1. May 4, 2021  

Should I update my graphics driver?

As the title says,

since WOTLK is 13 years old game, should i update my graphics card driver?

I mean, will the driver be compatible with my wow game?

Thanks.

2. May 4, 2021  
    You should update it, yes. But most drivers that are out now focus on funcionality on newer games. Updating drivers on your graphics card shouldn't influence how it performs on old WotLK. If it does, you can always rollback a version.
    Is it performing poorly on your game or are you just asking to check?

3. May 4, 2021  
    You should update it, yes. But most drivers that are out now focus on funcionality on newer games. Updating drivers on your graphics card shouldn't influence how it performs on old WotLK. If it does, you can always rollback a version.
    Is it performing poorly on your game or are you just asking to check?
    My WoW is performing good at the moment, i am just asking to check.

My graphics card is: " Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 "

4. May 4, 2021  
    Technically, the GTX 650 (DEV_0FC6 and DEV_11C8) is supported by the latest drivers(currently v466.27). Realistically, the coding that goes into all these new drivers will never actually affect GTX 650, as it is at this point "ancient" - Kepler support was essentially finalized with driver v391.35.

You CAN update your driver(clean the old one with Display Driver Uninstaller under Safe Mode, then install the new one), but you will see next to no improvement in WotLK in particular. In rare scenarios, a new driver may even make things worse.

Simply put - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

5. May 4, 2021  
    Technically, the GTX 650 (DEV_0FC6 and DEV_11C8) is supported by the latest drivers(currently v466.27). Realistically, the coding that goes into all these new drivers will never actually affect GTX 650, as it is at this point "ancient" - Kepler support was essentially finalized with driver v391.35.

You CAN update your driver(clean the old one with Display Driver Uninstaller under Safe Mode, then install the new one), but you will see next to no improvement in WotLK in particular. In rare scenarios, a new driver may even make things worse.

Simply put - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
    " Realistically, the coding that goes into all these new drivers will never actually affect GTX 650, as it is at this point "ancient" - Kepler support was essentially finalized with driver v391.35. "

What do you mean with this, I don't understand it, what do you mean by " ancient " ?

And what is kepler support?