1. Warrior Protection PVP 3.3.5 (Help)

To all guys that play was Protection warrior in pvp lv 80.
    I see a old tutorial a few months ago ( http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=194502 ), but some people say that guide is outdated and the BV cap are changed too.
    Can anyone tell me what is the new BiS items for PVP, and what is the new cap of BV (block value) for this season in wotlk ?

Thank you all for attention.

2. Yeah that build is no longer being used. Go for full PVE 100% arp build, it's the best one now.

3. Yeah that build is no longer being used. Go for full PVE 100% arp build, it's the best one now.
    Full PVE Prot is not the same as for Fury/Arms(don't give ppl false info). Also casters will tear you apart and melee specs which can kite like Arms and Sub will have a hard laugh on you. Arena isn't some open world pvp where you can surprise the enemy and prepare with Reck+SB>Charge>"numbers"(cuz PVE vs PVE).
    Its a useless spec outside of 3v3(which is dead as the spec).
    Resi is needed everywhere even for duels.
    Full PVE 100 % arp a.k.a "best one now" is for places like Stv, Tanaris etc.
    Imo don't invest in it and play something else or if you wanna stick with the warr class just go Arms.
    Edited: April 27, 2021

4. http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/profile

This is one of the only good prot warriors I used to meet when I used to play soloq. I've seen several other prot warriors running this gear setup, hope it helps.

5. Full PVE Prot is not the same as for Fury/Arms(don't give ppl false info). Also casters will tear you apart and melee specs which can kite like Arms and Sub will have a hard laugh on you. Arena isn't some open world pvp where you can surprise the enemy and prepare with Reck+SB>Charge>"numbers"(cuz PVE vs PVE).
    Its a useless spec outside of 3v3(which is dead as the spec).
    Resi is needed everywhere even for duels.
    Full PVE 100 % arp a.k.a "best one now" is for places like Stv, Tanaris etc.
    Imo don't invest in it and play something else or if you wanna stick with the warr class just go Arms.
    Arms is un-fun and just super bland. A spec for try-hards who just wanna see that arena rating number raise so they get false dopamine points, as they don't really need the gear, as the only reason they could get the rating for it is WITH it obtained already. As for PVP prot, it is viable everywhere else, outside of 2v2 arenas, easily dominating battlegrounds, world PVP and duels without any resilience behind it with enough utility skills that can �� on people's pushes (disarming wings, fearing starfalls, etc). With that said, 100% arpen warr is an acquired taste with an unique skillcap of its own and the only reason it is objectively bad in 2v2's is because it lacks the healing reduction that Mortal Strike offers.

6. I wouldn't say it's unviable or bad in 2s. Pwarr is weaker than arms in 2s but arms is one of the strongest arena specs so it's hard to top that...
    However it's quite easy to reach +2k rating as Pwarr + Hpala. So I'd say the spec is viable but suboptimal.
    Edited: April 29, 2021

7. June 4, 2021  
    I'll jump in fairly late to the chat, and add my own perspective.
    Some people here believe protection warrior is not viable for PvP.
    The short answer to this would be: You're wrong.

The long answer should be something like this:
    Protection warrior has many advantages, but also disadvantages in PvP.
    They have zero resilience, which allows damage to hit much harder. Specifically spell damage.
    Due to your armor and your shield, you'll be fairly defensive against most melee classes. You have high sustain with defensive cooldowns like Enraged Regeneration, Disarm, Shield Wall, Last Stand, Spell Reflection, Shield Bash and Shield Block.
    With a little bit of thinking and planning, you'll have both Concussion Blow & Shockwave an extra defensive(or offensive) layer to your kit.

Due to the high gear requirement of at least Tier 10 Tank Gloves & Shoulders, T9 Legguards and at least1200 armor penenetration, it's very hard to reach the minimum stats for a protection warrior to become viable in a PvP scenario like arenas.
    Professions like Engineering and Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing, in my personal opinion, are not something you should take lightly. Get them, use them. They are worth the amount of work you put into them.
    In arenas, you'll want to have at least two pieces of the tier 10 tank set, two pieces of the tier 10 DPS set and a single piece of t9 tank set.

Once you have this, you'll build an offset with wrathful gear, where you'll have between 850 and 1100 resilience for BG purposes. AV and WG are large scale, they require a high defense. In this scenario, you'll be grouping up with your DKs to help them with their Death Grips. They Death Grip, you Stun. This way, you can help peel people from the other team into your group, to take care of them. You are NOT a damage monster in large scale. In most cases, you'll be dead before you realize what happened to you.

On the other hand. Small scale? You're a ****ing monster. You go into a WSG, with a single healer, you'll be nearly unstoppable. Pop your defensives, charge in, and take care of the other team. You can put out INSANE amounts of damage. We're talking 10-20k crits on a single person.

I have many memories of me popping a single Shockwave that would crit between 7.000 and 13.000 on each and every person in front of my character. Sometimes, that would round up 5+ players being not only stunned for 4 full seconds, but also taking off between half and a third of their health in a split second. If this isn't pure pressure, I don't know what is.
    Protection warrior is VERY viable in both large scale AND small scale PvP, but with two different purposes. One for the damage, the other for the massive CCs. You have a 4 second AOE stun that has a 17 second cooldown and a single target stun that lasts for 5 full seconds, with only 30 seconds cooldown.
    You have some of the strongest defensive cooldowns in the game and some of the best offense that is obtainable.

