1. When I heard the news I was so happy that I almost cried, I don't even remember the last time I had so much fun in wintergrasp, thank you warmane

and as for premades, let's deal with that later

2. Because your and similar posts were nothing more than flame-baiting.
    Well that's just wildly out of character for me.

3. I’m very happy about these changes. To anyone trying to defend the boxing, you’re straight up delusional.

Warmane should have gone further and fully banned multi boxing. This community is full of petty people who will gladly turn the new 5 man limit into a headache in some regard.

I hold no sympathy for boxers who lost value in their investment. The fact that they all showed up in the same location which brought forward the early enactment on this change is the very reason the change is happening in the first place.

Boxing has no place in a MMO, period. Warmanes earned a bit of my respect back with this change and more so by moving forward sooner than later.

Please consider fully banning multi boxing. This community clearly can’t be responsible with it.

4. There was 32 man fully pvp geared pvp multiboxer back in wotlk retail. Yet he didn't play Wintergrasp and instead he was only playing AV.
    proofs or didnt happen. cuz u talking out of your *** obv

5. Greetings multiboxing community,

Previously, we have limited the multiboxing feature to 25 players. Now that we've observed how players fare with this limitation, and now we know what further limitations can be done, in order to ensure fairness. We understand that multiboxing is a legitimate playstyle but as we're moving into the future, like we've previously mentioned in the last thread, the hardware required to run large multiboxing teams is becoming more and more common. Gaming laptops of the last two years can run raid multiboxing teams and we've also seen an increase of multiboxing with the increase of power of computing, which is a natural correlation.

We also understand that it takes skill to be a multiboxer. Just setting up multiple programs and macros and making your set-up run normally requires a lot more than what a normal player does. We also understand that it is not easy to be a multiboxer, with both limitations of the battlegrounds that they have at their disposal and of course with the increased negativity of the community as of late. We know this, however, we also know that most multiboxing players generally have no issues when they're playing as most average players either have no strategies to combat them or are simply unable to fight at all.

We understand this, however with the increased power of computing, more and more are joining this playstyle. It is no longer a niche, that need not be controlled. And unfortunately, this also means that the bots are also making use of this playstyle, trying to accumulate more illegal game wealth in order to sell it later to the same players that they damage.

Therefore, with all of the data in mind, and in hope of ensuring both multiboxing to exist and to ensure at least some modicum of fairness in the gameplay, we will further limit multiboxing to 5 characters at a time. This change will go live on March 29, 2021.

Originally, the date was selected to be April 03, 2021 but had to be changed due to several teams of multiboxers who were impacting server performance on March 29, 2021. This does not include raid instances. You can continue to multibox within raid instances, up to the theoretical player limit of instances, which is 10, 25, 40.

Kind regards,
    Warmane
    Is this limit only apply to BattleGround? Can I multibox > 5 in open area like IceCrown?

6. Not bad. A full on ban on multi-boxing should follow.

7. Well that's just wildly out of character for me.
    So I've been recently told. Bear in mind I repel the recent trends and am a strong advocate of the validity of disciplinary spankings to children.

Yes because multiboxers cant utilize vehicles properly and everytime you hit multiboxers you are hitting 25 character? So by default vehicles are much better for single boxers and they make more.

Making a vehicle in WG is not going out of your way to counter something, it's literally win condition of that battleground.
    I asked if they get extra vehicles for each multiboxer they're facing. Nowhere did what you say amount to an yes. How effective they are against multiboxers - assuming conditions are all ideal and they can be fired and consistently hit the target - is irrelevant as they weren't introduced to the game to counter them. The fact a siege engine is your solution for a low number of players to deal with a single player just exacerbates how ludicrous the situation is when people try to say it's "fair and balanced."

8. It was never 25:1, but people liked to kamikaze into teams of MB for some reason.
    Oh? You mean by taking the portal to WG and get greeted by 25 or even 2 x 25 players?

9. I can absolutely see how multiboxing could have started to become an economical problem by JUST observing what is achievable, economically, in wintergrasp alone. I am not going to go on a witch hunt here and point out the name of the person, but say there is a multiboxer with a set # of toons over 20 whose professions are all Engineering (for PVP) and Alchemy (for elixir / money). Each week, wintergrasp gives you a set of 8 quests, each of which award you 3,500-ish honor as well as around 39-40 gold, going on memory alone. Per character, that is 28,000 honor and 312-320 gold per person, which is humble and overall okay for a single player, but that is until you consider the following possibility:

