1. May 7, 2021  
    This is a very ham-fisted approach. I didn't like the brackets, but now that they are effectively disabled this is even worse.

People go AFK because they get gy farmed and the solution is to kick them out and make other people join who will in turn get farmed too. i.e. you inconvenience at least twice as many people, and also make it impossible to defend objectives in the process.

2. May 7, 2021  
    I don't think it's a good idea to kick players that stay in ghost form. Like that players are forced to feed graveyard farming premades with free HKs.

3. May 7, 2021  
    I don't think it's a good idea to kick players that stay in ghost form. Like that players are forced to feed graveyard farming premades with free HKs.
    I'd prefer those bastards, with all my respect, to get kicked exactly because loligagging is not an option when you're being farmed. There is a reason in the first place people get farmed its because they don't even try. For loligag honor gains you can always visit WG every 2 hours and just do whatever, no one would mind you there. But staying as a ghost because you are being farmed ain't a valid excuse to screw that half of the team that actually wants to fight and is doing it. How do you not even figure out why you are getting farmed in the first place, maybe because 2-4 people refuse to play and just stay ghosts.

4. May 7, 2021  
    I'd prefer those bastards, with all my respect, to get kicked exactly because loligagging is not an option when you're being farmed. There is a reason in the first place people get farmed its because they don't even try. For loligag honor gains you can always visit WG every 2 hours and just do whatever, no one would mind you there. But staying as a ghost because you are being farmed ain't a valid excuse to screw that half of the team that actually wants to fight and is doing it. How do you not even figure out why you are getting farmed in the first place, maybe because 2-4 people refuse to play and just stay ghosts.
    In most cases even if the entire team keeps resurrecting over and over again they don't stand a chance against a graveyard farming premade.
    Resurrecting only incentivizes the premade to continue with the ganking instead of ending the BG.

5. May 7, 2021  
    In most cases even if the entire team keeps resurrecting over and over again they don't stand a chance against a graveyard farming premade.
    Resurrecting only incentivizes the premade to continue with the ganking instead of ending the BG.
    oh, well dont expect graveyard farming for you to end any time soon, not with that attitude.

6. May 7, 2021  
    NEW UPDATE!

I just played in a warsong glutch and the best thing happened!

An ennemy rogue went to take the flag. As he avoided all contact to get there as quickly as possible he got the debuff! on his way back i spotted him. And carefully stayed far enough so he couldn't touch me at all and get combat. Waited 15s for him to get kicked and go the flag back :)

=> broken as ****
    => sorry for abusing but this was funny as hell :D

7. May 7, 2021  
    Good idea in theory but absolutely terrible execution, so not only is now a bad idea to lets say defend a base in AB, now if the enemy team is gy farming in WSG or AV you are now forced to revive and feed the enemy team or else get kicked. GG warmane

8. May 7, 2021  
    NEW UPDATE!

I just played in a warsong glutch and the best thing happened!

An ennemy rogue went to take the flag. As he avoided all contact to get there as quickly as possible he got the debuff! on his way back i spotted him. And carefully stayed far enough so he couldn't touch me at all and get combat. Waited 15s for him to get kicked and go the flag back :)

=> broken as ****
    => sorry for abusing but this was funny as hell :D
    lol this is insane.

Generally I appreciate Warmane's efforts to improve the BG experience as BG AFKing is a huge problem, but some scenarios listed here might be too extreme?

I mean sometimes when I die, I do not ress at the GY but run to my body as a ghost, wait ~1min, ress and instantly recap a flag, run towards next etc. while the enemy farms GY. It makes some of the enemy players come back after me, which then allows my team to ress and have a chance against the GY farmers who are less in number as a result. So after these measures I will get kicked before I even reach my body?

Also I am not interested in hk farming, I play objectives. So what happens when I cap a tower in AV and def it for 5 minutes, and the enemy is not coming - will I get kicked?

What I listed is still not that bad but the situation with flag capping in WSG is game breaking.

My suggestion is that you should encourage people to open reports. Whenever I report someone for being AFK during BG all I get is "we will look into this matter". Maybe if you let us know if the player we reported got banned, there would be more reports and players eliminated. But then I understand your GMs would be flooded with tickets even more.... eh

9. May 7, 2021  
    lol this is insane.

Generally I appreciate Warmane's efforts to improve the BG experience as BG AFKing is a huge problem, but some scenarios listed here might be too extreme?