Let's end this discussion with a talk about arenas.
    2v2. Find a partner that can support your build. I have personally YOLO'd from 0-2000 in a single day, playing double DPS. If 2k is your goal, most other offensive specs will do fine alongside of you. Just bare in mind, that DK is the worst addition to your solo team. Find someone who has CCs or sustain on top of their offense. Played decently, you'll have above 3:2 win/loss ratio. How do I know? I went all the way up to 2600 MMR(2500 personal/team rating) playing with a ret paladin.
    3v3, you'll be as useful as an arms warrior, but in a slightly different way. Arms warrior has the slight advantage of Mortal Strike. Everyone loves that flat 50% healing reduction. Don't worry, you can CC chain and still take care of the enemy. You're just not as useful against healers, when you're on a solo mission.
    So, all in all. People who tell you protection warrior is not viable are lying. People who tell you it's the best are also lying. You have a good kit. You're useful and you can do hell of a work most to all PvP scenarios.

I've been maining protection warrior for over 7 years on Warmane alone.
    http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Just play what you want, and screw the haters. I made protection PvP viable. So can you.

Kind regards
    truekripp
    Edited: June 4, 2021

8. June 4, 2021  
    @Truekripp, loved to read you, was interesting.

Some video guides i've looked that can be useful to you op :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41VbNMWC3k0&t=1s

This one is from Markuxz (Virtus guild), very nice guy IG btw ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7XUqgqaVc&t=65s

This one is from a guy called Warbbaincina, he covers lots of things for the spec

@Truekripp btw my best score is 24 K with Shockwave :)
    Edited: June 4, 2021

9. Everyone saying arms is just bland and stupid hasn't obviously played it. It requires stance dancing and hard one to play properly. You have mortal strike which lacks the prot pvp. Sure with prot pvp you have insane damage but you can also be killed very fast. With arms you can sustain pretty huge damage. + you become anti tank thing.

10. The thing is: Someone here play as prot in Lordaeron ????? please contact me

11. I'll jump in fairly late to the chat, and add my own perspective.

On the other hand. Small scale? You're a ****ing monster. You go into a WSG, with a single healer, you'll be nearly unstoppable. Pop your defensives, charge in, and take care of the other team. You can put out INSANE amounts of damage. We're talking 10-20k crits on a single person.

I have many memories of me popping a single Shockwave that would crit between 7.000 and 13.000 on each and every person in front of my character. Sometimes, that would round up 5+ players being not only stunned for 4 full seconds, but also taking off between half and a third of their health in a split second. If this isn't pure pressure, I don't know what is.
    Protection warrior is VERY viable in both large scale AND small scale PvP, but with two different purposes. One for the damage, the other for the massive CCs. You have a 4 second AOE stun that has a 17 second cooldown and a single target stun that lasts for 5 full seconds, with only 30 seconds cooldown.
    You have some of the strongest defensive cooldowns in the game and some of the best offense that is obtainable.
    It's exactly what's people said above , useless spe excepting if you play with your personnal healers. The thing is any dk, paladin (ret or even worse for pwar, ppladin), war arm,.... are stronger with healer. Your survivability is not due to your def cd but most of time to the healer in your back.

This spe is litteraly a glasscannon in pvp. If you are able to charge and crit enought to 2-3 shoots you win. If your opponents kite, use cd or whatsoever you are screw. These damages are the only thing that made this spe playable.

These type of spe are only "viable" in bg if you play stuck with others. (like all others glasscannons)
    Edited: September 11, 2021

12. Any prot warriors doing PVP with full PVP gear? I'm somewhat trying to. I don't have the best gear, but I have been doing battlegrounds with mixed success. I definitely don't die fast, but the damage output is crap. I can stun a lot and piss off a lot of enemies tho.

This is my prot warrior - http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary

13. Any prot warriors doing PVP with full PVP gear? I'm somewhat trying to. I don't have the best gear, but I have been doing battlegrounds with mixed success. I definitely don't die fast, but the damage output is crap. I can stun a lot and piss off a lot of enemies tho.

This is my prot warrior - http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary
    Shield sIam doesn't benefit from AP so going full PvP gear as Prot is a bad idea. Arms works better in full PvP gear because it deals decent dmg and is still quite tanky. With full wrathful gear you have like +1400 res, +40k hp and some crazy self heal with https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=29834 + https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=16487.

14. Shield sIam doesn't benefit from AP so going full PvP gear as Prot is a bad idea. Arms works better in full PvP gear because it deals decent dmg and is still quite tanky. With full wrathful gear you have like +1400 res, +40k hp and some crazy self heal with https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=29834 + https://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=16487.
    I rarely use Shield Slam to be honest, it's mostly Devastate, Revenge and all kinds of disabling stuff - Disarm, Shield Bash, Charge and both Protection stun abilities plus Thunder Clap.

Last time I tried Arms I actually did worse than as a Prot warrior in battlegrounds. No idea why, probably because my 2h wep is a crap and I actually might suck. :D

15. Shield slam is the hardest hitting ability of prot and it scales only with strength and arp.
    Many Pvp offparts have only AP so using them as a prot is a bad idea unless you don't care about your dmg.

With a decent two hander you'll deal significant more dmg with a arms build and you are still very resilient in full pvp gear.
    It's arguable that full pvp geared arms has even a better survivability than prot because you have much better self heal.
    As prot you might take less dmg but you have almost nothing to recover your health.

12 Last