1. May 2, 2021  

Frostmourne: Timewalk Tweeks

Dear Warmane Team,
    first of all I want to tahnk you for the experience of being able to raid older content with better balanced classes. I absolutley loved Karazhan and are really really happy to be able to run it again, but with WOTLK balancing this time. During our first run yesterday I noticed some things, that where really well made or felt a bit off/ too easy. Hence I would like to give some feedback as someone that spend way too many hours in Karazhan raids and suggest a few tweeks here and there to bring it closer to the TBC experience, as I know it. I'm well aware, that some of them are quite some work and some others hopefully are fairly easy to implement, if you should decide to implement them.

Link to some original implementations:
    Trash: https://www.ironsongtribe.com/Thread...d=9919#pid9919
    Bosses: https://www.ironsongtribe.com/Thread...d=9919#pid9919

Overall pro:
    - Most abilities seemed to work as intented.
    - Pull range and chaining range felt natural and is punishing enough if you are not carefull, but not too hardcore.
    - Overall raiding time feels according to the more casual approach of WOTLK compared to TBC.
    - Most immunities I was able to check (ran as DK) where there. I`m not sure if the wyrms in library are supposed to be immune to diseases, but fits the overall topic.
    - The 2x dmg compared to TBC felt good overall for a relaxed run.
    - After a night of sleep I loved the extremly challenging chess event and the algorithm behaved pretty well. Took us 3 tries and a bit of luck. Really liked that, but could be frustrating for more casual oriented players, that are used to WOTLK mechanics and apply that mindset to TBC raids.

Overall cons:
    - IMO the raid felt way to easy for our gear (1 Naxx 25 run and HC gear on most of the grp, some even lower)
    - The 2x dmg is really forgiving at a lot of points and we didn`t wipe, even with most **** ups and ninja pulls.
    - The x2 HP works ok for boss mobs, but is too low for trash mobs, since WOTLK provides way more AoE dmg.
    - Movement patters for most patrolling mobs felt off. Most notable for the elites in the 'Grand Ballroom' and the 'Etheral Thiefs' in front of Netherspite. Seemed mostly like the random patrolling mechanic around a fixed point and not a designated patrol pattern. This leads to way to easy pulls and skipable mobs.
    - Some mobs where missing or replaced with a weaker version (spell shades instead of sorcerous shades).
    - Some shackle immunities are missing.
    - Some abilities are missing.

Over all suggested tweeks:
    - Incresed DMG of white hits from x2 to x2.5 or even x3. Maybe even more after testing it out.
    - Enhanced patrol patterns for 'Grand Ballroom' and the room in front of Netherspite.
    - Reinsert abilities in the original TBC state. (List in specific tweeks)
    - Increased HP for trash mobs. At least x3, more favourable x4 or x5 to account for the massive increase in AoE dmg WOTLK brought to most classes.
    - Reinsert the shackle immunities to the chargers in the stables. (https://www.ironsongtribe.com/Thread...han-Trash-Mobs)

Specific suggested tweeks:
    Trash mobs:
    - 'Phantom Attendant': Reinsert the heal, probably even as multitarget, to account for increased AoE dmg.
    - 'Phantom Usher': Highly increase the dmg (3 of them should be a guaranteed wipe). Reinsert shackle immunity, they took it out later and made them slowable, but imo they should be challenging.
    - 'Ghostly Philanthropist': Reinsert the gold drop.
    - 'Concubine': Change the CC to an instant cast, if not stunned before 50%.
    - 'Arcane Watchman': I hit my 'Bloodworms' for 1000dmg max. Since I'm not sure if Bloodworms have a 90% AoE dmg reduction -> Increase the dmg of the debuff AoE x10 if Bloodworms do NOT have the reduction, else that should be good.
    - 'Arcane Protector': Make 'Fist of Stone' uninteruptable. Greatly increase the dmg of the white hits. Tank should be a one shot with 'Fist of Stone' on.
    - Reinsert the missing sorcerous shades and/or replace the spell shades.
    - Reinsert 2 more 'Ethereal Spellfilcher' in the small room in front of chess

Boss fights:
    - Attumen: Overall dmg increase. HP felt appropriate.
    - Moroes: Overall dmg increase. Retribution Paladin should hit harder. Garrote ticks could use a small increase (x1.5?). I like that Garrote stays after the fight. We didn`t had Arms Warrior, so can`t say anything about him. Healing Mobs felt good, maybe a bit more spellhaste and or spellpower.
    - Maiden: Consceration: DMG is quite challenging, I like it. Holy Fire: Needs to be decreased, one shotted our Priest multiple times, with no other player close. Nearly one shotted other classes with more HP. Felt good else.
    - Wizard of Oz: Increase the dmg, except Tinman. Our Paladin Tank facetanked all except Tinman, without any trouble. I like the 3 Whirls on Crowne.
    - Curator: Reinsert the DMG reduction in non-evocation phases. Increased HP for sparks, Increased DMG of sparks. White hits of Curator seemed good. Maybe a bit more dmg (x1.5) on the "Hateful Bolt"
    - Illhoof: More HP for Kilrek and Imps. HP of 'Chains' felt good. DMG of 'Chains' should be increased by x2 - x3 (3k per tick now, not threatening at all)
    - Shade of Aran: Increased HP for Water Elementals. Shade of Aran HP felt good (We had ~10% Mana on him left at kill time, with quite some DMG in the group). Casts could hit harder (x1.5 - x2)
    - Netherspite (we only had 2 tries here): Felt good overall, maybe a bit more DMG in his P2. Movement pattern out fight makes the pull a bit unpredictable.
    - Chess: I love the increased DMG on Medivh's pieces. Algorithm on his pieces seems good, but highly aggressive. I like it, but could be frustrating for PUGs
    - Prince: Felt overall good, maybe more DMG/shorter CDs to make it more challanging. We had a Tank that never did him and really unlucky 'Infernals' still first try. His AoE felt good. Axe Dmg as well. Overall HP works out well.

Not covered:
    - Mobs that died to fast to check for abilities: All ghosts after opera.

Mentionable:
    - Cellar Boss counts as a Rare+ Mob and drops a single rare item.
    - Spiders in cellar. Poison DoTs felt a bit to weak.

I once again want to thank you for providing us with this experience and I rly like it. All stuff mentioned above is from a T4/T5 content experience and would fit the setting of challenging content in my personal opinion.

Cheers and thanks for the good work
    BossBolognese

P.S. Hit me up if I forgot something or you have some questions.
    Edited: May 2, 2021 Reason: Correcting some typos