but idk if tthose will get ban tbh

5. There are some good replies here, and the main one I wanted to address is the one that suggested that making any changes would result in a neverending cycle of balancing to fix the problems it creates. This would likely be true if Wotlk wasn't 10 years old. There has been so much time to define the things that are overtuned, and to understand a pretty good estimate of how much scaling or % modifiers would need to be tweaked to make them pretty optimal. Wotlk isn't extremely far off the mark in terms of balance. There are a few minor things on each class that could use very insignificant changes, but when all the changes are taken in as a whole, there would be some small meta adaptations over time.

I don't necessarily think by removing shadowmournes 284+ Ilvl advantages in 2v2/3v3 would make warr/pala suddenly bad for example, but I'm sure many of the people who got their 2k+ with 6800gs would struggle a lot more to do it again without the axes stat advantages. I can't count how many times I've been pulled out of stealth before I open because shadowmourne does its AoE proc and it pulls me out without them even being aware of my existence. This is another small implication of the item that's not often considered when people claim it isn't that overpowered. Making cloak of shadows 100% instead of 90% is more like common sense than a bad balance tweak, as the original design of it is honestly stupid. What other ability has a flat out chance to just not work right? Sacred cleansing is overtuned, and sacred shield is too powerful for the mana cost in conjunction with palas near infinite mana pool when their spell power begins to reach a higher level. These are some completely obvious things that have been pretty well known issues for a long time, and even minuscule alterations to their scaling would be a positive change. I could list off small examples all day, but you get the idea.

Even if further balancing was required to fix the initial balance wave, would that necessarily be so bad? How many players would the server honestly hemorrhage if Warmane is just trying to improve the gameplay experience, and people are aware that issues are actively being worked out? None of the major issues we suffer now are in the works of being changed, but we deal with the inadequacies of the patch regardless. Knowing that positive changes are always in consideration would give me more hope than fear for the sake of the server's health.

6. Yes, and I probably have read all of them that weren't in a foreign language. But you have to realize that them being read, even the subject matter being passed over to the rest of the Staff, doesn't imply something will be changed. An example related to this thread? The "3.3.5b" custom patch. It was removed from Blackrock and its players asked, demanded and "suggested" that it be brought back a lot, sometimes it still comes up again, but if it wasn't aligned with what we want to host in our servers no amount of threads and posts will make it return.

Also, about multiboxers, you're out of the loop. The limit to multiboxing is getting lowered to 5 today.
    Praise the lord, thank you for making the multiboxer change. This gives me a lot of hope and is honestly the biggest issue of all the things I've stated by far, though a lot of my hopes for it to be fixed had slowly withered. Realistically the next biggest thing is doing something to make arena participation better. What is your thought on my original comment in regards to the really poor reward structure that's currently implemented? What would be the harm in expanding the percentage of arena title holders to be more in line with Blizzlike? I think that would be the first step and the reward itself doesn't have the same negative effect as say, handing out magic roosters to more people. I do think something like that should be considered though. What about old school mounts? People asked me about my ivory raptor all the time because it hasn't been attainable on the coin shop for years, and that could be a really unique way to reward top teams and expand the reward pool. Increasing 3v3 scroll drops wouldn't be too bad either I wouldn't think.

7. If you look at the top 50 teams you can see how balanced arena is.... (from 50 teams 25 have wars...).
    bgs are not better, full of bis geared premades 4 healers 3wars 3palas 3dks. before with the brackets you didnt see premades if you did play in the middle or lower bracket. thats why i stopped playing with my over 6kgs chars. but now all are in the same bracket again since frostmourne reset with premades. thats why i only play on frostmourne for pvp now. i wont waste my time playing against premades.
    Edited: April 20, 2021

8. I m a new player, my first lvl 80 (dk), yes there are some entry level players stil.. And i came here to post a topic on BGs but i saw this post so i put it here...
    i am just dramatically concerned by how UNPLAYABLE BGs are !!! And there is iust definately no fun in it ! Why ? because of such a udge difference in skills/GS between players to face from the HORD. Because my surprise is to see that HORDS wins roughly 8 BG out of 10. That's my experience this last month. So ok, i m a pvp BG noob if you want, but that does not explain how a full team Ally looses 80% BGs against Hords... So how comes that nothing is done to balance BG between Ally/Hord palyers ?? And make things fun instead of being farmed all the times.... Last example BG today : hords best shots around 25 death, Ally best 6 ....

9. What if ... they lose . . . because you are on their team?

10. What if ... they lose . . . because you are on their team?
    my thoughts exactly man. You said it thou!
    What if the above people are teamed up with exact same people - frustrated and new. And everyone wants a win, but no one understands how to get it

If you look at the top 50 teams you can see how balanced arena is.... (from 50 teams 25 have wars...).
    bgs are not better, full of bis geared premades 4 healers 3wars 3palas 3dks. before with the brackets you didnt see premades if you did play in the middle or lower bracket. thats why i stopped playing with my over 6kgs chars. but now all are in the same bracket again since frostmourne reset with premades. thats why i only play on frostmourne for pvp now. i wont waste my time playing against premades.
    Level a warrior, I bet we'll never see you in top 50 even with shadowmourne and all the fancy stuff.

