1. May 25, 2021  
    Ive played a hunter forever now. Dont waste your time on spell pen, its pointless. Youre a physical range damage not a caster. Id go more for armor pen or agility. Lately Ive noticed armor pen ignores resilience. Agility is probably the best to gem for pvp, damage and dodge. Serpent sting isnt going to be your primary source of damage, it sets up chimera shot. As far as using steady shot, use it when you have enough distance between you and your target. BG's, just play the support in the back field, and keep an eye ppl around you. HomerjayAT's spec is great for bg's, but I would sub out glyph of trueshot aura for deterance. Cuz when the canon fodder in front of you dies, gives you more survivability. I do agree the ravager is the best pet for mm. Every Spec for the hunter is great for pvp, just depends on your play style. Survival probably pisses more ppl off than any other spec to face. Every hunter's weakness is the dead zone melee range and being cc'd or slowed to get more distance. Just learn to kite the enemy and you'll be alright. I myself play BM with a chimera and have tons of fun globaling most 1v1 situations. I am bis both pvp and pve and i do switch to pve for plate guys, and I have a setup thats about 50/50 pve/pvp gear. Every class in WoTLK is OP in their own way, you just gotta find the groove that works for you.
    I will dissect this one by one.

Spell Pen is a must have for every hunter if you want to maximise your pressure against targets with any kind of nature resistance. 75 to negate MOTW is normaly enough. Just get 35 Spell pen enchant on your back and a 43 JC Spell Pen gem. It will increase your damage against targets with MOTW around 5-10%!!!

Armor Pen does not ignore Resilience. If it does, please provide proof.

Deterrence glyph is terrible. The 10 seconds reduction is not justified, especially in a bg environment.

There is no dead zone for hunters. That being in melee range is a hefty disadvantage for hunters is a myth. You should get comfortable in melee range asap. In melee range you can make use of your high dodge rate, lay traps to weaken your opponent and then gain distance again.

2. May 25, 2021  
    Thanks lordrevon99.

I have another question, and it's about arpen.

I read you should only gem it if you can cap it. Is that true? What's the cap, 100%? Is it really worth it to try to maximise arpen instead of agility?
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=409807

My guide about hunters and arp in PvP. Short answer: It's value is far less compared to PvE but still decent in PvP if you can accumulate enough of it. Especially against cloth, leather and hunters it's quite strong in 284 meta.

3. After some time of testing I have to say that even with 100% arpen hitting plates is a hassle, bordering to a waste of time. I don't want to imagine how it is for those hunters who play with full pvp gear...

4. Up to ICC u can go full pve MM/survival for RBG with only 1 stun removal trinket...

5. After some time of testing I have to say that even with 100% arpen hitting plates is a hassle, bordering to a waste of time. I don't want to imagine how it is for those hunters who play with full pvp gear...
    Arp has more value against low armor classes.
    Against platies it's better to stack AP/agi to increase the magic dmg which ignores armor.

6. Arp has more value against low armor classes.
    Against platies it's better to stack AP/agi to increase the magic dmg which ignores armor.
    Thanks, that sounds reasonable. For some reason I thought that reaching 100% arpen would make platties much weaker. Indeed, the way my gear is now, killing low armour classes is extremely easy. Perhaps I should find an equilibrium between the two. I guess I should try changing my arpen gems to agi gems? What's a good % arpen?

First 12