1. Make a Limited amount of SFS purchasable per week

The drop rates and competition can leave players feeling disgruntled and disappointed, and can even cause them to give up. I know a player that has farmed ICC for 2 years, and cannot obtain enough shadowfrost shards (or none at all - wasn't clear on that). I think that allowing players to purchase SFS, but in limited weekly amounts, would be a win for the server and the players. Maybe there can also be a condition of participating in ICC 25 before being able to buy the limited weekly amount, and the amount could be based on how many bosses were killed (something like 1 shard for every two or three bosses downed that did not yield a shard, or every two or three bosses that specific player did not receive a shard). I am guessing that staff want to keep things interesting, however players are actually becoming disillusioned/disenchanted with the situation from what I've seen. Also, I think its important that 50 shards would not cost the same as 1 shadowmourne, as this would make the venture pointless. I think that 2 coins per shard is very reasonable as it may help retain the novelty of the item, as it retains some of the same overall costs. This would also encourage people to do the quest and open up a new opportunity to experience gameplay with the item sooner, but allowing for the experience and possession of the achievement.
    Having said that. Perhaps Valnyr farmers should get the same opportunity, not sure as I'm unfamiliar with farming Valnyr.

Before people complain, as is trendy, consider how people farm this and get nothing, or those that donate get backlash for not completing the achievement. This would be a compromise and, i think, a welcome remedy to both camps. We may even see some lost players return. This will not be bypassing raids as it contingent on raiding success (due to raid infusions on to Shadow's Edge, and maybe even because of a contingency system)!
    Any further suggestions/constructive criticism on this is welcome! (as in; "Make a cap as well for 40 SFS")
    Thank you for reading.
    Edited: April 19, 2021 Reason: typo

2. The drop rates and competition can leave players feeling disgruntled and disappointed, and can even cause them to give up. I know a player that has farmed ICC for 2 years, and cannot obtain enough shadowfrost shards (or none at all - wasn't clear on that). I think that allowing players to purchase SFS, but in limited weekly amounts, would be a win for the server and the players. Maybe there can also be a condition of participating in ICC 25 before being able to buy the limited weekly amount, and the amount could be based on how many bosses were killed (something like 1 shard for every two or three bosses downed that did not yield a shard, or every two or three bosses that specific player did not receive a shard). I am guessing that staff want to keep things interesting, however players are actually becoming disillusioned/disenchanted with the situation from what I've seen. Also, I think its important that 50 shards would not cost the same as 1 shadowmourne, as this would make the venture pointless. I think that 2 coins per shard is very reasonable as it may help retain the novelty of the item, as it retains some of the same overall costs. This would also encourage people to do the quest and open up a new opportunity to experience gameplay with the item sooner, but allowing for the experience and possession of the achievement.
    Having said that. Perhaps Valnyr farmers should get the same opportunity, not sure as I'm unfamiliar with farming Valnyr.

Before people complain, as is trendy, consider how people farm this and get nothing, or those that donate get backlash for not completing the achievement. This would be a compromise and, i think, a welcome remedy to both camps. We may even see some lost players return. This will not be bypassing raids as it contingent on raiding success (due to raid infusions on to Shadow's Edge, and maybe even because of a contingency system)!
    Any further suggestions/constructive criticism on this is welcome! (as in; "Make a cap as well for 40 SFS")
    Thank you for reading.
    well from what i see the people buying it generally don't care about any sort of bash and the people who farming it ain't gonna buy it anyways, so it is what it is
    Edited: April 19, 2021 Reason: typo

3. well from what i see the people buying it generally don't care about any sort of bash and the people who farming it ain't gonna buy it anyways, so it is what it is
    Indeed.

In addition:
    If done this way, it should also prevent you getting the SM Feat of Strength achievement, and the chest from LK. As you're buying your way to it.

Why the achievement should be blocked? Because you didn't do the questline fully.
    Why the chest should be blocked? 100 coins for this quest means nothing, if you can sell the contents of the chest for XX amount of gold/coins. So you'd technically get SM for let's say 50 coins (I didn't check gold/coins you could get from selling).

What would happen if this became the new thing?