I mean sometimes when I die, I do not ress at the GY but run to my body as a ghost, wait ~1min, ress and instantly recap a flag, run towards next etc. while the enemy farms GY. It makes some of the enemy players come back after me, which then allows my team to ress and have a chance against the GY farmers who are less in number as a result. So after these measures I will get kicked before I even reach my body?

Also I am not interested in hk farming, I play objectives. So what happens when I cap a tower in AV and def it for 5 minutes, and the enemy is not coming - will I get kicked?

What I listed is still not that bad but the situation with flag capping in WSG is game breaking.

My suggestion is that you should encourage people to open reports. Whenever I report someone for being AFK during BG all I get is "we will look into this matter". Maybe if you let us know if the player we reported got banned, there would be more reports and players eliminated. But then I understand your GMs would be flooded with tickets even more.... eh
    Hi! i tried 2 times only to run back to my corpse for the reasons you mention. I got kicked twice before even reaching my corpse.
    For AV defense tower didn't get kick yet? idk why but i didn't!

10. May 7, 2021  
    @Palutena
    When you report somebody in a BG afk by right clicking on the player frame is that report forwarded to a GM?
    Why don't GMs just investigate the players that have often the idle debuff and ban them?

11. May 7, 2021  
    @Palutena
    When you report somebody in a BG afk by right clicking on the player frame is that report forwarded to a GM?
    Why don't GMs just investigate the players that have often the idle debuff and ban them?
    It is not sent to GMs. If (I think) 3 or more players report someone as AFK, this person gets a debuff for 2 minutes and then gets kicked.

12. May 7, 2021  
    It is not sent to GMs. If (I think) 3 or more players report someone as AFK, this person gets a debuff for 2 minutes and then gets kicked.
    Yeah but I'm wondering if Warmane keeps track of the players who get reported this way.
    I mean, wouldn't that be the most efficient way to identify bots?

13. May 7, 2021  
    Sorry but due to the high amount of people not participating actively in the battlegrounds, some new anti-afk measures have been implemented. Not moving for a few minutes or staying as ghost will auto mark you as afk, even without people reporting as such.
    I appreciate the sentiment, AFKing was/is a huge issue on this realm that should be addressed. However, as is obvious from the experience of the people in this post, this is definitely not the way to go about it. I hope in the future, the devs will find an optimal solution. Thanks for the answer!

14. May 7, 2021  
    I appreciate the sentiment, AFKing was/is a huge issue on this realm that should be addressed.
    I disagree. I've never seen people AFKing at a big scale in BGs that can be won.

If your point is "when we are getting crushed in AV, 10 players go AFK", yes you are right. But as I said above, by kicking those 10 players out and then getting 10 other players crushed instead you're not solving anything, you're just inconveniencing 20 players.

15. May 7, 2021  
    I disagree. I've never seen people AFKing at a big scale in BGs that can be won.

If your point is "when we are getting crushed in AV, 10 players go AFK", yes you are right. But as I said above, by kicking those 10 players out and then getting 10 other players crushed instead you're not solving anything, you're just inconveniencing 20 players.
    In my experience, it is not uncommon to have WSGs where 3-4 people are AFK in base when the first fight happens. Some of these then either just stay AFK, or sit in stealth at the side. On a BG where the fight is 10v10, that is an instant lose. I've also seen people just sit in stealth from minute 0 on EOTS, hiding among those weird looking stones. On Isle of Conquest, regardless of whether we're winning or losing, I see at least 3 people AFK in base on a good day, up to 10 if we're unlucky. This is my personal experience, yours may differ. This is on the Frostmourne/Blackrock crossrealm bgs mind you, so if you're playing the ICC contet bgs, the case might be different. This isn't about getting farmed or farming the enemy, I've had a 65-70% winrate this last week, playing duoq bgs with a friend of mine, trying our best to carry through objectives. What I'm saying is that I see way more AFK people here, than on retail (on both sides), and I don't like that at all. I also don't like getting kicked for no reason (hence the post), therefore I'm not happy with the solution, albeit it adresses a real problem.

First 1234 Last