1. Elemental gearing problems

Recently I've started to gear up an ele in raids and I instantly noticed that it lacks a lot of gear.

Now, as far as I understand it, the gear that's supposed to be equipped by elems is a mail armor which doesn't have an agility stat (that's for the hunters and enhs) and that also doesn't have a spirit/mp5 stat (that's for restors). If that's indeed the case then it means eles are lacking a lot of gear.

For example there are no icc10 normal tier mail boots without mp5 and no toc10 normal tier mail boots without mp5. Same goes for waist and wrist (by the way there are no toc 10 normal tier mail spell power wrists in the game at all). Even most of chest/head/legs/hands/shoulders gear that is not from sets comes with mp5.

So how am I supposed to deal with that? Shall I roll the resto gear with mp5 for ele? I don't know if I actually need it and also I have already encountered some opposition in raids when raid leaders forbid me from rolling an mp5 mail gear on main spec because it's supposed to be for restors. But I don't see any other options to gear up, apart from rolling a leather/cloth gear with spell power which will undoubtedly create more opposition in raids from casters.

TLDR - what I'm trying to understand here is does an elemental shaman have the right to roll mail gear with mp5 or cloth/leather with spell power on the main spec because he simply doesn't have any "pure ele" gear of the same tier? If not then how is he supposed to gear up?
    Edited: April 23, 2021

2. You can roll for leather and cloth caster drops in raids, just make sure RL allows it before getting yourself saved, or anger "i mAkE a rEpOrT" -types of players. In general while in PUG's, screenshot raid loot rules, roster and rolls and especially you asking the leader (and his response) if he allows Shamans to roll MS on cloth/leather. Best would be if you just joined a guild.

The armor "restriction" isn't a thing outside of RDF. In RDF you can't roll cloth/leather as it would be unfair for those who can only wear cloth/leather.

Don't bother with MP5 or spirit, they are worthless for Elemental Shamans. Focus on Haste Hit Crit items with Int on them, as long as you can equip it.

3. Also, keep in mind that we are playing game not 100% as devs intended it to be played. While progressing through expansion, we were supposed to get what we could and having full set of your class gear on each stage of each raid variant most likely was not intended.
    Such examples can be seen everywhere + with low gear which means low Int, ele would oom fast, so some MP5+crit mail items are surely suited for you

4. May 17, 2021  
    try to buy legs and boots from LW , chest for tailoring and if you are rich chocker they are pretty strong .Also dont be affraid to ask to roll difrerent type of armor piece that is not mail,icc 10 can bring you so much off set pieces that are strong , you should focus on tier 9 then tier 10 parts(set bonuses give very good dps boost),also try to get spot in rs10 and 25 mode, there have very powerfull loot for ele(10 man ring boots , cloack (i dont like it but red socket), leather hands , 25 2 types of brasers ,bis cloack ,bis trinket, bis belt)