1. May 6, 2021  

Instakick from AV for defending mine

So just now I was in an AV, where both teams were turtling. Since there was no way any of us was getting to boss, and the match was going to come down to reinforcements, I went and took the enemy mine. Three times some dude tried to come in and take it from us, I saved it on all occasions, and since we controlled both mines at this point, we were losing reinforcements much slower than the enemy. Then a teammate of mine comes in the mine, targets me sitting there in stealth (I'm a feral dru), and I get instantly kicked, and flagged as a deserter. I suppose he hadn't ever played AV before and thought I was afking I guess, but how come I got instantly kicked? I thought I usually get a debuff that tells me to get in combat or else I get kicked but that didn't happen. He just came in, I guess he reported me, and I got booted right away. I was moving my character every minute or so, so there's no way I got automatically put into AFK status. How am I supposed to stop that from happening? Just not defend mines, or resource points in general, for fear of getting kicked? Go and zerg mid mindlessly?

UPDATE: After my deserter expiring, I qued up again, and got into an Isle of Conquest. We took docks, and thankfully we managed to defend the glaives. We quickly broke their gate, and as I exited my glaive, when I mounted up, I got kicked, and again flagged as deserter. What the hell is going on? I was literally in the glaive the whole time we were hitting gates, and as I was mounting up to go for their boss, someone reported me or what? I feel like I'm on one of those prank shows, only it's for WoW, and whenever I do good and meaningfully help my team win, I get kicked before the victory screen.
    Edited: May 6, 2021

2. May 6, 2021  
    I've also noticed this—either the threshold for getting flagged as AFK has changed, or a group of people are running an addon that automatically reports everyone as away. It happens constantly in IoC and AV.

3. May 6, 2021  
    Did you also not get a notification/debuff to get in combat, and just got thrown out instantly?

4. May 6, 2021  
    Did you also not get a notification/debuff to get in combat, and just got thrown out instantly?
    You get two one-minute debuffs, after the second one expires (the one with the cow icon) you are booted.

5. May 6, 2021  
    You get two one-minute debuffs, after the second one expires (the one with the cow icon) you are booted.
    That did not happen in my case. When I got kicked from AV, I had no such debuff. In the second case, from IoC, I guess I could've had the debuff, I wasn't checking, since my unit frame was replaced by the vehicle unit frame (I keep my debuffs on my frame, not in the top right).

6. May 6, 2021  
    dude your first misstake was to post something about alterac valley nobody gives a f anymore abuot this and nothing will happen deal with such things like u getting kicked cause u are not in a pvp guild, or u are not a name around. alterac valley on warmane is a zone where its all about honorable kills nothing more this section is not even worth to type anything about it. even if its not the case that ppl reported you cause i cant get into my head thats a bug, cause that would be hilarious right getting kicked after such short peroid of time im sorry nobody will give a damn thing about it.

7. May 6, 2021  
    That did not happen in my case. When I got kicked from AV, I had no such debuff. In the second case, from IoC, I guess I could've had the debuff, I wasn't checking, since my unit frame was replaced by the vehicle unit frame (I keep my debuffs on my frame, not in the top right).
    I have never seen this. I will pay more attention.

8. May 6, 2021  
    as far as I noticed u get debuff after not entering combat for 3 or so min which makes doing objectives extremely difficult {using glaives, demos, capping bases, capping flags bombing gates not to even mention av mines) I guess joining premades and farming gys feast is what bgs are all about these days even without this change

9. May 6, 2021  
    That's weird, since I've had ABs, where I stealthed around mines for more than 5 minutes at a time, and never got a kick. I guess I didn't get reported those times. From the comments above, my conclusion is that there was probably a group of people queing at the same time as me, who didn't like me. I suppose they mass reported me and I got booted. Guess I'll just mindlessly run into the enemy like the rest of the enlightened BG players, rather than playing of objectives.

10. May 6, 2021  
    this happened to me too. I can assure you its either bugged or rules about flagging for kick has been changed.
    It used to be 2-3 mines of different debuff leading into a kick with deserter.

It happened to me twice already 1 time in warsong glutch and 1 time in alterac. Im entering BG, popping my mount to run and boom, kicked.
    no warning no debuff.

I even couldnt play in a strand of the ancient as i spend the first 10m running around back and forth to "stay in combat" and avoid kick. just because some ppl or maybe addons idk were reporting me during the whole bg. I literaly had the debuff for 10mins..

11. May 6, 2021  
    If perchance any moderators, gms or admins read this thread, it would be great if they could clarify, whether the kick/AFK report system has changed recently, cause if it hasn't, then this is likely some script/bug abuse these guys are doing.

12. May 6, 2021  
    it clearly isn't group or addons u can test it easily urself maybe they got bored reading all the ticket reports and came up with this fast 'solution' where u as a healer have to do aggressive spells every fight in order for the system to recognize u as not afk bs

13. May 6, 2021  
    If perchance any moderators, gms or admins read this thread, it would be great if they could clarify, whether the kick/AFK report system has changed recently, cause if it hasn't, then this is likely some script/bug abuse these guys are doing.
    Sorry but due to the high amount of people not participating actively in the battlegrounds, some new anti-afk measures have been implemented. Not moving for a few minutes or staying as ghost will auto mark you as afk, even without people reporting as such.

14. May 7, 2021  
    Sorry but due to the high amount of people not participating actively in the battlegrounds, some new anti-afk measures have been implemented. Not moving for a few minutes or staying as ghost will auto mark you as afk, even without people reporting as such.
    Hey thank you for the information. Is it possible the new changes are kinda glitching, and would it be possible for some extra details so we can give ya guys proper feedback if needed at some point?

15. May 7, 2021  
    I understand and its good you guys take care of this! But don't you think entering a BG, buffing yourself, mount up and go fight is a bit rude to kick someone?
    Between the moment i entered and the moment i got kicked, not even more than 20s has passed...

PS: Staying as ghost will auto mark you as afk. Isn't it a bit too much AV graveyard farming centered?
    Like right now you can't even walk to the nearest graveyard to avoid the a kick and therefore you must stay there and get slain over and over again..

123 ... Last