1. [Discussion] Enhancement dmgur

I understand that enhancement shaman is the underdog of dps but i'd like your opinion.

- some info that might be relevant:

• This was during battleground, I censured both names just for the target's privacy sake.

• Both me and the target are BIS (BIS enhance vs BIS elemental).

• I have 18% armor penetration.

- things to notice:

• stormstrike crit damage

• white hit damage with sts hc proc

Spoiler: Show

Honestly, i feel like something is off with enhancement's damage but since i never played retail, i can't tell if what i feel is right or not.
    I also understand that this is is too little data to say anything but i'd like to hear what other players feel about the matter.

2. Not realy. Huge armor + resilience are counters for any melee class. Add here different buffs/debuffs that both of you could get meanwhile and it's totaly possible. Was this shaman stunned for additional 30% reduction probably warr intervened with "30% reduction" safeguard talent aswel.

3. I cannot guarantee he did not have the Astral Shift (30% dmg reduce on stun/silence) buff but if i recall right i think he didn't, although i do know he was unbuffed.
    Also i tested on a 1k resilience and 2k amor mage and i am getting 2.3k + 984 (MH+OH) CRIT stormstrikes and 2.3k windfury crits with 8k+ attack power with some procs on.

Another test on a paladin with ~1k resi (no buffs) while i'm wearing 2x trinket and 39%+ armor penetration
    Spoiler: Show
    Edited: March 29, 2021 Reason: more testing

4. You can see enh shamis quite frequently in the top 10 of the 2s bracket so I assume that they don't have any game braking bugs.
    Their dmg is terrible in BGs because they have no aoe dmg and they don't have incredible burst dmg like other melee.
    Edited: March 29, 2021

5. You can see enh shamis quite frequently in the top 10 of the 2s bracket so I assume that they don't have any game braking bugs.
    Their dmg is terrible in BGs because they have no aoe dmg and they don't have incredible burst dmg like other melee.
    Yes, enhancement dps is smol potat but doing 1.2k stormstrikes both mh+oh combined and <400 white hits with sts hc proc feels weird. I don't know the stormstrike damage formula but i'm gessing it is pure weapon damage? Either way 11.5k attack power (double dps trinket) + 39%+ ArP and i get 1.3k stormstrike crit and 1.4k windfuries feels kinda underwhelming.

6. Yes, enhancement dps is smol potat but doing 1.2k stormstrikes both mh+oh combined and <400 white hits with sts hc proc feels weird. I don't know the stormstrike damage formula but i'm gessing it is pure weapon damage? Either way 11.5k attack power (double dps trinket) + 39%+ ArP and i get 1.3k stormstrike crit and 1.4k windfuries feels kinda underwhelming.
    You wouldn't happen to be using a downranked stormstrike would you? I run 5400 ap 1100 resil with sts proc my SS crits are usually at least like 3-5K on Wrathful players. With full pve gear stormstrikes hit like 12-14K on low resil

7. You wouldn't happen to be using a downranked stormstrike would you? I run 5400 ap 1100 resil with sts proc my SS crits are usually at least like 3-5K on Wrathful players. With full pve gear stormstrikes hit like 12-14K on low resil
    Stormstrike doesn't have rank. But everything else is properly maxed (weapon skills etc).

8. the question is off topic. Did anyone use Pawn addon on this server? How to set up an addon for a server? The standard characteristics of a character differ from the characteristics of a character on the server.

9. I wouldn't bother with arpen in pvp for enhancement shaman. I tried different stats and AP + Crit is great for initial burst damage, where AP + haste will give you more survival chance. I personally prefer Crit, capped at 50% and around 5.8 - 5.9 AP.

10. In order to get 5.8k ap unbuffed you have to sacrifice a lot of resilience, you will have to trade 200 resilience just to get 400 attack power. Even at 1350+ resilience enhancement shaman already feels like butter.