1. time to level up

Hi I am planning to start a game as priest but I am a bit scared about the time that I have to spend in order to level up, is it true that it requires lots of time to level up a priest ? also I would like to heal but I think that in order to level up you need to spec in shadow and than change you talent, is it correct ?

2. There is system of dual talents in game, where you buy second talent page for 1000 gold after hitting lvl of 40.
    And no, priest is not slow. He is one of most self sustained classes in game, you will have very few breaks to restore your mana/health

3. as he said.. pretty self sustained class.. but yeah..better to be Shadow if you want to do quests and level up.. or if you have a friend that can tank.. let him tank and you go heal.. queue for dungs while you roam around gathering mats to sell in AH. that gets fast levels too.
    or do quest and always keep it queued for RDF.. you get 3-4 levels in 1 dung if it's a big 1.. ( dead mines ) at the start.

4. There is system of dual talents in game, where you buy second talent page for 1000 gold after hitting lvl of 40.
    And no, priest is not slow. He is one of most self sustained classes in game, you will have very few breaks to restore your mana/health
    Health isn't a problem, mana on the other hand is.

I did level up a shadow priest less than 6 months ago, with no heirlooms. Mana breaks were frequent, and it did take time.
    It gets easier when you get Mind Blast and Flay, and easier again when you get Shadowform. Once you get Dispersion (and glyph it), mana issues are gone.

What I noticed is that Mind Flay and Mind Blast are low mana spells; DoT's eat up your mana real quick, and sadly they don't get to tick that often.

5. If you plan starting on Lordaeron server you will have a great time. To level 15 it might be slow, but once you unlock dungeons it will be a breeze as people will find you and wisper to ask you to heal them, join up and have fun. Also I would recommend continuing like this and not speccing to Shadow later on, continue with the Smite spec it is great to keep you leveling on your own, very strong even against elites, plus you are always ready to heal dungeons because you are literally a heal spec.

Good luck and have fun.