Multiboxer buys 2 cardinals with the 28,000 honor and sells them for 160-170 gold each, making 320-340 gold. Now he has 632-660 gold which at post-squish prices is more than enough to buy you 7 scarlet rubies and 7 eternal fires, setting the cardinal printing machine for the rest of the week. Spread that accross 25 characters which has been the limit up until now. Say, hypothetically, because why wouldn't they be, all of the multiboxers are transmute masters. At the very WORST of their procs, that will be 25 cardinal rubies per day for 7 days, making the total of 175 cardinal rubies for simply:

1) pressing a button once they log in;
    2) doing the weekly quests in wintergrasp ONCE;

now that is the absolute worst of scenarios for the multiboxer; ordinarily there is roughly a 20% of transmute mastery to proc; lets say that the statistical average is that every day, 5 out of 25 (20%) of the procs proc doubly (not even going for the possibility of 3-4); that adds an additional 35 cardinals to the end of the week.

sell all of these in the end of the week: 210 (cardinals) * 170 (gold) = 35, 700 gold. From doing one batch of weekly quests in wingergasp... boy wouldn't we all love that, eh? In addition, each successful wintergrasp win is 3,000 honor and 3 marks of wintegrasp with there being sporadic 750 honor grants whenever a tower or a wall gets destroyed. say a multiboxer participates in 2 wintergrasp per days, which often they do more of, that is another 25 cardinals thrown into the mix per day, another 175 per week or 385 cardinals in total, averaging about 65, 450 gold per week. Translating that into coins would bring about 24 coins per week if sold at current prices.

All in all, good decision from the warmane staff; slightly overdue but welcome regardless.

Is this limit only apply to BattleGround? Can I multibox > 5 in open area like IceCrown?
    a raid instance is an instance that gives you a raid lock after the first boss is killed. from what i gather, you will be able to log 5 characters in any opne world instance and once these 5 are in the raid, you can log the next 5, invite them to the group and bring them in the raid for the next batch of 5.
    Edited: March 30, 2021 Reason: my grammar sucks

10. a raid instance is an instance that gives you a raid lock after the first boss is killed. from what i gather, you will be able to log 5 characters in any opne world instance and once these 5 are in the raid, you can log the next 5, invite them to the group and bring them in the raid for the next batch of 5.
    It actually work like that. If you log more than 5 characters in the openworld, you get damaged to death in short period. You can bring 5 character inside instance (5-10-25man) then can log the 5 next and bring them inside same (or other) instance..
    If you die facing a raid boss : on ghost, the limitation has no effect, cause you are already dead so you can bring all the team back to the instance. Naxxramas / Eye are a bit harder since you are rezzed outside, you have to deal with the outside limitation between gy and entrance.

11. Greetings multiboxing community,

Previously, we have limited the multiboxing feature to 25 players. Now that we've observed how players fare with this limitation, and now we know what further limitations can be done, in order to ensure fairness. We understand that multiboxing is a legitimate playstyle but as we're moving into the future, like we've previously mentioned in the last thread, the hardware required to run large multiboxing teams is becoming more and more common. Gaming laptops of the last two years can run raid multiboxing teams and we've also seen an increase of multiboxing with the increase of power of computing, which is a natural correlation.

We also understand that it takes skill to be a multiboxer. Just setting up multiple programs and macros and making your set-up run normally requires a lot more than what a normal player does. We also understand that it is not easy to be a multiboxer, with both limitations of the battlegrounds that they have at their disposal and of course with the increased negativity of the community as of late. We know this, however, we also know that most multiboxing players generally have no issues when they're playing as most average players either have no strategies to combat them or are simply unable to fight at all.

We understand this, however with the increased power of computing, more and more are joining this playstyle. It is no longer a niche, that need not be controlled. And unfortunately, this also means that the bots are also making use of this playstyle, trying to accumulate more illegal game wealth in order to sell it later to the same players that they damage.

Therefore, with all of the data in mind, and in hope of ensuring both multiboxing to exist and to ensure at least some modicum of fairness in the gameplay, we will further limit multiboxing to 5 characters at a time. This change will go live on March 29, 2021.

Originally, the date was selected to be April 03, 2021 but had to be changed due to several teams of multiboxers who were impacting server performance on March 29, 2021. This does not include raid instances. You can continue to multibox within raid instances, up to the theoretical player limit of instances, which is 10, 25, 40.

Kind regards,
    Warmane
    Might I suggest adding this to the rules?

12. LOL, man fighting multiboxers was fun :D

anyway, don't cheer to much guys, coz they can technically still play as 25 men, example?

well, 1 player can play 5 characters thats the limit in WG, well guess what 5x5=25 , this means they can group 5 friends and multibox each one of them 5 chars, and in total 25, it will be a difference but in way or the other.

First ... 7891011 ... Last