1. Question regarding the inevitable Classic: WOTLK release.

Hi,

As most of us are aware Classic: TBC is just around the corner. I for one won’t be playing as I’ve recently joined Warmane and I’m having a hell of a time!

However, when the inevitable happens and Classic: WOTLK releases what do we think will happen to Warmane? Will it still be around but slightly less populated, just as populated as it is now, or will we see a decline?

I hope that this isn’t the case as I really enjoy it here as well as so many other players. I was just wondering what would happen to Warmane when Retail WOTLK is released. Does it plan on sticking around?

Thank you for reading.

2. Nothing is certain and nothing lasts for ever. Instead of even thinking about such things, just make sure you enjoy all your time in here for sure :)
    Edited: April 27, 2021

3. Population probably go down a bit particularly in north american group but not much. I can't imagine a lot of private players wanna pay a subscription for a 11+ year old expo

4. 1st dip: Launch - Long term dip, as people are now leveling on x1 realm for many hours a day.
    2nd dip: Ulduar patch - I could consider this to become heavy dip in numbers.
    3rd dip: ToC patch - probably not a major dip.
    4th dip: Icecrown Citadel - Could be the biggest dip.
    5th dip: Halion - probably not a major dip.

People will try Classic: WotLK, before returning here eventually.

5. May 2, 2021  

Will warmane survive wotlk retail release?

or will blizzard attack us

6. May 2, 2021  
    or will blizzard attack us
    Considering how long Warmane's been around, you think it would happen now?

7. May 2, 2021  
    Molten/Warmane is older than nu-Blizzard. They have survived Cata, WoD and Classic. Warmane will be here in 2031, mark my words (Kappa or no Kappa).

Edit. Oh, and if you are afraid of a Blizzard legal attack... Blizzard have not shut down a single WoW private/pirate server since WoWScape in 2008. Nostalrius merely had a martyr complex and doxxed/shut down themselves.
    Edited: May 2, 2021

8. May 3, 2021  
    Molten/Warmane is older than nu-Blizzard. They have survived Cata, WoD and Classic. Warmane will be here in 2031, mark my words (Kappa or no Kappa).

Edit. Oh, and if you are afraid of a Blizzard legal attack... Blizzard have not shut down a single WoW private/pirate server since WoWScape in 2008. Nostalrius merely had a martyr complex and doxxed/shut down themselves.
    But it worked.

9. May 13, 2021  
    Population probably go down a bit particularly in north american group but not much. I can't imagine a lot of private players wanna pay a subscription for a 11+ year old expo
    Yeah... better to pay item bis on the warmane store lol.

10. May 13, 2021  
    icecrown's shop and x7 makes the server quite different from what blizzard will offer and lordaeron's buffed content makes the server quite different from what blizzard will offer aswell. And ofc, many people are simply not willing to pay blizzard that much money for a not really better experience. If the server stays up, which I really hope, I dont see the population declining way too much

11. May 13, 2021  
    Yeah... better to pay item bis on the warmane store lol.
    Better pay warmane and get bis than pay blizzard and get nothing.

12. May 14, 2021  
    Hey, my other post got deleted could you send me links please to the posts

13. May 14, 2021  

14. May 14, 2021  

15. May 23, 2021  
    I'll probaly play Clasic WotLK but in a PVE server, which is what I prefer the most.

But I don't think I'll delete or deactivate my acount here.

Not sure if I could anyway.

12 Last