11. I just wanted to point out that arena has never been balanced around the 2v2 bracket, warriors and hpalas have always been overpowered in that bracket, they are still strong in 3v3 but the power disparity isn't as massive.
    In 3v3 you have strong counters for warriors and palas (RMP, MLS, RLS etc.) as well as a glad viable comp for virtually every spec. The game needs no balancing if 3v3 is played more by the community.

For this to happen it needs to be more attractive to play, maybe transmogs or more easily obtained titles, more blizzlike as someone mentioned, could help.

I would like to see something done about scripters too but I think it's pretty difficult to tackle since they just create new accounts and do it again.

12. I just wanted to point out that arena has never been balanced around the 2v2 bracket, warriors and hpalas have always been overpowered in that bracket, they are still strong in 3v3 but the power disparity isn't as massive.
    In 3v3 you have strong counters for warriors and palas (RMP, MLS, RLS etc.) as well as a glad viable comp for virtually every spec. The game needs no balancing if 3v3 is played more by the community.

For this to happen it needs to be more attractive to play, maybe transmogs or more easily obtained titles, more blizzlike as someone mentioned, could help.

I would like to see something done about scripters too but I think it's pretty difficult to tackle since they just create new accounts and do it again.
    amen to that, that is totally true, that is why the most popular format for tournament type was always 3v3. But in a server where people can't even stand each other, are constantly being rude to each other, constantly ranting about everything, its already hard enough to find a partner for a double for most and you expect them to find a third one.
    On the other hand more solo stuff and less parties - it seems majority of new wowers like that notion. Party was to imba and not fun, against party is too bad and not fun. That's the general logic behind most of today's pvpers typing in this forums.

13. amen to that, that is totally true, that is why the most popular format for tournament type was always 3v3. But in a server where people can't even stand each other, are constantly being rude to each other, constantly ranting about everything, its already hard enough to find a partner for a double for most and you expect them to find a third one.
    On the other hand more solo stuff and less parties - it seems majority of new wowers like that notion. Party was to imba and not fun, against party is too bad and not fun. That's the general logic behind most of today's pvpers typing in this forums.
    The toxicity is obviously a problem but people manage to pug ICC25 several times a day because of the rewards. There's no incentive to queue 3v3 when you can play 2s for rating and just buy the shoulders/weapon.
    If I were Warmane I'd just add some cool mount at 1600/1800 or increase the scroll of deception droprate in 3v3 to promote participation.

14. The toxicity is obviously a problem but people manage to pug ICC25 several times a day because of the rewards. There's no incentive to queue 3v3 when you can play 2s for rating and just buy the shoulders/weapon.
    If I were Warmane I'd just add some cool mount at 1600/1800 or increase the scroll of deception droprate in 3v3 to promote participation.
    Yeah and 1 out of every 3 pugs go further then the 4th boss. You are right rewards will fix people attitude. not.

15. There are some good replies here, and the main one I wanted to address is the one that suggested that making any changes would result in a neverending cycle of balancing to fix the problems it creates. This would likely be true if Wotlk wasn't 10 years old. There has been so much time to define the things that are overtuned, and to understand a pretty good estimate of how much scaling or % modifiers would need to be tweaked to make them pretty optimal. Wotlk isn't extremely far off the mark in terms of balance. There are a few minor things on each class that could use very insignificant changes, but when all the changes are taken in as a whole, there would be some small meta adaptations over time.

etc. etc.
    This is a bad idea on multiple levels.

Warmane is good at copying what Blizzard did (does? lol), but doing their own thing and tweaking stuff to make it "balanced"? Hell, even Blizzard can't balance their own game, don't think that some "randoms" who by the way are a WAY smaller team can do it effectively.

WotLK was never balanced and it'll never be, or rather, it's not even WotLK it's WoW itself. You can't get the perfect balance and making everything custom is stupid because you will make everything custom.... BUT you'll fail at the balancing part like many before you. People play WotLK because they like the expansion ITSELF (if they didn't, they'd be playing retail or something else), not because they want to see it turned upside down on it's head. Also, changing PvP will affect PvE as well, so it's not that trying to balancing PvP won't leave PvE unaffected - either in a good or bad way.

While some things that happen in WotLK are plain stupid (like SM aoe hitting Stealthers), it's hilarious and something left to deal with. In my opinion, the less custom things the better, which is why I'm for getting rid of the brackets as well, or if you really want to cater to carebears, make only two groups where first one will be up to around 2 or 3k gs. This system was working well and it didn't cut already small PvP community into 10 even smaller brackets.

First 123 Last