1. Why do people think they can just simply need on Off-spec?

I don't get why people think it's okay to roll need on items for their off-spec, specifically when they see that another person who needs it for their MS in the same run. I was running a Culling of Strat on Heroic as a prot pally, and the holy pally rolled on the Mal' Ganis shield.

He thinks it is okay to need it cuz he can use the need button (and it was not written anywhere that he could not need on it), but it was an upgrade for me. He told me I could easily buy the same level shield using emblems. But shouldn't he be the one buying that shield for his OS? while I am tanking to get my tank gear.

2. Under the current rules that is ninjaing, innit?

3. Because they need to be shown and educated, instead being frustrated you should have explained that the shield has a priority on one over the other. If the guy who ninja it starts being rude you just report the prick, with all the required screenshots (i have timestamps enabled too).
    Dont ask why, its obvious, some don't really care, other don't really know. You help those that dont know and reward those that dont care with a report.

Why aren't you doing anything about it

4. (and it was not written anywhere that he could not need on it)
    Oh, but it is. Right here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2651922 Next time report him as instructed in the link. And you're right, he had no right to need it.

5. He ninjaed your shield there but I disagree with main concept. People can trade soulbound items for two hours with eachother, its no harm for me if someone needs for his/her os as long as he/she is willing to trade if someone needed for ms. People DE ing items in dungeons, which is pure greed unlike needing for OS. Though rules dictate that ppl are not allowed to need on os even if people are DE ing the item which is lame.

Btw, undirectly related to topic, people tend to act smart with reserving items by not advertising while recruiting people but announces only after raid is formed and current rules as I read is not against it, its kinda a loophole and I think it should be considered as ninjalooting aswell since it steals people' time. EX: LFM ToC25 5k+ achiev etc., and when the raid is full they /rw ORBS+Patterns rez. before starting the events.
    Edited: March 31, 2021

6. Though rules dictate that ppl are not allowed to need on os even if people are DE ing the item which is lame.
    Disenchanting has the exact same priority as using Greed. It's essentially the same thing as if someone used Greed and then Disenchanted their loot, except that it gets extended to all players in the group as long as one person has the skill. There's nothing lame or to be covered by rules about that, as wanting an item for "off-spec" falls under greeding for it. If the group was okay with you having higher priority, they would allow you to roll Need for it in the first place.

7. According to you it falls under greed/de, but those people will prolly use the items aside from monetary gains. And just because someone is greedy to get 10-20gold, people can lose a piece they were after easily, which makes it lame.

8. According to you it falls under greed/de, but those people will prolly use the items aside from monetary gains. And just because someone is greedy to get 10-20gold, people can lose a piece they were after easily, which makes it lame.
    It sucks for them, but everyone has equal claim on items that go for Greed/Disenchanting. Off-specialization doesn't get special treatment. You still have the choice to not go off-specialization, to group with people you know and who would be fine with you taking it, or to ask the group if they will allow you to roll Need on it. Most groups will be okay with it, barring them being dicks or you having acted like one during the run.

9. Just screenshot it and report. I once reported a person who needed on 2 boes in a dungeon and he got banned or something .I got a message that the player has been dealt with.